Well here it is, I have taken it upon myself to discuss and explain everything I can about what South Park is, was, and may be in the future. Over the past 15 and a half seasons of television, one musical feature length film, and a number of entertaining (although rather poorly crafted) video games, the evolution of the show is undeniable. The series began with a vulgar and, lets face it, utterly pointless episode in which the cynical, fat, egotistical, racist and insane Eric Cartman has an alien device inserted firmly into his anus. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of this device in his butt-hole; this is ****ing hilarious to me. The episode starts nowhere, goes nowhere. Nothing is learned, nothing is gained, and for the beginning of South Park that WAS the point.
South Park handled some serious real world issues such as the fear of a gigantic robotic Barbara Streisand terrorizing the town, a boxing match between the homosexual Satan and the scrawny pussy Jesus Christ son’a God. Seriously, if you can’t laugh at that then you are closer akin to Stan in season 15’s “You’re Getting Old”. A pessimistic Stan sees everything as shit, the friendship between our heroes Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman unravels and the very existence of the series was questioned by fans everywhere. So… two paragraphs into this free write spew of ideas and thoughts about my personal favorite show I have come to realize that the show changing, evolving, progressing, and devolving all at the same time. So… what… is South Park exactly? Let us analyze the show from a variety of angels.
Characterization. No **** that shit, I don’t wanna go into it, you know the god damn characters. Kyle is a Jew, a clever caring young child who grows up in an insane town where ****ing everything that can go wrong most likely well. Stan is a bright boy, seemingly the main character of the series (if one really can be pointed out), he learns something and tries to do good for everybody. Cartman is a fat ****ing asshole piece of shit, and for that the whole world (real world not South park universe) loves him. Eric Theodore Cartman killed Scott Tenormans’s parents, and in season 14 “2oo” and “201” it is revealed that he also murdered his own father because he was half brothers with Scott Tenorman. Holy. ****ing. Shit. That is bamf. “200” and “201” brought back numerous “inside jokes” from the South park series, referenced everything about the show from the very fist episode all the way up through to the 199th episode. It was hilarious, and it got banned because of over sensitive people can’t take a joke. I’m go ahead and quote Immortal Technique here, “if you can take a ****ing dick, you can take a joke” an the amount of times I’ve thought a hearty “**** you” about these people, ya’ think they’d be able to take a joke. “Oh shit dude” (quote Kyle from “Towlie” (one of my personal favorite episodes. Yay weed, and yay video games. (I also firmly believe in towl safety, never know when you’ll need one))) I totally got side tracked and I haven’t talked about Kenny yet. Kenny is a fantastic character, not only because within the first 5 seasons of the show he is murdered endlessly by Matt and Trey (in an interview they once said that when “you bastards” is yelled out, it is referring to them the creators of the show for continuously killing off Kyle and Stan’s friend Kenny), but mostly because he is just a great character. At times willing to join Cartman in devious, ****ed up plans to get rich, kill hippies or whatever the **** he feels like doing (he’s like Bam Margera in Viva La Bam’s intro), at other times he is caring and willing to help. Also, Kenny is more mature than the other boys (lawl not) in that he knows about sexuality, reproduction, dildos, and other just vile random shit and explains it to the boys. Don’t worry parents, whenever he speaks it is nearly impossible to understand through his parka (which in the episode in that Jimmy is introduced to the show via boy scouts it is hinted at that the orange parka is the cause of his numerous deaths, which themselves are simply a running gag until “Mysterion Rises in season 14 (15?)). Kenny I a great character, however in season 6 where he is dead the whole season (until he randomly shows up at the end of the season finale (“Red Sleigh Down&rdquo) and the rest of our favorite 8 year olds search for a fourth friend to fill the void. Tweak fills the void for awhile, so does Jimmy, (Timmy I think does for a little, or maybe he is kicked out of the Bachelor style friend finding process, I don’t remember). Tweak is a hilarious character, “The Underpants Gnomes” is an amazing episode which I personally quote quite often (step 1, collect underpants, step 2….. step 3, profit!). Ok Oberious (like the nickname Oberious? It’s my musical project name ☺ , stop. I feel like I haven’t really covered that much ground in this free thought essay, mostly just ranted on about what I like about South Park. But then again, isn’t that the point of the show? **** isn’t that the point of ALL television shows? To like them? To watch them, to make the actors and tv companies big money so they can have corporate penthouses and nice ****ing cars and bang super models and shit?
Well Matt and Trey were not like that. Still aren’t. Cannibal the Musical! was a project they did whilst still in college at the University of Boulder as a class project and turned it into a movie because IT WAS. HILARIOUS. Music was ****ing great too, very catchy and fun. BUT BESIDE THE POINT (also check out Orgazmo and BASEketball). Anyway as I was saying, from watching interviews, them being on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart maybe twice (maybe three times I’m not sure) they are nice genuine guys who were not looking to become filthy god damn rich. They were just funny dudes with a vulgar sense of humor, a dream, and a shit load of natural talent and random knowledge of shit to reference and joke about. The documentary which recently came out on the making of South Park (“6 days to air” or something like that) they mention going to some awards show on acid whilst wearing dresses mostly because they could. And that is the spirit of South Park in the beginning. BECAUSE THEY COULD. Because it was funny, it was true and worth watching. Back in the day the new episode of South park was usually controversial, hell in my freshman year of high school (uh…. 2006? 2007? **** I dunno) it was STILL the big thing to talk about the following day. I distinctly remember sitting down at lunch one day discussing Lice-capades (the ONLY episode of South Park I find unentertaining and obnoxious). Now, don’t get me wrong. The boys part of the story where the whole class had lice and they were testing their blood and all was hilarious. But the main lice character (Gary? I don’t remember) had the most ****ing annoying voice I’ve ever heard. I couldn’t listen to it because it just ****in’ irked me so much. But that’s ok, because even while the episode annoyed me, it was still hilarious and worth talking about for an hour over lunch.
For a while that disappeared. South Park faded away, it was no longer that vulgar show that was always talked about, it was South Park. Nobody got offended by it or found it controversial anymore, it was just South Park. People realized that no matter what, South Park was a ****ed up place where ****ed up shit happened, and it was gonna air pretty much whatever it wanted too, until recently. Within the past year or two I have found that I must be in front of my tv stoned as **** every Wednesday night at 10 to see the epic new episodes. Be it the amazing trilogy of Imaginationland (which was discussed endlessly by myself and my friends when it aired), to the hilarious recent “Ass Burgers” and the one with the toilet safety agency and all that. South park has slowly regained its edge, being something to talk about and laugh about, to get (dare I say it) slightly offended by it from time to time. God ****ing bless South Park. The edgiest and most entertaining tv show I’ve ever watch, but wait…theres a message in it? Did… did I learn something today?
(End part one) ((stupid text limit))
PART TWO OF ESSAY:

“ya’ know guys, I learned something today” says Kyle, Cartman, Stan, and I think Kenny even lived once to give a sentimental speech. Episodes like “two days before the day after tomorrow” have memorable speeches from the boys, dictating how after 20 minutes of ****ed up vulgarity, violence, insanity and pretty much anything and everything else, something was learned. The boys learn about not over using swear words (hahaha… shit….), the dangers of big corporations (Walmart is the most ****ing evil corporation on the planet, and I’m not just saying that because that episode made me laugh till I peed, **** Walmart. I’d rather sell drugs than work for Walmart. Which is good because I wouldn’t pass the drug test required to work at Walmart, and I think selling weed without smoking it is actually illegal, but I digress), the importance of reading (hahahahhaa Chickenlover is a god damn funny episode), and countless other life lessons. And the best part of these life lessons, is they don’t just apply to the characters and plot of the show, these are things that real people should learn. I’ve meet 30 year olds who can learn a thing or two about life from reading South Park. Dude, like 8 words ago I said “South Park” but I forgot to capitalize it (proper noun mother****er) and Microsoft word green underlined it and said it should be “South Park” (capitalized). Dude. Aweomse. Microsoft Word, the god of all essay writing programs tells me to capitalize the name of this amazing show and why? Because it has become a world known series that has impacted television, theater, (and thanks to the success of the show making Matt and Try famous) broadway as well with the success of “The Book of Mormon”.
I am 20 years old. A musician. A stoner. An all around nice guy, always willing to lend a hand, always trying to make a joke to help people crack a smile. And ya’ know what, I may be obsessed with South Park. Seen every episode AT LEAST five times (Cartman Joins NAMBLA, Sexual Harassment Panda, Scott Tenorman Must Die, Towlie, Chickenlover, Cow Days, and at least 20 others I’d call my tied for first favorites probably like 100 times), can and will drop quotes from it in every day conversation with anyone and everybody, quote it in presentations in class, hell as a guitarist and musician I idolize the songwriting abilities of our Gods (Matt and Trey). So I guess this free form random order of thought essay should come to a close soon (not sure if that’s gonna’ happen, we’ll see where my brain goes), but what have we learned from it? Honestly, probably nothing. We have all known that South Park was a hilarious, obscene, real (real as in it deals with real world issues, even shit the ****ing news programs don’t express/ deal with), and one of a kind television show. So here it is, the big ass conclusion, the summation, ya’ ready? Tell ya what, I’ma stall for a second, you guys take another bong rip (omfg side story, at my school we have a gravity bong made out of road cone we stole, that shit is amazing holy ****ing shit), pop in the next disc of whatever South Park season you SHOULD have on in the background as you troll the internet, and then at full mental capacity (hahahah lawl) you can read this excellent epic conclusion……………….. doooooo…… doo dooo…. OK here we go. SO. Here it is, what the **** is South Park? It is an evolving show, every episode (for the past maybe 5, 6 or 7 years, (maybe more idk)) has been written in 6 days. REPEAT. SIX. DAYS. Recently the show has spoofed and satired (don’t ****ing tell me “satired” isn’t a word, ****ing bullshit I’ma use it) events that are happening in recent news. Things that are bothering and intriguing the general public, but it hasn’t lost the edge and ridiculousness of “Mecha Barbara Streisand” or “The Mexican Starring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka” (episodes seemingly about nothing at all relevant to anything, yet hilarious, edgy, witty, and downright fantastic). It has evolved into a very “pointful” show with a message (not always, but usually somebody learns something in the process of destroying the “quiet, redneck, mountain town&rdquo from a show seemingly vulgar for the sake of vulgarity and shock factor. Like the experimental music of John Cage, John Zorn, Mike Patton and (shameless plug) myself (nothing released (lawl, yet)) it had “humble” beginnings as a drastic new thought that society would love, resent, desire, fight off, and eventually hail as art, South Park has been South Park for the good of it being South Park. It has changed the course of society, television, movies, musical, satires, spoofs, **** man, South Park has done a lot in 15 and a half(ish) seasons. From most recent reports I know that Matt and Trey are contractually obligated to write and air seasons 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20, and I know for a fact that every Wednesday night at 10 O’clock (assuming no time changes, although there is nearly bound to be one) I will be watching South Park, quoting it, discussing it, and loving every second of it’s existence.
I wonder if anybody actually read this whole thing…. Psh doubtful. Well I mostly wrote this for myself, but I’m gonna post it up on the internet now. YAY INTERNET.

Oberious, out.
Look guys, it's the great wall of text!
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I love south park, but seriously, tl;dr. It's awesome that you like it too, but sometimes there is not much more to be said than what south park has already put on video over the last decade and a half
Last words of my post " wonder if anybody actually read this whole thing…. Psh doubtful. Well I mostly wrote this for myself, but I’m gonna post it up on the internet now. YAY INTERNET."
(oh and sorry for not paragraphing my free write, idk, it's a gurd durn free write)

The Pit never fails to be intensely useless, thanks guys <3
Quote by northdeathstyle
Last words of my post " wonder if anybody actually read this whole thing…. Psh doubtful. Well I mostly wrote this for myself, but I’m gonna post it up on the internet now. YAY INTERNET."
(oh and sorry for not paragraphing my free write, idk, it's a gurd durn free write)

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Calling it 'free' does not excuse you from using some gurd durn line breaks.
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Quote by northdeathstyle

Hey, you're the one with an essay on South Park. Analyzing it from different angels no less.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by northdeathstyle

Maybe if it WAS READABLE, maybe someone would have read it.
Looks like a text based version of "Where's Waldo?"

http://www.austincc.edu/history/inres10a4style.html
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/927399-How-To-Write-A-Good-Paragraph
http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/students/fwalters/para.html
http://languagearts.pppst.com/paragraphs.html
http://www.tameri.com/write/paragraphs.html
http://www.whitesmoke.com/how-to-write-a-paragraph
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 9, 2012,
Quote by northdeathstyle
"Let us analyze the show from a variety of angels."

I really tried to read it man, but I stopped right there.
Quote by soulflyV
I didn't read it but which ones did he analyze it from? Gabriel? Micheal? Raphael?

URIEL?

WAS IT URIEL?

language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by northdeathstyle
The series began with a vulgar and, lets face it, utterly pointless episode in which the cynical, fat, egotistical, racist and insane Eric Cartman has an alien device inserted firmly into his anus.

Seriously? I laugh my ass off when he farts fire

Btw... OH MY GOD, YOU KILLED GRAMMAR!

YOU BASTARD!
Yeah I ain't reading that. Southpark is just another cog in the media machine, you need something to take the piss out of everything which is what southpark does, but in reality it's just as stupid as everything else on TV. Every positivite has a negative

However I do reallllllllllly like Southpark.
Quote by Jon777

dangit i was going to find that and post it.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
You should pay me for reading it all. Bring me the road cone bong.
It's gonna be a blue day
"You should pay me for reading it all. Bring me the road cone bong."
Hey man, come to my shit college in middle of nowhere PA and you can have her.
If you're going to write that much, at least have enough decency to make it easier on your readers.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Yeah, even from a stoned fanboy point of view, it's not an essay. It's just him rambling about random moments and saying "I think they have a point" or "that's funny" here and there. Oh well.