I'm looking at getting a additional amp, only really for home use.

I currently have a Line 6 Spider IV 120 which is great for most things but does not give me that Marshall tone I always want.

I'm looking at the Marshall JMD501 or Marshall JCM 1-C (yes I know it's only 1 watt).
I think the JMD501 will give me the sound I'm looking with the option of built in effects and amp models, but I love the 80's JCM Marshall sound so not sure which to pick.
why cant you go used??

For £700 you could easily find a Marshall JVM410 or JVM210 for that on eBay or the used market in general, and you'd be sorted for all the marshall tones really. It gets a bit of a bashing on this forum but i quite like it, wont do the uber brutal metal stuff but everything else it handles very well
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Go used. Get a DSL100 and 1936.

/thread.

This so hard.

Or consider a Vintage Modern or used JCM 800 2203/2204 head or combo as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I little JCM2000 DSL401 might do the trick too, especially with a fresh set of tubes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I wouldn't go with the 1 watt Marshalls. The JTM sounded alright. Good enough for a practice amp. But, you'll out grow it very quick. I was bored of it after about half hour of noodling in a shop. It's not very versatile at all. And for the asking price, it's awful.