This may be a stupid question, but I want to change the pickguard on my Squier Jazz Bass. Can I buy Fender pickguards and use them on my Squier? It may be a stupid question but I dont really care...
I'm sure you can, just make sure you buy one with the correct amount of screw holes and that is meant for a jazz bass and you should be good.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I'm sure you can, just make sure you buy one with the correct amount of screw holes and that is meant for a jazz bass and you should be good.

If it is solid body you can drill new screw holes. I bought a new pickguard for my '92 fender strat and the screwholes did not match, but the shape did. I took a small drill bit, drilled some pilot holes, and put some new screws in. The guard covered up the old holes.
Quote by chris.niziolek
If it is solid body you can drill new screw holes. I bought a new pickguard for my '92 fender strat and the screwholes did not match, but the shape did. I took a small drill bit, drilled some pilot holes, and put some new screws in. The guard covered up the old holes.

Yeah, I never said that he couldn't do that. I had to do that with my 50's strat. But most people are just apprehensive about taking a drill to their guitar.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Yeah, I never said that he couldn't do that. I had to do that with my 50's strat. But most people are just apprehensive about taking a drill to their guitar.

Its a $180 bass.... Im not too worried about to be completely honest :P If i f*ck it up, ill just fill the hole with putty and paint over haha