I was playing the lead channel on the valve king 100 head and it just got really quiet all of a sudden. It still works technically but you can barely hear it and its crackling and stuff. But I doubt its a blown tube because the amp is barely 2 weeks old. Any ideas? This is my first tube amp so I'm new to this stuff. And the clean channel still works so its not the cab or anything
Sounds like a tube. Don't think it can't be a tube, because it's only two weeks old. I've had brand new amps die or develop problems within days from the store.

Barely being able to hear a channel and crackling are classic symptoms of a bad tube. Pull out the bad tube and replace it. Hopefully you have spares. Contact Peavey and let them know. They should send you a replacement.
Tubes can go out unexpectedly. Try swapping some around to see if one is bad or even a visual inspection could tell you if one is bad.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by KG6_Steven
Sounds like a tube. Don't think it can't be a tube, because it's only two weeks old. I've had brand new amps die or develop problems within days from the store.

Barely being able to hear a channel and crackling are classic symptoms of a bad tube. Pull out the bad tube and replace it. Hopefully you have spares. Contact Peavey and let them know. They should send you a replacement.

How could I check to see if it is a tube or which tube it is?
its probably a tube. especially if its the lead channel and not the other, its likely a pre-amp tube.

take it back to the shop you got it at. peavey warranties tubes for 90 days to the original owner.
Quote by krehzeekid
its probably a tube. especially if its the lead channel and not the other, its likely a pre-amp tube.

take it back to the shop you got it at. peavey warranties tubes for 90 days to the original owner.

So would the shop give me a tube or would I have to wait for peavey to ship it to me?
I had a similar thing happen with my vk 112 combo. changed out all the tubes and nothing happened, eventually i just had to take it in to a repair shop. They never really specifically said what the problem was, pretty sure they just replaced the entire chassis.
Your choice here:
I swapped the pre amp tubes around and now the clean channel has like a thundering noise and the lead doesn't work at all, so a new pre amp tube would fix the problem right?
Quote by nickguz
I swapped the pre amp tubes around and now the clean channel has like a thundering noise and the lead doesn't work at all, so a new pre amp tube would fix the problem right?

yes. bring the amp into the shop where you bought it and they'll install a new tube (and check the others), and, if the amp is as new as you say it is (and you have proof of purchase), it'll be free. it's not unusual for the odd tube to have a flaw right from the factory (particularly with the JJ's peavey uses- they work, but they are budget tubes)

peavey is one of the better companies when it comes to warranty work, so any claim work will be quick for the shop. any good shop should have new tubes in stock, so you won't be without your amp more than a day or 2.