My amp started popping sometimes while being played much like some amps do when you turn them on. It would happen randomly, then I'd turn it off, let is sit for a few minutes then play it again and it'd be gone for days. Then it started to whistle like air was being let out of something. Today it popped again after it whistled and one of the power amp tubes bottom portion(where the other tubes don't glow) was glowing. I immediately turned my amp of thinking I had read of something similar, feeling the backplate of the amp which was metal that portion of the amp was warm as where by the other 3 power amp tubes was not.

Do I have a bad tube or some other problem.
Is this your Pittbull?

Amps get hot.

Was the tube super bright?

How old are the tubes?

First get some contact cleaner like Dioxit. Spray a bit on the tube pins and work the tube in and out to lubricate/clean the socket.

Try swapping the power tubes around. Typically the two inner pair work together and the two outer ones. So, if this is one of the outer ones, try swapping it with its pair. Make sure all the tubes are seated real good. Watch your tubes closely while you play. If anything lights up real bright then shut if off.

Also, get a few new preamp tubes and 'tube roll' those. I suggest 12AX7s by JJ. NOS tubes are cool too.
What 311 said.
You should always have spare tubes - a full set of power tubes and at least one preamp tube. When you are are sus on a tube you try your spares and then you know for sure - you just have to be methodical.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, it's the Fryette, I'll look into some tubes, JJ is the one that doesn't out source their components?

I'll do some research and mess with it. The tubes all are orange, the tube I was having an issue with just had a larger area that was orange. They aren't 'red plating' as I think it was called where it's blue or any other hotter color. I think the tubes are about a year old, it was bought with new tubes in January 2011, and I didn't play it until Jan 2012, so the tubes are 'a year old' but have 3 months played time on them at 10 hours a week.

But thank you very much.
JJ make their own tubes, yes. If it isn't a combo try a JJ ECC803. That's the low noise one and it is a little brighter than the ECC83S. It still has the body of an ECC83S but not quite so dark.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification