Hey guys.
So I listed my electric guitar and amp on craigslist because my main focus has been on bass in the band and I hardly play guitar anymore. Someone offered me a trade for his rockbass corvette. Now I've played some rockbasses before and liked them, others I have hated. He claims that this is an older rockbass model which is better than the new ones. Im more of a German made Warwick guy, but since I cant afford it Id probably make this trade assuming this isnt one of the crappier rockbasses. What do yall think?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I think that if it's a crappier rockbass, you can resell it at the same price you got it, so you don't have much to loose (but time, obviously). if you happen not to like it, you can still try a lot of basses in stores while you wait for re selling it, and then make a more thougthful decision. you also have another bass, so getting a rockbass you don't like won't be much of a probelm.

another question, since i don't know about ESP basses... is the rockbass supposed to be an upgrade from that ESP? if not, i wouldn't bother about getting the rockbass...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Not an upgrade, but more of a change in tone and convenience. I reckon the feel will be a lot different and the tone will be a little more ballsy, so it would be cool to have both.
why dont you go try it out? and if you like it trade, if you dont like it then dont trade
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by c3powil
Not an upgrade, but more of a change in tone and convenience. I reckon the feel will be a lot different and the tone will be a little more ballsy, so it would be cool to have both.

then, i'd say go for it. you can always resell
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
New ones are better than old ones. In theory anyway. The new ones sport all German Warwick hardware and electronics whereas the old ones have wierd generic bridges and a gamble on the electronics depending on the model. You'd be getting seriously ripped off of you traded both your Schecter and Peavey for that Rockbass. Pre-2000 German 'Vettes go for 600 and under all the time. They're the best ones IMO.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I traded it, but only because I think I can turn around and sell it for 300 bucks, which is what was asking for the amp and bass. I may be getting a corvette pro line 5 string today. Wish me luck.
Got a Rockbass Fortress (bought new in about 2005). Never had any problems with it, does have all German electronics & hardware with MEC pickups, just made of less exotic wood than the German Warwicks; it's an Alder body & maple neck with a rosewood fretboard instead of Wenge or Ash body & Wenge neck and P/J instead of J/J or bucks.

Served me well for 7 years of hard gigging and 4 years of full time music study at college. Give it a go, if it's not for you, you can get most of your investment/trade worth back.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
i had a rockbass vampyre and the head pretty much snapped off randomly one night. i'm sure theres a picture somewhere in the depths of the bass forum. not only that but they were somewhat useless (see: crap) when it came to getting the whole thing sorted out.
aside from that, it played beautifully. somewhat of a mixed bag i know but just putting my thoughts out there.
EDIT: that took a while

not wanting to put you off as it really did play brilliantly, but just a word of warning
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Apr 8, 2012,
Pretty and splendor would be the symbols of the girls,everyone try longchamp backpack to create herself additional charming.Low-cost Louboutin Footwear longchamp sale is definitely the well known model of luxury sneakers,the styles of such longchamp bags shoes are exclusive and magnificence,put on a pair of christian louboutin shoes,you could produce a big modify and develop into a longchamp le pliage tote bag lot more magnificence.

Christian Louboutin 140 Gazolina Leather-based Thigh Superior Boots Black