I'm trying to find ways of recording my guitar and getting the best sound possible with the very few things I have. Hence... I'm poor so going out and buying something is out of the question. Now... I was using Gearbox/Guitarport but the tone and amp selection sucks on gearbox. I did try to use the GuitarPort as a soundcard to plug my guitar into my computer and use VSTs/FL Studio. The only problem was that my input was too much for FL studio so everything was clipping and sounded really bad... I do, however, have something that I can plug my guitar into that has a headphone jack on it so I can connect that with another wire into my laptop. Would this work? Or am I screwed? The absolute most I can spend is $30 US dollars. So help a fellow stoner out so he can make some trippy songs.
You can always use a cheap USB microphone.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
You can always use a cheap USB microphone.

Well direct recording using VSTs... Since my amp is a Marshall MG. I think you can understand why i don't wanna use my amp. lol.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
Well direct recording using VSTs... Since my amp is a Marshall MG. I think you can understand why i don't wanna use my amp. lol.

You might have to compensate
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
If you had a Mac you could just use GarageBand.

Shame.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Everyone is dumb,
Buy a M-audio fast-track $30/max
I got mine for $15; they pop up at pawn shops all day
after that get Reaper (It's basically free),
Fruity loops is for idiots (I hope you didn't pay for it)

I got these results with that set-up
soundcloud.com/kyleganger/no-idea-yet
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by ErikLensherr
If you had a Mac you could just use GarageBand.

Shame.

except garageband is a lowly shit stain that was shat from another 500 generations of recycled shit stains

i've been using it for 2 years now
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Kyleisthename
Every is dumb,
Buy an M-audio fasttrack $30/max
after that get Reaper

This, and Reaper is a damn good program. M-Audio is a cheap way to interface your guitar. If you want to blow a little more coin, you can look at the Line 6 UX line which comes with an amp simulator (pod farm). You can also use stand alone software like guitar rig, which is great as well. If you are just looking for a quick cheap way, the M-Audio fast-track this gentleman offered will do you good.
Step 1: Cord
Step 2: Guitar
Step 3: Tie guitar to compy w/ cord
Step 4: Thread might be moved to recording section.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
The only problem was that my input was too much for FL studio so everything was clipping and sounded really bad...

Use the volume knob on the guitar
Quote by captaincrunk
amp simulation really isn't all that great anyway

If you're retarded with computers and have no idea what you're doing, then yes. They are not good
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
at college when i needed a really quick recording from my bass, i used an adapter that changed the guitar jack into a mini jack which i put into the mic-in socket on the back of the mac and it worked pretty well
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by laid-to-waste
except garageband is a lowly shit stain that was shat from another 500 generations of recycled shit stains

i've been using it for 2 years now

Yeah,plus the drum samples in Garageband sound wrong,i've heard drums enough to know what they're supposed to sound like.
Laptop mic or bust.

Grimes tracked her post-internet magnum opus Visions w/ GarageBand, so lay off h8rz.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Step 1: Cord
Step 2: Guitar
Step 3: Tie guitar to compy w/ cord
Step 4: Thread might be moved to recording section.

I posted this thread in the recording section. 0 Replies. I posted it here. 14. Go figure.
Quote by seljer
Use the volume knob on the guitar

It's not that. When I use FL Studio It has horrible noise to the point to where no matter what settings I use it won't go away.
You CAN get a USB guitar cable that just plugs straight from the guitar into a USB port. If you're using electric it might be easier than using a mic.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by due 07
Laptop mic or bust.

Grimes tracked her post-internet magnum opus Visions w/ GarageBand, so lay off h8rz.

So that's why that album was utter shit
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
If we are thinking about the same Fl Studio then guessing from your earlier statement that you are poor, I'm pretty sure you didn't buy it... Therefore, whatever method you used to get that program, I'd get a program called Adobe Audtion.. It's really good and easy to use. I still use it even after I've tried out FL Studio.. FL studio I use for my complex stuff
Quote by loose bowels
You CAN get a USB guitar cable that just plugs straight from the guitar into a USB port. If you're using electric it might be easier than using a mic.

first. he said going out to buy something is out of the question.

i have the lightsnake usb-1/4 inch cable. its ****ing garbage. 80 bucks and latency on live recording.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Quote by Fear The Abyss
I posted this thread in the recording section. 0 Replies. I posted it here. 14. Go figure.

doesnt mean it belongs here buddie.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Quote by Mrfussytabs
doesnt mean it belongs here buddie.

I came here for help. And if a month warning on my account is what it takes to get answers to a question.... Then I will do it. Especially since putting it in the "right" place gives me 0 results.
Quote by Mrfussytabs
first. he said going out to buy something is out of the question.

i have the lightsnake usb-1/4 inch cable. its ****ing garbage. 80 bucks and latency on live recording.

That's basically what I thought I needed. Thanks man, And thanks to everybody who has responded.
Quote by Devilish Dave
If we are thinking about the same Fl Studio then guessing from your earlier statement that you are poor, I'm pretty sure you didn't buy it... Therefore, whatever method you used to get that program, I'd get a program called Adobe Audtion.. It's really good and easy to use. I still use it even after I've tried out FL Studio.. FL studio I use for my complex stuff

FL Studio is retardedly complex. Audacity is too simple. I'll give that a try :P