Hello.

Budget? - Around 600 dolars, maybe a bit more.

Favorite Artists? - 80s Thrash metal bands. Death. Galneryus, Vai, Jeff beck, black sabbath, beatles, Gary Moore... and a lot more.

Preferences? - I want 24 frets. I want a tremolo if it is possible to get a good one in my budget... I like agressive shaped guitars(like V's), but other shapes are fine too

Pickups? - Passive hambuckers pickups, but i will put some dimarzio on it, so i dont care much about them.

New or Used? - Any...

Location? - Irving, Texas. Near Dallas...

Current Gear? - Carvin V3M.

So i want a versatile guitar, more oriented to metal.
When i play in a band its mostly metal and hard rock, but when i play by myself i play almost any style.
Good sound for rythm metal, but also able to do melodic leads...

Thanks
Umm.... I say a Carvin DC800!! It may be out of your budget, but you should go f**king buy one!!

And, back on topic, I know Ibanez has a series devoted to strange-ass shaped guitars, but I do not know if any of them will be your guitar.

Ibanez X Series
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
But for the 24 fret thing, I'd suggest getting a Dean Hardtail at Murphy's.

Or check out the G&Ls at Mr. E's music in Euless.

Because of the $$$ floating around D/FW, the GCs and other shops often have some pretty rarefied axes in their used sections- I once saw a Jon Kammerer on the wall of the GC in Lewisville.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 8, 2012,
not alot of guitars with a really good locking trem for the money. you'll get more for your money if you pass on the trem.

a jackson RR without a trem should do the trick pretty good.
Im looking at RR3 on ebay and used they are around $400, and on Guitar center's site it says original floyd roses are $200. So it comes around 600.
Do you think it is a good idea to buy a used RR3 with licensed floyd and change it for a original one?
Also, this guitar has SD pickups, i might wont change them then
Personally, I didn't buy a guitar with a trem until I could afford a good guitar with a good trem already installed.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I've never had the chance to recommend one of these before, but it fits the bill perfectly here - used LTD M-1000. It's a totally 80's shape/vibe (only ruined by the abalone -_- ), and it has a really good Floyd on it. I don't know of anything else you could get that's higher quality in your budget (maybe a BC Rich Gunslinger of some sort?).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yes to the first one. The second one you linked is extremely inferior quality. Stay away from it.

The M-1000's go for $400-500 used. You could get one and then just swap out the pickups.

The Ibanez S series is really good, they have good trems as well, but again, you'll need to swap the pickups on those because the stocks don't have a lot of character and generally sound bland.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, thanks
You gave me ideas for what to buy.
Now im gonna visit shops to see what i can find
Quote by YamiFrankc

What do you guys think about the Ibanez S series?

I had an Ibanez SA series in 2005. It was blood red and it kicked ass. Had the older style bridge, I think it was a 2000 model or even earlier.

It was stolen from me and I'm still pissed off about it.

The catch is that the guy who stole it from me got it without the bridge which I had taken out for servicing. so I still have that. A lot of F***ing good that does me now.

anywho, wicked guitar for the price. Very quick and easy to play (like most ibanez guitars)
I know you're asking about the S series and Its been so long since I've played Ibanez guitars I don't know if they are connected it any way.

As for the original question: Most of you are right on the money - Ibanez or Jackson would do just fine. schecter would be decent too if you can live without the trem (for your price range).
Last edited by mkittell at Apr 9, 2012,
Quote by YamiFrankc

What do you guys think about the Ibanez S series?

I love my S620! It's a very beautiful instrument with a tone to match! My only gripe is that it doesn't have a coil splitter thingy.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I have read bad things about Ibanez S's sustain... it last a very short time, specially on the higher frets.... is that true?
Quote by YamiFrankc
http://www.jacksonguitarsonsale.com/New-Jackson-Usa-Randy-Rhoads-Rr1-In-Black-On-Sale_3287.html

What do you think of this? o.O
I dont think it is real, seems extremely cheap for what it is...

Right now im between RR3, an ibanez S or the LTD

I would stay far away from that. Site looks sketch, price is too low to be true.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X