Budget: about 600-700€ tops!

Genres: Blues, Rock, Alt. Rock, Hard Rock, some heavy metal

Home or gig: both, to use in small to medium gigs. It has to be heard over a Line 6 Spider Valve MKII.

Current Gear: Jackson DK2 Pro Series, Ibanez SAS32EX, Line6 Live XT

Head or Combo: Combo. Valve. max 60w

New or Used: preferably new.

Thanks in advance!
Either the Peavey 6505 or Blackstar HT40 will do. Links provided

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackstar-Venue-Series-HT-Club-40-40W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-107220899-i1521959.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12--Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp-105612089-i1445921.gc

EDIT: Both are under your price range (Peavey is 600US and Blackstar is 700US, so yay for those exchange rates.
Last edited by Kenjisan231 at Apr 8, 2012,
I got a Carvin Nomad for 300(US), but you can get a Belaire by them for a little bit more, they're both really good a vintage tube sounding amps, I love mine.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I was looking towards a 2*12, instead of the 1*12 combo, sorry, I forget to mention!
Guitars:
-Ibanez SAS32EX
-Jackson DK2
-Epiphone AJ200

Other:
-Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Lespagnol3105
Thanks for the suggestions.
I was looking towards a 2*12, instead of the 1*12 combo, sorry, I forget to mention!

May I suggest getting two Peavey 6505's? Only kidding. How about this fun guy, which is the bigger version of the HT40. Its a 2*12 and it sounds dandy as candy. According to this handy little conversion app, its 900US, or a little under 700 Euro. Its at the peak of your price point, but decent 2*12 tube combos are expensive, usually. I will look for other options.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackstar-Venue-Series-HT-Stage-HT-60-60W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-107220907-i1521961.gc
Bear in mind that prices are significantly higher in Europe. An amp that costs $900 in the US is well over 1000 Euros over here.

TS, for 600-700, if you want a 2x12 one potential option is a Bugera 333XL.

But:
- it's 120 watts...
- the speakers could be better
- Bugera has had some reliability issues in the past, I'm not sure how much they've fixed them since

Other than that, you'll mostly find 1x12 combos in this price range. But give the 6505+ combo a try, they're not bad at all.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Actually, a 600 dollar amp there it's 600€ here. Don't ask why. Generally it happens this way!
As for the bugera, I had one in the past, and I didn't like it, it just wasn't for me! and it was very loud!
Guitars:
-Ibanez SAS32EX
-Jackson DK2
-Epiphone AJ200

Other:
-Line 6 POD XT Live
Guys, what about the bogner alchemist 212? it costs around 677 here. Any thoughts?
Guitars:
-Ibanez SAS32EX
-Jackson DK2
-Epiphone AJ200

Other:
-Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Lespagnol3105
Guys, what about the bogner alchemist 212? it costs around 677 here. Any thoughts?

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a 2*12 preference? It will help making other suggestions.
I like the 212's because the sound is more envolving ( is this correct?). The 212's seem to have more power. Basicaly they "shake you're nuts more". At least, it's the impression that I have!
Guitars:
-Ibanez SAS32EX
-Jackson DK2
-Epiphone AJ200

Other:
-Line 6 POD XT Live
The 2nd speaker does add a lot of depth.

You can always get a cabinet to go with it too. That way you can bring the 1x12 with you for practice and small gigs, and if you feel so inclined, you can bring out your closed-back 2x12 as well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Lespagnol3105
Portugal!

Im in the UK.....
have a look into them, im selling it pretty cheap
Ok thanks for the help!
Guitars:
-Ibanez SAS32EX
-Jackson DK2
-Epiphone AJ200

Other:
-Line 6 POD XT Live
I've used Bogner alchemist 2x12's....they are amazingly good amps and well worth recommending. Very versitile in my opinion. You wouldn't be doing too badly buying this, especially for gigging, it's loud and reliable, with a nice dark tone for blues/rock, use a little juice from a pedal and it gets nice metal sounds too.
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Don't get a 6505. Metal monster, not so good for blues, hard rock or heavy metal (as in Iron maiden and such)

Laney GH50L might be what you want. Or a VC50. The VC50 is quite versatile, while the GH won't give you the ability to switch between clean and distortion.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I have played just about every amp listed and I vote none of them. Look for the 50 watt Jet City combo(the jca5012 i believe, not the one with reverb). 600 new in the US. You will love it, it is far more suited for what you want than anything else on here. And to my ears, much better.
traynor ycv50b on thomann?

richtone also had a laney gh50l on sale for £450. if you can get a cheap cab and don't need a dedicated clean channel that'd be worth considering, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 to the traynors and laneys.

I'd be looking for an orange rocker 30/thunder 30 if you don't mind dark/thick tone. You'd probably have to go used to get a head and 212. Otherwise they're both 112 combos. Only 30 watts but they'll easily do blues, rock, alt rock and hard rock. Chuck a boost in front and you'll have decent heavy tones.

Also, I'd rather have a 112 combo OR a head and 212. For convenience. 212 combos are painful.
Laneys and the Alchemist

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by ProgFolk12

Also, I'd rather have a 112 combo OR a head and 212. For convenience. 212 combos are painful.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?