Hello my friends,

After some days feeling too sick to play or even record, here is this week's cover, this time trying to experiment with different camera angles to make it more interesting to watch, and of course to avoid showing my beautiful face all the time ! xD

LINK - Wasted Years Video Cover - Iron Maiden

As always including a backing track - http://www.4shared.com/mp3/GlvHfbw9/wasted_bt_01.html

Hope you like it and if so, please click "I like" and subscribe, I'll always return the favor, and hopefully I will be uploading new stuff every week.

See you soon!!
Last edited by GustavoTM at Apr 9, 2012,
I still need to learn that riff as well, beautiful stuff. Really solid picking. Then again, one shouldn't even attempt this track without that. The solo really amazed me, but that's probably because I've seen a lot of bad Iron Maiden covers, it's just pretty hard stuff, yet every kid (into metal) who picks up a guitar tries to work it out asap. I feel bad not having any real critique, but this was just brilliantly spot-on.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by cryptic-writing
nice

Thanks
Quote by Kylianvb
I still need to learn that riff as well, beautiful stuff. Really solid picking. Then again, one shouldn't even attempt this track without that. The solo really amazed me, but that's probably because I've seen a lot of bad Iron Maiden covers, it's just pretty hard stuff, yet every kid (into metal) who picks up a guitar tries to work it out asap. I feel bad not having any real critique, but this was just brilliantly spot-on.

Hey thanks for watching and your comment! You're right, this requieres a solid techique, specially good timing. When I first started to listen to maiden I thought murray solos were more difficult than adrian's, but after leaning them myself i realized i was wrong. His note choices and scales are common blues hard rock stuff but the way he phrases it, the timing and the repetition against a different kind of pulse makes some of the licks a lot trickier.. On the other hand, murray stuff requieres mastering more techincal aspects like trills, sweeps, and so on..
Last edited by GustavoTM at Apr 14, 2012,