Something like that, they'll all nail the hair metal tone pretty good
Quote by ticktockboom
Budget? Location? etc.

otherwise i'd say something like a
JCM800 2203
JCA100H
Soldano SLO

Something like that, they'll all nail the hair metal tone pretty good

I can nail that sort of tone with a 6505+ + greenbacks + low output pickups...
Quote by GuitarzMyThing
My budget is about 3 Grand. I live in Canada. But I will drive anywhere or order anywhere.

Just gem the Marshall JCM800, did a quick search and im pretty sure its what that band uses anyways
Quote by ticktockboom

JCM800 2203
JCA100H
Soldano SLO

I heard all of them and I like the Soldano SLO so far the most... But ill research the Marshall more
Quote by GuitarzMyThing
I think Im going to go with the Soldano SLO.... The ****ing thing goes to 11 after all

Just know they are expensive as all hell, Soldano does make a few other amps that sound pretty close at a lower price as well.
If you're a real 90's hair metal fan, a Marshall JCM800 2203, right stated above, could be the amplifier what you're after. Soldano makes great amplifiers and all, but that thing could be too versatile for your liking. However, if you like EVH's tone, you could get a EVH 5150 II or Peavey 5150/6505. If you like Vai's tone, you could get Carvin Legacy or X100B, which is an amazing amplifier for the price. I'd still say that the Marshall is your best bet. Any hot-rod Marshall would do great, maybe even the RR signature.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Apr 9, 2012,
The vast majority of 80's hair metal bands used jcm800's, even back then SLO's were fairly rare and expensive as hell. You might want to run an ibanez tubescreamer into one aswell to boost your leads, an original 80s one if you can.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
An SLO would be perfect, but just know that like any amp for that sort of music, they have to be loud. If you can't play loud, you'd be better off getting something like an Axe FX.

You should try to get one used, so you can get the cab too. Don't cheap out on the cab, it's important.

If you want to save some money, the Jet City JCA100 will also get you there.

Something by Splawn might also be worth looking into. Maybe someone can elaborate more on that.

Note that studio tone is pretty much impossible to replicate live. You'll always be just a few ticks short.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeha anything based on a hot rodded jcm800 or a soldano slo or similar should work for that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?