So I have an Epiphone SG and there're two things that I want to do with it:

The first, and most important is to change out the pickups. One of them is stripped and the screws keep falling out. So any tips or suggestions on which picks ups to get would be greatly appreciated. The main music that I play is Muse. So anything that would help me achieve a more Muse-like sound would be what I'm looking for. This is my first and only electric guitar, so I'm sort of a newbie in guitar customization and upgrading. (although last year I did scallop my fretboard, so I'm not a total stranger to working on guitars)

The second thing, and this I probably won't get around to anytime soon, is installing a kaoss pad into my guitar (like Matt Bellamy's guitar). I've looked around, but I havn't been sure which of the many kaoss pads to use, or really even how to go about it...nor do I have the money...sigh...details...

Anyways, any help, especially with the pickups, would be greatly appreciated.
Well Matt Bellamy used a high output Seymour Duncan P90 in the neck such as this on his Manson 007: http://www.thomann.de/ie/seymour_duncan_ssp90_2n_schwarz.htm
A lot of the time Matt uses Bare Knuckle Pickups in the bridge like this https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=p90s&sub=p90s&pickup=supermassive_90
You can probably find a used Kaoss Pad on Ebay for about £60-£100. A quick search on Google brought me to this guys blog, where he shows how he put a Kaoss Pad 1 in his guitar.http://kaosspad.blogspot.com/ A Kaoss Pad 2 would also work. You may need to learn how to solder/unsolder with a soldering iron if you don't know how.
Stop being such a Bellamy fanboy...its annoying.

And learn to use google...seriously it took me two minutes to find what exact pickups Bellamy uses.

Work on those two things and you should be ok. And think about whether you really want a Koass pad, otherwise it will end up being a couple of hundred quid just to stick something you never use on your guitar and look like a prick...
Quote by Powersurge213
And think about whether you really want a Koass pad, otherwise it will end up being a couple of hundred quid just to stick something you never use on your guitar and look like a prick...
I have to agree with you on this, it's kind of a one trick pony. Bellamy has lots of money to spend on custom guitars by Manson. It will be much better if you spend time in learning techniques and analysing Bellamy's style, this will be a lot more efficient then spending money on a Kaoss Pad.
I'm thinking you guys are absolutely right. It's just something I've been interested it, I doubt I'll ever actually do it.

(Thanks for the suggestions by the way)
Sounds like a waste of money unless you're joining a Muse cover band or plan on actually using it to some original effect. As for the pickups, you could try dabbing a drop of wax into the hole and then put the screw back in. A few of the holes on my Les Paul were stripped so I did that, it tightened the hole back up and it's fine. A better way would be to break off a chunk of a toothpick, drop it in there with some wood glue, then screw into that. There's also wood filler? Wait.......do you mean the screws that are IN the pickup are coming out? The ones you raise or lower to get a bit more tone? The pole pieces? or just the screws that mount the pickups into the body? Also, if you're looking for a Muse tone, I feel obligated to endorse the ZVEX Fuzz Factory, Bellamy used it, and it's amazing. I blab about this pedal so much I feel like I should get royalties from Vex for it's sales!