Hi, I have a left-handed B.C. Rich Warlock Platinum edition bass, it has a few chips on the headstock and bottom two spikes, there are a few dents and lots of little scratches and paint chips on the back, and is strung so a right handed player can play. To be honest I hate it, im always hitting the pickup selector with my picking arm and the top spike digs into my chest.

Here are some pictures

Now my question to you is, could I sell this on ebay and if so how much do you reckon I could get for it?
generally i'd say you can sell this bass for sure. alle this dents give him some character. you could say it's a self made relic version like fender does^^
Quote by mguitarb
alle this dents give him some character. you could say it's a self made relic version like fender does^^

It may have "character," but to the potential buyer dents are dents. The road-worn aspect is applicable if it came out of the factory like that, or if it's a desirable vintage bass but in this case they're just chips and dings that are going to hurt the resale value.

TS, I'm not sure what you could realistically sell it for (I don't keep up on BC Rich in particular), but check around eBay or craigslist and see what similar models are going for. Personally, I think it could be a bit of a pain in the ass to unload because of it's condition and the fact that its left-handed.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
You can sell anything... I'd just try and provide some positives instead of hate.

Car dealers don't tell you the budget model is crap... it's efficient!
it's a left handed bass, so even strung the way it is no right handed bassist in their right mind would buy it for the same reasons you want to sell it (and the lack of strap buttons on the correct side). tbh I think your best bet at selling it would be to string it back up for a lefty, but either way you're not getting much for it in that condition
I was just about to say what chatterbox said, your best bet is probably to string it back up left mode and try and sell it for half price of the same bass (lefty model). Lefty models tend to be more expensive so you might get more for it than if this were a righty model in the same condition, but it might take longer to find a buyer.
Quote by Tostitos
It may have "character," but to the potential buyer dents are dents. The road-worn aspect is applicable if it came out of the factory like that, or if it's a desirable vintage bass but in this case they're just chips and dings that are going to hurt the resale value.

TS, I'm not sure what you could realistically sell it for (I don't keep up on BC Rich in particular), but check around eBay or craigslist and see what similar models are going for. Personally, I think it could be a bit of a pain in the ass to unload because of it's condition and the fact that its left-handed.

This^ +10000

Just because a few threads like this are popping up, and I do a lot of musical equipment buying and selling I just want to say, unless you know 100% you are getting an amazing deal and expect to make a lot more, don't think you're going to save yourself from The Man. Local classifieds like craigslist vary greatyly in traffic from hundreds of posts a day in my local (Austin) site, to maybe 10 hits a week where my girlfriends from in Canada. Now places like Ebay seem tempting, but charge for every little addition to the ad you want to make, and not to mention driving to the post office, paying post upfront until you're paid and Ebays like 5-10% cut whatever it is now. If you're selling a beginner/budget/mid range instrument, and lots of damage, don't expect to make over half the new price.

That being said, even with a hot ticket item, if you want to make exactly what you are asking selling it on say craigslist and you know it's at the upper threshold of value toward rip off prices, don't expect to sell it the same hour/day, so if you've got your self major debt or major GAS, too bad but so sad but if you want to make your money in time, you need big ticket items or volume, one bass you modded or abused to learn on isn't going to pay rent. If you do need $$$ fast, expect to have to dump whatever it is at rock bottom BUY NOW prices or go to a pawn shop, never hurts to cross reference if every penny is important.
ok how about this, if i added a few more chips and scratches to it then I could sell it as a road-worn hendrix style bass! Is that stupid or could it work?
Quote by rroastbeef
ok how about this, if i added a few more chips and scratches to it then I could sell it as a road-worn hendrix style bass! Is that stupid or could it work?

Nope, making it worse wont make it better. Its a dinged up cheap bass. I say $150 if you're lucky.
Yeah you'd probably get $150-200 max. It's kind of a limited market, just because its a leftie and a BC Rich.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I'm a lefty and would buy that today for 125 bucks shipped. It is pretty badly dinged up, not a USA made but I wouldn't be buying it as a "main-player" and miss my old IronBird.
Good luck if you wanna toss it on ebay, but PM me if you wanna sell it this week.