i have one amp but different guitars with different tunings, how do i switch guitars without unhooking anything?
Dean Floyd Rose Signature

Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss DS-1 Pedal
Boss AC-3 Pedal
Boss BF-2 Pedal

Dime D100C
An ABY pedal.

The Twin City is a really good one.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
im a moron with this aspect of gear lol, how does it work and what about for 3 guitars

Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss DS-1 Pedal
Boss AC-3 Pedal
Boss BF-2 Pedal

Dime D100C
I plug them all into the back of my Korg rack tuner. It has 8 buferred inputs or something like that. Mix out of that into the rack. I just pick up the next guitar, turn up its volume and I'm off and running. I've run four guitars like that regularly. Same reason as you - different tunings.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by SkynyrdsByrd83
im a moron with this aspect of gear lol, how does it work and what about for 3 guitars

There aren't nearly as many ABC boxes out there as ABY. Here's one though.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/morley-abc-selector-combiner-switch/150561000000000?src=3WFRWXX&CAWELAID=92486023

You just use it backwards. The electronics don't care (in this particular case). Instead of putting in one guitar and going to 2+ amps, you put the amp into the input, and the 2+ outputs to the guitars.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
so pretty much plug all of them in, get done with one turn the volume down set it down, pick up the other turn the volume on?

Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss DS-1 Pedal
Boss AC-3 Pedal
Boss BF-2 Pedal

Dime D100C
Depends on what unit you are using. Some units can have them all on at the same time, some like the one i linked you have to switch to whichever one you're using.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I gave up with having all the guitars plugged in ages ago. Admittedly, in a big stage touring situation, being able to change quickly on the fly is a must, but for most gigs and medium-sized stages it just creates more mess and hassle (IMHO).

I just make sure the sets are timed so the singer can do some small rock talk while I mute with a TU-2. I have a 5 and 7 space Rockstand, and keep all my axes handy within two strides reach. When I want to change axes . . . step on the TU-2, unplug the axe, do the two-armed shuffle putting down one guitar while grabbing another, strap it on, plug it in and un-mute the TU-2.

I know it's not elegant, but it works. A lot of times I might bring 7 guitars to a gig, but only use 4, so swapping 3 to 5 guitars in the course of 2 or 2 & 1/2 hours playing time isn't that hard. Unless one is like The Edge using a different guitar for every song, I find having everything plugged in, cabled (or wirelessed) is more grief than it's worth.

Just MHO, of course . . .
Use a tuner to mute the signal going to amp and the unplug the guitar. Keep a guitar stand on stage with you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals