Pictures please.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
No.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Wisthekiller
That video is terrible...

It's not rare, just not common.

links or it didn't happen

btw the way, since the video is horrible, what should I do?

Is there a certain way to respond to that statement, or is it just your careless opinion, btw when I'm going to make a box office hit I'll keep your sentiments in mind.
looks nice for a squier...but its still a mass produced squier. tons of older guitars are "rare" in the sense that you can't find them anymore for the obvious reason that they haven't been sold for a long time, that doesn't necessarily mean they're worth more than todays equivalent.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
A Series is early Squier; it's "special" in the way a Epiphone Les Paul Special is "special."

http://www.stratconnection.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1176487

EDIT: It's rare in the sense a Squier '51 is rare. They only made it for a few years and it never sold well, meaning it's currently hard to find.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by mike_oxbig
looks nice for a squier...but its still a mass produced squier. tons of older guitars are "rare" in the sense that you can't find them anymore for the obvious reason that they haven't been sold for a long time, that doesn't necessarily mean they're worth more than todays equivalent.

The mass produced guitar for squire was an e series then, this is an a series that ran along side from 85-86 I believe.

Just wanted to see, the e series goes for 400-500 used.
Quote by kangaxxter
A Series is early Squier; it's "special" in the way a Epiphone Les Paul Special is "special."

http://www.stratconnection.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1176487

EDIT: It's rare in the sense a Squier '51 is rare. They only made it for a few years and it never sold well, meaning it's currently hard to find.

with that in mind how much would you sell it for? I am wanting to sell it and buy a weighted action piano, but i wont be scammed, if it is more than the asking price.
"CBS was doing what most companies do to there employees on a blight to get rich, their product was more then below minimal standards"

Why exactly did you post it here? so you could argue with every reply?

How about this: you're sitting on a gold mine, man, give it a couple years and that baby will be worth a million EASY, and you'll be able to sell it, buy a grape drink factory and live the dream.

There, took the argument away from you. How does that feel.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Looks like one of the hm "heavy metal" strats that fender and squire released in the 80s to combat the spread of superstrats, nice guitars and fairly rare. Id love one of the fender hm's, been gasing for a turqoise one for ages
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by SamuraiSeven
with that in mind how much would you sell it for? I am wanting to sell it and buy a weighted action piano, but i wont be scammed, if it is more than the asking price.

It's not worth the wood it's made from. It cost more to ship it out of Japan than it cost to buy. It's grade A, market price firewood. It's $250 down the drain. You'd be lucky to get a dollar for every pound it weighs. It'd be more worth your time to part it, sell the neck on ebay, send the metal bits to a scrap metal buyer and burn the body than it would be to sell it as a guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by mike_oxbig
"CBS was doing what most companies do to there employees on a blight to get rich, their product was more then below minimal standards"

Why exactly did you post it here? so you could argue with every reply?

How about this: you're sitting on a gold mine, man, give it a couple years and that baby will be worth a million EASY, and you'll be able to sell it, buy a grape drink factory and live the dream.

There, took the argument away from you. How does that feel.

im sorry, i just didn't like people being so blunt and my video. i got upset, im only human.

If you could forgive me would you tell me how much you would sell it for?

it is in excellent condition
Quote by kangaxxter
It's not worth the wood it's made from. It cost more to ship it out of Japan than it cost to buy. It's grade A, market price firewood. It's $250 down the drain. You'd be lucky to get a dollar for every pound it weighs. It'd be more worth your time to part it, sell the neck on ebay, send the metal bits to a scrap metal buyer and burn the body than it would be to sell it as a guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

I apologize, could you forgive me?

I do want to be cool like rich kids and have nice guitar, friends as well.

I should shut up.
Quote by SamuraiSeven
I apologize, could you forgive me?

I do want to be cool like rich kids and have nice guitar, friends as well.

I should shut up.

Honestly, though, it's probably only worth about $200-300. You probably won't make a profit on it if you try and flip it.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by SamuraiSeven
why is he selling his for 1,000?

Because just because someone is selling it for a certain price, it doesn't mean anyone would buy it for that price.

And I was saying the video was terrible as a way to tell you to take pictures instead of a shaky video, just trying to help.
Quote by SamuraiSeven
why is he selling his for 1,000?

because he's insane.

go on craigslist, you'll find tons of wackos who think an entry level guitar from the 80's is worth a gibson today.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Well, if I asked for a cool 10.000€ for my Ibanez Darkstone, would I get it?
Probably not (if anyone's interested, 10.000€ is the asking price).
But I could still ask for it.
i'd take the sound clip off of the ad lol
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by SamuraiSeven
Is there a certain way to respond to that statement, or is it just your careless opinion, btw when I'm going to make a box office hit I'll keep your sentiments in mind.

OT: You could try and flip it for more than you bought it, but I reckon it will take you a VERY long time.

EDIT:

Something must have gotten lost in translation when I was reading through the thread. I didn't watch the video and thought you were looking to buy something and then flip it. But yeah, best of luck to you in selling it.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by CL/\SH

OT: You could try and flip it for more than you bought it, but I reckon it will take you a VERY long time.

in all honsety all i want is a trade and the person who is getting it really cant complain, it's not a peavey raptor (spell check? idk?)
I'm not gonna bash the trading game, i started with an epiphone SG and traded my way up to a 1600$ acoustic. but you're trying to trade apples for oranges...what are the odds of finding a pianist who wants to trade his piano for a guitar?
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by mike_oxbig
I'm not gonna bash the trading game, i started with an epiphone SG and traded my way up to a 1600$ acoustic. but you're trying to trade apples for oranges...what are the odds of finding a pianist who wants to trade his piano for a guitar?

that is right, silly me

I have an excellent takamine, but since I am only a two year old player I may as well keep it. It will prob be worth more when Im thirty
You know you can find a weighted digital piano for as low as $300 new?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]