I have an RR24 and it has a floyd rose.

Whenever I do bend on one string and hold another string stationary at the same time, to get that raunchy kind of sound, the stationary string goes out of tune.

Is there any way to prevent that from happening?

I understand what is happening with the bridge and that I can just bend the other string up a bit to get to the right pitch. Its hard as hell to get it right though. I hate the floyd rose because of that.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to fight that? I was thinking maybe if I lighten my high string gauges a bit it wouldn't have as much of an effect cause the low strings will be able to keep it in place without as much force coming from the high strings. I'd rather not because I don't them any looser.

I'm in drop C .11, .15, .19, .30, .42, .56 are my gauges
something you have to live with. You could lay down $50 and buy a tremel-no, was a great investment for me. switch between hardtail and floating fairly easy.
You can't fight physics, bruh.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i am not going to save live with it (essentially you do however) but more adapt to it.

i don't know what all you have for guitars, but i would never own a floyd guitar without a hardtail/tom/non trem. tremolos have their use, but there is just as much use for a hardtail. just different.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You can block the bridge & tighten the springs so the bridge won't pull up as much when doing bends. This will take you from a full floating tremolo to a dive-bomb only set up. I've used this before but I've ended up installing Hipshot tremsetters so I can still be full floating. Tremsetters do let you stay full floating but you still get a bit of that flatting of other notes as you bend that you're talking about.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Just don’t play another note while you bend on a floating trem. Problem solved.
Assuming you want to keep the bridge free floating, you will just have to learn to bend the second string slightly. Increasing tension on one string by bending will inevitably loosen the others slightly.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by jpnyc
Just don’t play another note while you bend on a floating trem. Problem solved.

I never thought about that...

Thanks guys, I'll learn to deal with it then.
You have to hold the trem in place while you do it so it doesn't move and go out of tune.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'