Of the two guitars (Jackson Dk2M or the LTD H351 FR) which one would be a better axe. I already have a DK2T but want a Floyd, and found both these guitars and they are around the same price. Which one?
More gear laying around then I know what to do with, and still buying crap.
I love Jackson necks but the 351 is better spec'd

Depends on how much you love your current Jackson
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
i can easily recommend a dk2m over the ltd. you can beat the trem for days without going out of tune. and jackson necks.....well lets just say their some of my favorite necks to shred on next to charvel's
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I like my Dk2T, its got a thin fast neck thats great for shredding. Ive never played an LTD thats why I am curious which one would do me better. The LTD does have active EMG's compared to the passives in the DK2M.
In that case try an LTD before you consider getting one. I tend to prefer a good passive to an EMG as well but that's all preference.

I tend to love D necks so i do gravitate to Jackson than i do LTD, which have U necks.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
DK2M will be my next guitar. I love Jacksons and to get one with a maple fretboard is my dream.
I like both - I'd say get the Jackson, since you're used to the neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Jackson is most likely a higher quality guitar.

That said, the necks are pretty different, and the neck heels are totally different.

If you don't mind the neck shape and bolt on joint of the Jackson, I'd go for that one. If you want something sleeker with a thicker neck, the LTD.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I own a Jackson DK2m and I have to say playing it is a dream, I have only ever played two necks better, a usa charvel san dimas and a vintage tele. The guitar has feeling, it sings when you bend a note. Also the maple fretboard adds clarity and articulation, something lacking on a lot of the LTDs I've tried. Also just on an aesthetic note, the jackson looks way better.

This is just my opinion and feel free to ignore it but I would always grab a jackson over an LTD
Dk2m is completely diffrent (better) level of quality trust me, I own DK2M and I've been considering that ltd, and I love the floyd on the dk2m. I don't know where are you buying your dk2m but I haven't seen that jackson with passive pickups for 3 years now. They are factory equipped with 81/85, well, at least so was mine (2011)
Mine is a 09 white with seymour duncans. This was my first jackson love the maple neck feels almost like I'm playing my strat with balls.
How is the Floyd on the Dk2M? I have had one guitar in the past with a Floyd, and it wasnt to bad. I have all hardtails right now, which is why im looking for one axe with a Floyd.
Don't take people's word over the internet, play both guitars, form your own opinion.
Quote by bigajvigs
How is the Floyd on the Dk2M? I have had one guitar in the past with a Floyd, and it wasnt to bad. I have all hardtails right now, which is why im looking for one axe with a Floyd.

It's a solid, reliable unit. Unlike a lot of cheaper licensed floyds, it has no problems with tuning stability or anything like that. Mine holds tuning for weeks.

On the other hand, a lot of players find it fairly stiff and unresponsive - you have to push a bit harder on the bar than you would on an OFR or a Gotoh. This means that it does the basics, but has trouble with some of the subtler Floyd tricks like fluttering.

If you wanted to change it, as far as I know the route fits an OFR or a Gotoh quite nicely. I'd look that up before considering a swap, though!