My car has a cassette player but not a cd player, and i really want to listen to my favorite cds.

Before everyone goes saying just plug ur ipod in with a cassette to aux thing, I lost my ipod.

So what i want to know is, is there a way to take audio from my cds and put them on cassette tapes.
Yup, if you have a tape deck that you can record with. Will probably take some jury rigging to get the input of the tape deck to take a digital output but it can be done with the right equipment.

Hell there might even be a USB to Cassette tape drive on the market.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
k, if a tape recorder has a mic input jack i should be able to plug an aux output (headphone jack with a 1/8 to 1/8 male) into it wouldnt it work?
I don't THINK it'd hurt to try it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Get A cheap cassette player with a cd player on it! Put your cd in, put a blank cassette in and record it!! That how it was done in the 90's.
i have a boom box that has a cd player and cassette player, if i put the cd in and play it and hit record on a blank tape would that work and would it be good quality
*sigh* I can't believe I'm actually old enough already (23 on Weds) to witness people old enough to post here that can't even comprehend how to get music from a CD to a cassette tape

Yes, you put the CD in, press record (play and record, on some units, if I remember correctly) on the cassette controls while playing the CD.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
i was pretty sure that would work but would the quality be any good?

and i took a major interest in music only a few years ago, long after the cassette era (however i am upset they are gone, they are far better sounding then CDs)
Quote by alfguitar992
i was pretty sure that would work but would the quality be any good?

and i took a major interest in music only a few years ago, long after the cassette era (however i am upset they are gone, they are far better sounding then CDs)

I hope you were being sarcastic. I started listening to music back in the 80's and used vinyl, 8-track, cassette, CD & now Mp3 and trust me; MP3 is the way to go. Those magnetic tape 8-tracks and cassette's are gone for a lot of reason's, they degrade and are easily eaten by their players.

But yes, use a cd/tape player to "dubb" your cd's to your blank tapes or plug your source into a tape deck and find the right level & you're good. Can you still even buy blank cassette tapes?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
oh no doubt mp3s last, the will last until you delete the file and will sound the same and are very stable. and i have to look for blanks
Get a portable cd player and the tape aux connector for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
or replace the tape deck with a cd player. Wal-Mart sells in-dash cd players for $50, either install it yourself or pay a little extra for an install.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
To chime in again, you can (or, at least, you could a few years back) get a 'tape' you put in your tape player, with a cable coming off it going to your CD player/walkman, and it basically tricked the tape player into thinking it was reading a tape but the CD player was the actual source and the electronics inside the tape fed it through to the tape player. They were only very cheap but obviously if cheap is what you want that would work too.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
To chime in again, you can (or, at least, you could a few years back) get a 'tape' you put in your tape player, with a cable coming off it going to your CD player/walkman, and it basically tricked the tape player into thinking it was reading a tape but the CD player was the actual source and the electronics inside the tape fed it through to the tape player. They were only very cheap but obviously if cheap is what you want that would work too.

this was what i was going to recommend. a friend of mine had a wire coming outta his tape deck the entire time he had his last car (in the early '00s)