Hi im looking to get my first tube amp in the near future but im not sure what to get. I play mostly metal (Megadeth, Metallica, Dream Theater, Maiden) and am looking for something that is good for both heavy riffs as well as soloing. My budget is anything between 5 and 800 CDN.

Current Gear

Ibanez S570DXQM

Bridge: DiMarzio Crunch Lab

Neck: DiMarzio liquifire

Amp: Peavey vypyr 15w

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Will you be gigging or playing with other people with it?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If you can save up a little bit more, or find one used, the new Mesa Mini Recto head would be pretty cool.

A Blackstar 20 studio would do the trick, too, and you'd have some cash leftover for a nice boost/overdrive.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Definitely try to get a Mesa...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
If you ever want to play with a drummer you need a bit of power. 20W bare minimum if you don't need good cleans but personally I don't like having less than about a 50W tube amp if there is a drummer in the room with me.

The Traynor is a good suggestion. So would a Valve King as long as you replace the speaker (so budget that in). Egnater Tweaker or a Rebel would be worth a look at too as would Jet City.
Upgrading to a 60W Vyper Tube would be a viable option too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Used DSL? No idea how rare/expensive they are in Canada. Over here you could easily find a DSL401 for $5-600. They don't sound nearly as good as the heads though, IMO.

You could get a Peavey Windsor, if you don't need cleans. I suspect you do though.

It's pretty much impossible to go wrong with a Peavey JSX. The combos are fairly rare though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i really appreciate it. I think il either go for a mini mesa, Blackstar 20 studio or a Peavey 6505 + 1X12 Combo. Again thank you for all the advice