So, I'm at home, alone and bored. I've decided to write a song in the key of F just for the fun of it, but thought It'd be better, and more interesting, to do it on here with everyone having an input (just for fun).

Thus far I have 4 chords for the intro/verse:

F: 133211
Bb: x13331
Gm: 355333
C: x35553

These are chords I-IV-II-V, for those who may not know.

Now it's up to you! Add lyrics, riffs, solos. more chords or whatever but post on here so we all can play.

Let's play!

Jim the Newbie
Needs a bongo solo
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by basfreak
I'd like to add a cowbell

thats a great idea but i think it needs MORE cowbell.

Nice thread idea Jim, but I IV II V is not enough to add to. Post a recording. You will get better responses.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
thats a great idea but i think it needs MORE cowbell.

Nice thread idea Jim, but I IV II V is not enough to add to. Post a recording. You will get better responses.

Here's a link to the recording:

http://soundcloud.com/theboldjim
I agree more cowbell.

On a more serious note, try an use a more varied rhythm. What you have isn't bad, it's thust kinda generic, try throwing in something a bit more interesting. Maybe different chord voicings, I would try and suggest some but it's a pain to do on an iPod :P
Needs moar soul and phunk. Try creating a more groovy rhythm, maybe with some "clicks" in between strums. I'm thinking something like beginning to Sofa Song by The Kooks.

Oh, and cowbell.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
The point is for YOU to add to it, not tell me that it needs more 'x' or 'y' etc.

It's just a simple foundation to build on. If you think it needs changed, record it and upload!
Hmm, I don't have the means to record and stuff now, but I might just fiddle around a little in GP and see if I come up with something cool...
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Ok, I made something pretty alright imo, named it "Of Cats and Cowbells", but now I don't now how to upload the file and have to go out for the night so I'll probably post it tomorrow..
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by Muffinz
Ok, I made something pretty alright imo, named it "Of Cats and Cowbells", but now I don't now how to upload the file and have to go out for the night so I'll probably post it tomorrow..

No update, Muffinz?
Quote by TheBoldJim
No update, Muffinz?

Yeah, had forgotten about that..
How do I upload a Guitar Pro file?

Edit: Tried uploading it to the "normal" UG tab database under the name Misc Unsigned Artist - Of Cats and Cowbells, but it won't show up... Meh, wasn't that great anyways..
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Last edited by Muffinz at Apr 12, 2012,
Argh I really need to learn my CAGED system for this. I'm just practicing my theory and I constructed the scale based on they key of F, then verified that your progression matched what I did: Key of F(major): F G A Bb C D E. Prog is I IV II V, and I noticed you moved them up the neck to the barred version. I still haven't learned all my CAGED stuff so it's a little hard for me to verify the frets you posted are correct. I'm assuming you're also listing the low E first, but maybe it's the high e?
Quote by holywins183
http://soundcloud.com/snoeko2/i-added-metal here i added some metal

haters gonna hate

This music that you play for us, comes from the depths of hell.
Rock'n'Roll's the devils work he wants you to rebel.
You'll become a mindless puppet, Beelzebub will pull the strings.
Your heart will lose direction, and chaos it will bring!

You'll Never Walk Alone!