im learning the nightmare solo. on the tremolo picking part my notes arent fully articulate moreover they dont sound loud or clear. can anyone help me?
Practise it slowly first. Try not to resort to using your whole forearm for the picking motion, but to use the movement of your wrist.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
tilt the pick a little towrads the floor, maybe 15 degrees or so. It'll make the pick bounce off the string less, cutting through it - but it will give a slightly softer sound too.
i do tilt the pick. ill try it slowly. i use a pick of 1.2mm does this have nything to do with it?
tremolo picking is a technique that will come the more the practice, if you keep doing alternate picking and gradually building up speed it'll come quite easily I tend to use about a 1.14mm pick so there's not much difference in pick size, just keep practicing it and you'll be fine
If you angle your pick so that it slices across the string (rather than flat against it), there will be less resistance and will allow for a smoother picking motion.
Like others have said, you need to practice it. Play to a metronome, 4 notes to a beat at 100bpm or something. Make it faster when you're comfortable.
Quote by danyal92
im learning the nightmare solo. on the tremolo picking part my notes arent fully articulate moreover they dont sound loud or clear. can anyone help me?

- Practice slowly.

- Accent the downbeats.

- Tilt your pick so it slices over the string.

- Investigate whether or not changing your pick gauge would be worthwhile.

- Use the neck pickup.

- Evaluate how good your right / left hand synchronization is. Playing clumsy, noisy garbage fast will just make it sound like fast garbage.
Quote by Kerbache
Why is it called tremolo picking?

Because it creates a tremolo effect if it's done right.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.