Howdy guys! I've recently acquired a couple of new guitars that I'd like to show you!

First up is my Ibanez RGA8 8 string. I've had one before that had Aftermaths in it but it was traded for a RG1527z. I found this one on craigslist in perfect condition, too cheap to pass up so I picked it up! I also just recently installed the new Lace X-bar and Deathbar pickups in it which are unbelievable!

I made up a little test clip for these pickups because they sound so good. I would choose these over the Aftermaths any day of the week. They sound great with anything you throw at them, and notes ring out clearer than I've ever heard! It even sounds like an acoustic plugged in if I don't use a cab sim on my Axe Fx.

Lace X-bar/Deathbar 4.0" test - Demiurge-Meshuggah by Operation Meteor on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Next up is my new Fender Blacktop baritone tele! I've always wanted a tele and I couldn't resist this one when I saw it in our local music shop! It feels and plays great although I'm sure I'll be swapping the pickups on this one soon also.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hngd. Just noticed this, on the second to last picture, is that a scratch on the Tele near the upper strap button?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 8, 2012,
Did you put the Deathbucker in neck or bridge position? also, how much was the set? I'm looking at getting some over the Aftermaths now i've seen this (: HNGD!
you could land a cargo jet on the RGA's fretboard..HNGD nonetheless..lol...hows the Baritone Tele feel? Regular tele, just longer?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
My god!!! Both guitars are amazing!!!

The Ibanez looks amazing and the chrome pups make it shine.

And I'm not into tele's (except the JR tele) but this one looks awesome.

HNGD!!!
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by Minimallamb
Did you put the Deathbucker in neck or bridge position? also, how much was the set? I'm looking at getting some over the Aftermaths now i've seen this (: HNGD!

I put the death bar in the bridge since its the hotter of the two. They range anywhere from 100 a piece to 120 a piece, just depending on what size you get and whether you want black or chrome. I paid around 230 or so if I remember right. Thats about 70 bucks cheaper than the aftermath set cost me.

Controlpanel: The baritone tele is awesome. Besides being baritone, the only things that feel a bit different from the standard tele are the bridge and the humbucker pickup. Otherwise its got that same ole tele vibe.
Also, is there a six string version of these pickups? The only one one the site that I can find that resembles these is modelled after a p90
Warning: Potentially stupid question ahead.

At sections like at 34sec and the end, are you just picking that fast, or is that effect just created by the string's natural vibration?

On topic, those Lace pickups sound incredible!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by Controlpanel
you could land a cargo jet on the RGA's fretboard..HNGD nonetheless..lol...hows the Baritone Tele feel? Regular tele, just longer?

I think you could land a bit more than just one cargo jet on it. :P

OT: HNGD! How's the 8 string?
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Those look like some sweet axes, to be sure! HNGD!

A question, though: I'm a big fan of the standard Alumitones I put into a maple hollowbody I own, but I've been considering putting some Deathbuckers in a Dean EVO Special Select along with modding the guitar for coil-splitting. I haven't heard the Deathbuckers in person, and have been told theyre not good split.

What is your take on the Deathbuckers?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Dr sixstring: Nah that's just a reflection from the photo.

Minimallamb: The death bucker is the regular version of the death bar. As far as the x-bar, I'm not sure what its six string counterpart is but I'm assuming its the alum 90 or just the standard alumitone humbucker.

bAngiel01: That is me hitting the low string (tuned to F) pretty hard. It's just hit once before the riff starts again. All you're hearing is that one note ringing out and probably going a little sharp from picking it hard.

Metallica1554: I'd love to if I had time! I really don't have a lot of free time though. There's a video posted in the extended range section of Sevenstring.org where a guy played the whole song through. That might help you!

Mister A.J.: It's great! Like I said, this is the second one I've had and you really can't beat it for the price. The only dislike I have about it is the crappy stock pickups but I usually end up replacing pickups on most of my guitars.

dannyalcatraz: I haven't used the death buckers before but this Deathbar is apparently modeled after it. I really dig it and it can handle anything from these super distorted metal tones to bright snappy cleans. I'd say go for it! I didn't split the coils in these pickups so I can't comment on that either but as good as these pickups are I don't see why they would sound bad coil split!
Quote by bboren

Mister A.J.: It's great! Like I said, this is the second one I've had and you really can't beat it for the price. The only dislike I have about it is the crappy stock pickups but I usually end up replacing pickups on most of my guitars.

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you peoples about 8 string pups. And which ones are really warm and fuzzy (just like a puppy!), 'cause I'm gonna be getting a DC800 soon (I hope) and I need pups to fall back on in case I don't like the stock ones.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval

Mister A.J.
Mister A.J.
Quote by Mister A.J.
Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you peoples about 8 string pups. And which ones are really warm and fuzzy (just like a puppy!), 'cause I'm gonna be getting a DC800 soon (I hope) and I need pups to fall back on in case I don't like the stock ones.

I've heard nothing but good things about the DC800 pickups! In case you don't like them, I would say go for these alumitones since they fit active routes and all. Besides that, I've only had BKP aftermaths which are super tight, definitely not warm and fuzzy. I've also heard great things about the dimarzio d-activator 8's!
Quote by bboren
I've heard nothing but good things about the DC800 pickups! In case you don't like them, I would say go for these alumitones since they fit active routes and all. Besides that, I've only had BKP aftermaths which are super tight, definitely not warm and fuzzy. I've also heard great things about the dimarzio d-activator 8's!

Yeah, I've just got to make sure I have my routes mapped out. 'Tis my dream guitar, and I want to make sure it has my dream guitar sound. Which is warm and fuzzy, like a puppy!

(It's 'cause of the viola. It made me choose warm and fuzzy tone wood stuffs. :P)

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval

Mister A.J.
Mister A.J.
Thanks for the response, and I listened to your sample- the Laces really did seem to deliver everythingnyounwanted...and nothing extraneous.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!