I am interested in blues but there are many ways to play it.... Am I right?

I have seemed to come across tons of info and my head is spinning. My specic question is this: playing the blues, do you typically play with Barre Chords (as in dom 7's, others?), open chords (e7, a7, etc?), other stuff?

I would appreciate any help. For the record, I am learning Blues Minor scale (yes and notes too) and love to play a lick or two for "fun time" part of guitar practice, often going back to minor blues scale to study connection.

I am confident in beginner open chords but find I am loving blues style playing and sound.

I guess, my question is, what chords for blues will help most to focus on, there is a lot of info and my head is swimming.

Please dont say practice more or find a teacher.
Quote by Killsocket
Please dont say practice more or find a teacher.

Well both of these things will help you alot.... you're pretty much saying "don't want alot of help just the right answer".

sorry to tell you but I'm not just going to give you the right answer, instead I'm going to tell you to go learn a bunch of blues songs and pay attention to the types of chords they are using. keep practicing the scales and it will come.

I will give you one hint, barre chords typically sound better for blues than open chords.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by krypticguitar87
Well both of these things will help you alot.... you're pretty much saying "don't want alot of help just the right answer".

sorry to tell you but I'm not just going to give you the right answer, instead I'm going to tell you to go learn a bunch of blues songs and pay attention to the types of chords they are using. keep practicing the scales and it will come.

I will give you one hint, barre chords typically sound better for blues than open chords.

This helps. I meant don't say practice more with no additional info, I will gladly accept practice more with some hints like you gave me. Thanks.
I am kind of looking about trying to focus practice on something. Some directive. As in like what should I try to get real good at first regarding chords, blues style.
Thanks.
just keep practicing both barre chords and open chords, they will both come in handy.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.