I have an inexpensive AJ-220S that is is a fairly quiet guitar, but with nice tone. Not much low end but nice mids and highs. I also have a Guild GAD-50 dreadnought that is much more expensive, certainly nicer tone, and louder.

I love the jumbo look of the Epi, so I am looking at the AJ-500M or AJ-500R Masterbilt models. Can anyone comment on how these sound compared to the cheaper AJ models in terms of volume and tone?

Thanks,

BB
I can't comment on how the lower end epis sound, but the masterbilts are quite good guitars for the price. my only complaint was that it had a lot more low end than anything else. that was with the mahogany version, the rosewood might be more balanced.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Were these AJ, EJ, or DR models?
Last edited by pekoe1111 at Apr 8, 2012,
i had an AJ500M and an EF500R. I preferred the sound of the EF500R.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.