I have some buzz going on my big E string and it only seems to be a problem on the first fret. I have adjusted the bridge as far as it can go for that string and so I had to lift the tailpiece up quite a bit which of course effects all the strings and sucks because it's just the first fret that seems to be the problem.

Has anyone else had a single fret problem they were able to fix with relative ease? Can I put something in the nut the next time I change strings to lift that one string or can I take it in to see if there is an easy fix for that single fret that won't deplete my wallet but give me good action like my B and e strings and good intonation?

Thanks
Super glue in nut is what people usually suggest for that low on the neck.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I have tht same problem on the 11th fret of my high E string =/
"It turns out you can just buy phycological validation"-Nathan Explosion

If it is just that one fret, there is a good chance that the fret is higher than the others and it just needs to be leveled. Since it is near the top of the neck, it might be a truss rod issue or possibly that the nut is slotted too low.

There should be about .20000 +/- of an inch clearance on the first fret.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.