Page 1 of 2
Solar? Wind? Horse farts?

I think the secret lies in magnets. Definitely.

Inb4 price of oil in your country.
Humans.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
We have lots of time before oil runs out, I'd say Nuclear power, and electricity as fuel.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Dirge Humani
Yeah, because we can totally power a car with a nuclear reactor

In his defense, I'm hoping cars will be obsolete by the time oil runs out.
A SIGNATURE.
Basically lads, without Nuclear Fusion we're fucked.

That is the be all and end all of energy problems. Seriously, get it done, or we're fucked.

For real, without it, we're fucked
Quote by Dirge Humani

No, but we can power electric cars with electricity made from nuclear power. I'll see your roll eyes (sarcastic) and raise you a mad face.
Are there any accurate predictions of when we will run out of oil?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Dirge Humani

Because we've totally hit the limit of nuclear technology
Quote by conor-figgy
Nuclear.

I can see it now...

Every time there's a car accident, 20,000 people perish.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
It won't matter, we won't have anything ready. Oil is the base of our civilization. We would have to be completely off of oil before it runs dry. And I have no problem believing that it's already drying up.
My sig? Nice.
Last edited by BurningTurkey at Apr 8, 2012,
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
I can see it now...

Less people that need power I guess.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
I can see it now...

See my above post. He asked for a source of energy, not one form which can power everything. For example, crude oil is a source of energy but we refine it and use it in different forms.
A car that runs on nuclear energy.

It is implied that the car will run on electricity.

Not a nuclear reactor in that car.
I haz gotten gud
The tears of unicorns.
The hopes and dreams of small children.
Various renewable sources of electricity.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Nuclear is possible, you'd just have to use electric cars.

I think we should be funding that algae energy, personally. After the oil's all dried up, that may be the best option.

If I can afford it, my future home will be geothermal and solar-powered. But that shit's expensive.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by willT08
Basically lads, without Nuclear Fusion we're fucked.

That is the be all and end all of energy problems. Seriously, get it done, or we're fucked.

For real, without it, we're fucked

You do realize that the world functioned before humans began using oil as a fuel and energy, right?

We're not fucked, we'll just have to start living by our means instead of beyond them if we can't find a feasible, reasonable solution.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Nuclear is great. It generates loads of electricity and is cleaner than coal. We can run everything on electricity, and there's enough uranium for us to use it for a very long time. The only downside is that if you want to use light water in your reactor (light water = normal water), you have to enrich your uranium, and the fission process will give you some nice plutonium which you can then use in your nukes. You can use it as fuel for your nuclear plants (again), but that's why people are bitching about Iran having a light water nuclear reactor.

It's also why Canada use heavy-water (look it up, not gonna explain) reactors. They don't want nukes.

Tidal is nice, but not many places are suitable.

Wind is fairly expensive.

Gas is actually really good. Only downside is if oil runs out, gas probably won't last much longer.

Solar (photovoltaic) is really cool, but it would only work in places that have loads of money, water, and sunlight. So I guess parts of the USA and maybe some gulf countries.

Coal is plentiful but is pretty much the worst thing we can do to the environment.
Also, in reality to function without oil man would have to implement most if not all of these means of energy.

Wind ,

solar,

algae,

geothermic,

Tidal,

and

Nuclear
I haz gotten gud
Quote by conor-figgy
See my above post. He asked for a source of energy, not one form which can power everything. For example, crude oil is a source of energy but we refine it and use it in different forms.

You missed my sarcasm
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Quote by Dirge Humani
Nuclear technology is limited by physical laws. There is a bare minimum amount of mass required for a self-sustaining nuclear reaction, and good luck getting it to fit in a car.

Dat fusion....

No, I'm fairly sure the same thing applies to fusion.

Either way, no reason why cars can't run on electricity produced by Fusion generators in the future. Sounds quite cooshty, although I'm sure major oil companies will do their best to slow us down getting there.
In any case we need to keep generating electricity (magnets are used in that, so in a way OP is right) to be able to keep playing metal! And bass instruments that are smaller than the musician.
Hydrogen. Like that one car in Top Gear. Whatever it was called, doesn't really matter but if it was on Top Gear, then that's all I need.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by ApatheticMe
Also, in reality to function without oil man would have to implement most if not all of these means of energy.

Wind ,

solar,

algae,

geothermic,

Tidal,

and

Nuclear

Apparently you missed my post about Nuclear Fusion.

Once we crack that we won't need anything else. At all.
Modern society will collapse and we will revert back to our state of nature, where might is right and I lol in the face of "property" as I take your XBox.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by willT08
Apparently you missed my post about Nuclear Fusion.

Once we crack that we won't need anything else. At all.

Then what field of study should I major in to help with the cause?
I haz gotten gud
I think we'll be fine. What I expect to see in the next 30 odd years is that the oil companies will start investing in renewable energy, so they can continue their monopoly on the world's energy supply. And if anyone can afford to make renewable power work, it's the oil companies.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Fusion is cool and all, but I think proper development will only start on it once oil actually finishes. Oil companies are massively rich and don't want some better energy source.

Also fission is a convenient way to generate the massive amounts of energy needed to start fusion.
Quote by willT08
Dat fusion....

No, I'm fairly sure the same thing applies to fusion.

Either way, no reason why cars can't run on electricity produced by Fusion generators in the future. Sounds quite cooshty, although I'm sure major oil companies will do their best to slow us down getting there.

Because we have nowhere near the needed battery technology to store the huge amount of energy needed to move a car for any respectable distance.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Modern society will collapse and we will revert back to our state of nature, where might is right and I lol in the face of "property" as I take your XBox.

And what are you going to use the Xbox as? A paper weight?
Quote by JD Close
Quote by Most_Triumphant
And what are you going to use the Xbox as? A paper weight?

My new se-XBox.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ApatheticMe
Then what field of study should I major in to help with the cause?

Nuclear and Particle Physics?

But I think willT08 vastly underestimates how hard it will be to master nuclear fusion for as wide (or wider) an application as oil is currently used.
A SIGNATURE.
Page 1 of 2