Recently I have been listening to Cliff Burton Era Metallica. The reason why I'm on sticking to this era only is because I have been listening to this while high. Now the reason I listen to it while high is that the melodies, harmonies, lyrics, and extra added things just seem really trippy. Anyone else noticed this? Now the Black Album just seemed really relaxed and chilling to me. The Load albums seemed really grooving and they're great to listen to while drunk or high. St. Anger scares me... And Death Magnetic just isn't something I like to listen to while high for some reason. I like the album sober but not while high, I have no interest in it for some reason.

That was just Albums... Now what about their Live DVDs? Let's talk about these! The S&M album was really trippy with some of the songs and the rest just being really laid back or just kinda trippy and amazing. Just the way the orchestra orchestra works with Hetfields smooth voice. The way their guitars are EQ'd with that crunch and yeah man.

What about any other DVD's? I haven't seen any other than S&M so fill me in right here and if you have the same feeling about my opinions on the CD's
I'm gonna guess you're new to weed, Metallica, metal in general, or all three. Either way, lol at tripping out to Metallica.
"I'm gonna guess you're new to weed, Metallica, metal in general, or all three. Either way, lol at tripping out to Metallica."

That made me L, Oh, L.
Want some some ganja chillin' music? Acid Mothers Temple, Frank Zappa, Phish, Cake, Porcupine Tree, Dirty Three is fun to chill too, Pink Floyd. Now go and stone up my friend.
ITT: Cool stoner dude.
Using drugs for listening purposes is so 1970's, get over it. There are no long term benefits and you'll only feel bad about yourself later in life. But I have nothing against you listening to Metallica, so this thread is half okay.
Quote by northdeathstyle
"I'm gonna guess you're new to weed, Metallica, metal in general, or all three. Either way, lol at tripping out to Metallica."

That made me L, Oh, L.
Want some some ganja chillin' music? Acid Mothers Temple, Frank Zappa, Phish, Cake, Porcupine Tree, Dirty Three is fun to chill too, Pink Floyd. Now go and stone up my friend.

I'm speaking for just Metallica. If I want to trip the hell out I'll listen to Dark Side of The Moon. I'm not new to weed at all lol.
Holy shit, did someone just recommend Dirty Three? **** yeah.

Also, skip Dark Side and trip balls to A Saucerful of Secrets.
Last edited by Iommianity at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by Skullivan
ITT: Cool stoner dude.
Using drugs for listening purposes is so 1970's, get over it. There are no long term benefits and you'll only feel bad about yourself later in life. But I have nothing against you listening to Metallica, so this thread is half okay.

Weed keeps me calm. Weed has helped me get through some tough times. Mr Weed has introduced me to so many great people. It keeps me occupied when I'm bored. Weed enhances my creativity and makes me think about things on a whole new level. I won't feel bad for myself. It's not like it's harmful... it doesn't kill brain cells. It just makes me happy.
Quote by Iommianity
I'm gonna guess you're new to weed, Metallica, metal in general, or all three. Either way, lol at tripping out to Metallica.

I'd rather listen to Metallica and attempt to find something that trips me out instead of listening to electronic music.
Ah yeah Dirty Three. and indeed Saucerful or Meddle are better trippin' music. Wanna get seriously fun? Get balls to the wall high and listen to some Fantomas, mind wrecking

"m speaking for just Metallica. If I want to trip the hell out I'll listen to Dark Side of The Moon. I'm not new to weed at all lol." oh. ok in that case I dunno, I loooove me some metal music, but usually go chiller stuff when stoned or like party music. But I think ...And Justice For All would be great stonallica times because of the complexity and the absence of bass bahahaha.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
I'd rather listen to Metallica and attempt to find something that trips me out instead of listening to electronic music.

I don't know what electronic musc has to do with anything right now, but there is metal infinitely more trippy than Metallica. There is also metal more deserving of repeated listenings. They're a 'what you see is what you get' kind of band. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just laughing at you using weed to go on a mystical journey down the path of Metallica.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with electronic music at all, and that kind of hyperbole is silly. I'll go with my previous guess of you being newish to drugs, or at least having an immature attitude towards them. As someone who loves his pot, if you're smoking weed to stay occupied, or make life in general less monotonous, you've got a problem. It also does **** with your brain function.
Last edited by Iommianity at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by Iommianity
I don't know what electronic musc has to do with anything right now,but there is metal infinitely more trippy than Metallica. There is also metal more deserving of repeated listenings. Metallica is a 'what you see is what you get' kind of band. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just laughing at you using weed to go on a mystical journey down the path of Metallica.

For the record though, there's nothing wrong with electronic music at all, and that kind of hyperbole is silly.

I usually don't listen to metal while being high anyways. I was bored with only a few CDs and a fat sack of purp. I thought "I'll give it a shot". Here I am.
Quote by Icarus Lives
I listen to Metallica while in the gym, otherwise never.

Lol, when I try that I try (in vain) to stop my self from head banging. I look like and idiot.

GRAY RAINBOW

Quote by piperurhy
I like Metallica.(Invalid img)

Listen to Orion. The only Metallica song that is remotely trippy lol. Otherwise Pink Floyd!
Doesn't Metallica have a thread? Or is all of B&A just one big Metallica thread. That's what it seems like sometimes.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
Doesn't Metallica have a thread? Or is all of B&A just one big Metallica thread. That's what it seems like sometimes.

One of the most influential bands of all time... I guess they might have a little bit more popularity than most bands.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
One of the most influential bands of all time... I guess they might have a little bit more popularity than most bands.

Well that's irrelevant to the point that they have their own thread and this is not the place for specific band threads. Also popularity =/= influence, just fyi.
I'm an asshole.