I'm trying to record my amp onto Reaper, and I get audio (pretty good sounding too), it's just BARELY audible. My amp is a little Gorilla TC-35 and I'm recording through a Shure SM57 -> mic cable to 1/4 instument jack -> ART CoolSWITCH A/B-Y Box -> Rocksmith cable into my computer. Maybe not the best set up, but I've gotta work with what I've got. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is really appreciated
Seriously?

I'd actually be willing to help you if I hadn't noticed your username.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

I got sick of trying to find a username that wasnt taken, so I chose one I pretty much figured no one would have
Quote by Twistedrock
Seriously?

I'd actually be willing to help you if I hadn't noticed your username.

Why, are you not a fan of dstinguished glam-jazz pioneer Jebediah Beiber? Open your mind, man.

In the pioneering days of rock, bands had to resort to slashing their speaker cones to get a dirty sound. These days, we've got Gorilla.
You have no mic pre-amp in that chain.

Thus, no volume.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
nah. just get an interface. something like a Line 6 UX1, M-Audio Fast Track or Focusrite Saffire will do just fine. And if I were you I'd skip trying to mic that amp, just use amp sims and impulses, you'll get a way better result. No use micing an amp if it's a piece of shite.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

For what I do, it suits me. And I've messed around a bit with my friends amp sims, but I never really liked the sounds I've gotten. I do however, love the tone that little Gorilla gets when you plug it straight in and crank it up
TS - Go read the Recording Interfaces sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Why the **** are you even posting in a 6 month old thread? Holy shit!
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by RingoStar23

This is the last post that I am going to post in this thread so good luck.

Judging by the usefulness of that post, lets just hope it's the last you post on UG, not just this thread.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Here's four facepalms (one for each of 'RingoStar23's posts)...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.