I don't know about the B but the headstock is the same shape as the one on the Lindo I've been trying to sell if that helps. The Lindo has a logo though.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
is there any chance of it being a luthier made bass?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
It might help if you post full pictures. Most people wont be able to tell anything significant just based off the headstock and upper horn
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Does look similar, but the headstock on mine is just solid black, the body on mine is less curvy towards the bottom and I've got a J and a P pickup.
Quote by Tiamatria
Does look similar, but the headstock on mine is just solid black, the body on mine is less curvy towards the bottom and I've got a J and a P pickup.

Different pickups could just mean a different model. The B on yours throws this off though, was this a bass you had bought used? can you tell if the B is a sticker or if its more permanent than a sticker?
I did buy it used. The "B" is not a sticker, it's a permanent decal thing. Also, the bass has no serial number on it, the back of the headstock is blank.
Don't bump...seriously, if we know we'll tell you.

The serial number may be under the neck joint if its a bolt on.
If you bought it, and want to sell it, just put it at 4x what you paid and go down when other people don't seem interested because it's an unknown 5er.

If it's unknown and no logo or stories from the seller, it's probably not a hidden closest treasure. Could be, but it looked like that stagg which isn't bad but not a groundbreaking amazing bass from what I've heard.
Sorry for bumping, I just need to identify and sell this thing ASAP to get money so we aren't evicted from our apartment.

@askere - 4x you say? I got it for $100 and put in $230 of work, so should I really list it for $1320? I was only looking for about $700...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but pretend the money you spent upgrading is gone, cause you will not make more than maybe $50 on the fact you modded it, and the fact it's a cheap ass bass with no name, you'd need to dangle that thing on craigslist for months to find someone to pay $700 (or ever). I assumed you paid like $25-$100 for it at a garage sale. I'd think if you Put it for a $300 and within 12 hours put $250, then just bottomed the thing out you might get lucky. But with no name and personal mods you cross you fingers to get $200.

Edit: If you did something like new bridge, pickups etc. and have the originals and did all the work yourself, might consider reversing, selling the bass, then parting the mod parts out.

If you had some tech do the work for you, you may now find yourself more eager to learn to do your own work and save money.
Last edited by askrere at Apr 9, 2012,
Looks to me like a Stagg, or maybe a Douglas.
miscellaneous japanese mid-range instrument.
All I can find through Google are other people asking about their own. A couple of people have suggested that they're Chinese. The cheapest fretless 5 string I can see on eBay - An unmodded Tanglewood - works out as about $569.55 if that's any help as a rough guide. But that's a known brand.

Quote by askrere
....If you did something like new bridge, pickups etc. and have the originals and did all the work yourself, might consider reversing, selling the bass, then parting the mod parts out.

+1 - I've seen people selling used upgrades for not much below what they originally cost. And even if you don't make that, you'd probably still get more of the original money back that way.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Thanks for all the help. I haven't really "modded" it, just got it defretted, set up and new strings. Safe to put it up on craigslist for about $625?
Nobody's going to track you down and pillage your village even if you put it up for $500000.

Nobody's going to buy it either, though. I think $625 is extremely hopeful, and honestly the absolute most I'd expect to pay for a second-hand unbranded instrument the seller couldn't identify that is most likely a Chinese made thing with low grade components would be the equivalent of about £120-130 (about $200 I think).

It might have cost you to have it defretted, but that doesn't add value. Why would somebody pay three times the value of a cheap Chinese instrument because somebody had paid for a defret job on it, when they could buy a stock fretless cheap Chinese instrument for cheaps?

Of course that sucks for you as the seller, but that's just life I'm afraid. The actual quality and value of the product you're trying to sell determines its value to the seller, not the amount of money you personally have invested in it.
^ +1 to all that.

Quote by Tiamatria
Thanks for all the help. I haven't really "modded" it, just got it defretted, set up and new strings. Safe to put it up on craigslist for about $625?

Defretting is a pretty big modification. If its an amateur job it actually devalues the bass, and even if its a professional job done by an expert from a known shop, the most you could hope for is for it to maintain it's value. 99.9999% of the time defretting will not add anything to the resale value, regardless of how much you spent on it. That's just the way it is.

Set ups and new strings don't add anything either. In fact I'd consider it a pretty standard courtesy for a seller to make sure a bass is set up at least reasonably well and the strings aren't dead before sending it off to a buyer. The fact of the matter is that a bass devalues as soon as you buy it and it becomes "used." It doesn't really matter if you put money into it, you're quite simply not going to make a profit, or even make your money back on it. You can list it for $625, but don't expect to get anywhere near that unless you find a very stupid buyer.

There are of course certain situations where there are exceptions, but this is not one of those situations.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Agreed.. the Tanglewood might not be a high end brand, but it's at least a known name. That was just the cheapest one I could see on that particular site.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Ziphoblat
If you're honestly trying to sell it to pay bills then I'm sure theres some urgency to selling this. Listing it for $600+ is just going to leave it sitting around waiting for the right buyer who is interested, and even then they'll try to talk you down. I'd suggest listing it at $400 max and be willing to accept anything over $100. If it's not absolutely necessary to sell it quickly then you can list it for whatever you want and sit on it for a while.