I consider myself an intermediate player. The only thing that is keeping me from being an expert is a practice routine. I have the time to practice 5-6 hours a day... but I don't know how or what to practice. I want to learn how to shred and sweep pick, but I don't know where to start. Can anyone help me?
Here's a good website that i used to learn the basics of sweep picking go to www.insaneguitar.com (go under the master classes click technique and then click sweep picking 101). To learn sweeping picking it takes time and a lot of practice. Make sure you have a metronome and practice at a slow tempo. Another thing to make sure of is to be able to alternative pick that to will require a metronome to use because you want to be able to do constant notes. This hopefully can help you start out.
Yeah I'm that guy who says I'm right
but more than likely is wrong

It happens doesn't it?
Last edited by dumbface12 at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by dumbface12
Here's a good website that i used to learn the basics of sweep picking go to www.insaneguitar.com (go under the master classes click technique and then click sweep picking 101). To learn sweeping picking it takes time and a lot of practice. Make sure you have a metronome and practice at a slow tempo. Another thing to make sure of is to be able to alternative pick that to will require a metronome to use because you want to be able to do constant notes. This hopefully can help you start out.

I can play really fast but it's sloppy so I'm relearning all of my techniques so I can play really clean. Thanks man!