Hey

I've been asked to play on my friends recital for uni, its a jazz thing. I can usually learn stuff by ear, but cos I'm not that exposed to this type of music, I'm finding it difficult here. Where's the best place to look to find actual tabs of the versions of each standard I've been asked to play? I've found a few on sheet music, but I can't really read dots properly, it'd take me forever.

Thanks for any help
Quote by duncang
They're just like EEEEEEeeo. EEEeeo. EEEEEEEEo. oo. o.

I like commas
not going to find them. learn to read or learn by ear. to be frank, if you can't do either well enough to learn these tunes, you shouldn't be playing someone's university recital. but if he knows you can't read or transcribe well, then that's his fault i guess.
#DTWD
What are you being asked to do? If you just need to play chords/rhythm for him, you can go find a real book and get the chords for whatever song you're playing.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Thanks Kyle, I got hold of that book, just a simple case of transposing into the keys of the versions that I've been asked to do.

Thanks for you help
Quote by duncang
They're just like EEEEEEeeo. EEEeeo. EEEEEEEEo. oo. o.

I like commas