Page 1 of 3
Hey guys I'm something of a gear nut, and I don't post very often or play with other musicians a whole lot(locally we seem to have nothing but generic scene kid hardcore bands that think 30 watt Spider IIIs are gig worthy) so I was curious what you all have in your rigs. I don't post too often so I'm sorry if this has been done before. Formatting might be helpful so... I'll see if I can come up with one that isn't crap. If you don't feel like sticking to the format then just do whatever you want to. And try to stick with the gear you use for your metal playing. If you play all of your metal with a hollow body through a Roland Jazz Chorus with a Digitech distortion pedal all the power to you.

Primary Genre: (subgenres are fine, if you're symphonic groove black metal then that's what you are).

Guitar: (brand, model, pickups, you know the drill)

Rig: Amps, cabs, pedals, and whatever else you use. Can't shred without a garden gnome on top of your stack? Let us know!

Desired Rig: What changes would you make to your current setup? Got a piece of gear you're dying to get but can't for whatever reason?

I'll start -

Primary Genre: Melodic Death Metal(Sort of like a smoother At the Gates type of sound mixed with post rock style leads)

Guitar: Schecter ATX Blackjack C-7, Seymour Duncan Blackouts, tuned BEADGbe

Rig: 1. 6505+ head on a Marshall JCM900 4x12 with a Ibanez TS9DX in front and an MXR 10 Band EQ in the effects loop; 2. Line 6 DT50 2x12 with a Pod HD500 in front.

Desired Rig: I'd like an a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab in place of my Marshall cabinet because I prefer the sound of V30 speakers but no one around here has the money to buy it at a decent price(it's in good condition, made in the 90s in England, and the only local music store offered $200 for it) and I don't have the space for both cabinets in my studio area.

It'd also be cool to have a really high end head like an Engl.

So how about you guys?
Primary Genre: Metal (can't really classify it, as I steal from a little bit of everything)

Guitar(s): Washburn RX22 with Seymour Duncan Jazz and Dimebucker in neck and bridge respectively; stock Ibanez ARC300. Washburn is drop-C#/standard down half step, Ibanez is drop-D/standard

Rig: Randall RG75 G3 Plus amplifier 75 watt combo with a Boss TU-3, CE-5, DD-7 and AC-3, and a Dunlop ZW45 wah pedal out front, all housed in a Boss compact pedalboard set up.

Desired rig: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head into a Mesa 4x12 cab with all my previous pedals and maybe an overdrive of some sort for leads.
Primary Genre: I primarily write metal. I guess you could call it progressive or groovy or whatever but I just call it metal (sort of an August Burns Red kind of sound mixed with a Veil of Maya type thing if I had to make comparisons).

Guitar: 1. Ibanez S2170FB Prestige in Drop C tuning (putting a D Activator in the bridge when I get the time). 2. Ibanez RG2EX1 in Drop D/E standard.

Rig: 1997 Peavey 5150 2x12 combo with an Ibanez TS9 in the front along with an ISP Decimator. I primarily use Monster cables sheerly because I like the way the jacks are one piece (just a preference thing) and use Dunlop Tortext picks preferably.

Desired Rig: As of now, I have no real desires for my rig but if I could nitpick I'd get an EQ pedal and a Korg PitchBlack for tuning up front and maybe a chorus or something to get a decent clean tone out of it but the cleans are much better than I expected from it, especially after tweaking and playing the 6505 heads which have much harsher cleans. A Mesa rectifier 2x12 cabinet loaded with V30's would be great under my 5150 just to get those different tones out of it.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Primary Gear: Metalcore/Deathcore (The heavy shit)

Guitars: 1. Jackson RR24, EMG 81, Ebony Fret, ORIGINAL Floyd, Drop B
2. Agile Septor Elite 727 (7 String), Seymore Duncan Blackouts, Ebony Fret, 27' Scale, tunned to drop A.

Rig: Randall RG100SC, Randall RF4G3, Boss NS-2, Planet Waves Cables, Boss TU-3, Dunlop Jazz III

Desired Rig: Peavey 6505+ head, Vader 4x12 Carnage Cab, Maxon OD808 or Ibanez TS9 (Not sure wich one is better), Axe FX II (For Cleans and for crazzy FX, The cleans on the peavey are a little blehh)
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
Primary Genre: some metalcore and stuff like that. i'm heavily influenced by Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and Escape the Fate. not really metal but i also play a lot of hard rock

Guitar: Drop C - Ibanez RG-160b stock. soon i'll be getting a Ibanez ART-100
Drop C#/Eb Epi les paul studio or my Gibson Les Paul Firebrand all stock
if i'm feeling adventurous i'll play in Drop A or Drop G on my 7 string an Ibanez RG-7321

Rig: I just recently got a Jet City JCA-20H which is a HUGE upgrade from my Marshall MG30. i have the matching 2x12 with the Jet City and i will be getting a Kustom KG210 for my cleans for my band. pedals? i just have some basic distortions, a crybaby, tuner, noise gate and i'll be getting a tubescreamer, small clone chorus and a behringer 7 band EQ soon.

Desired Rig: i would love either a Jet City JCA-100H or a Peavey 6505 head with a 4x12 and a Roland Jazz Chorus and a new and more organized pedalboard.
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
I play progressive groove metal. I'm not really sure who influences me, because the music I write doesn't have any familiar traits of any band I listen to. If I had to guess my biggest influences, I guess I'd say Mark Morton from Lamb of God, and Per Eriksson from Bloodbath.

My rig is simply my H-301 (Drop C, BKP & Gibson pickups) into my Vypyr Tube half stack with my Sanpera II. Live Wire cables. Aww yeah. Simple as hell, versatility for days, and powerful tone.

EDIT: In all of it's cell phone quality, shitty lighting goodness:

I used to have a 5150 with a bunch of pedals, but that got old really fast. I love the Vypyr to death because everything is built in, right there. My entire rig is just 3 pieces of gear.

I can understand a simple rig if you have one or two distinct sounds, but with the music I write, I actually do use a heavy distorted tone, a crunch tone, and two different clean tones in my songs. Not to mention some cool FX here and there. Given how much money I have, the Vypyr Tube is the best amp out there for me.

I research a little bit every day, trying to find out what's next for me. Every thing out there always falls short some how, and I don't want an Axe FX simply because I hate the idea/look of a rack setup. My next move will most likely be a Marshall DSL w/ a POD HD500, or nothing at all until I somehow have enough money for a Road King. That's my dream amp, but it's expensive as nobodies business.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 11, 2012,
Hahaha I think everyone wants a Rectifier, Dash

My turn!

Primary Genre: Melodic Death Metal(Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth) and Industrial Cyber Metal(like Sybreed)

Guitars: Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR with Seymour Duncan Blackouts tuned to C# standard

Schecter Sunset Custom FR Prototype with Duncan Designed Active HB-105 tuned to Drop B flat tuning

Epiphone 7 String Flying V with a Seymour Duncan JB Lead in the bridge tuned to B standard

Rig: Peavey 6505 with a BOSS TU-2 going to a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah and out to Peavey 6505 Amp Head then out to a Marshall 1960a Cab

Desired Rig: I would really love a Rectifier like how Dash said but budget wise, I would love to have my guitar>Ibanez Tube Screamer>Dunlop Cry Baby>Peavey 6505>Send>Boss Digital Delay>Boss Reverb>Return>Marshall 1960a

That or an ENGL Powerball!
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Last edited by xlRainlx at Apr 9, 2012,
primary genre: i mostly write metal music its a cross breed of killswitch engage and coheed and cambria. i just call it metal though.

guitars: epiphone 58 explorer with seymore duncan jb/59 setup standard tuning, ibanez rg7320z seven string stock pups and tuned down 1/2 step, fender tele (nothing special), prs se custom w/ emg 81/85 floats between standard and drop c# depending on song, hondo ii professional les paul dimarrzio pups and standard tuning.

rig: crate blue voodoo 120h ( currently set up as a 60 watter with 2 power tubes removed) b52at412, boss gt10 that is being run in the 4 cable method to split the signal to the fx loop and the front of the amp. i dont use the gt10 preamp just eq, boost, modulation and stuff like that. all the gain is from the amp. bbe sonic stomp, morley mark tremonti wah.

desired rig:

peavey 5150 2 run into a custom avatar cab in white with v30's in it, i think id keep the gt10 as well since i know how to make it do what i want.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Primary Genre: I guess you could call it progressive metal, but there's a lot of fusion involved and some electronic stuff too.

Guitar: Schecter Damien Elite 8. F#BEADGBE/EAEADGBE

Rig: Through Line6 Toneport GX into my Macbook, processed by Gearbox (POD Farm's predecessor - I just prefer the interface) and some stuff I did in Max/MSP, then out straight to monitors/desk. I also have a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller that I use to change patches and switch stuff in max.

Desired Rig: Pretty much how it is. I'd rather not take my laptop on stage, but I can't see a feasible solution to this at the moment. I'd like an Axe-FX but I need the Max/MSP stuff really anyway.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Apr 9, 2012,
Primary Genre: Symphonic Metal

Guitar: Primary a Schecter Demon 6 with duncan designed actives, but I also use a Jackson RR-3,
it too has duncan designed.

Current Rig: Currently using a Bugera 333 combo with a Line 6 Pod HD400 for most of my effects.

Desired Rig: I'd like to get a new amp, perhaps an Engl Invader together with an Engl E412 of some kind,
a couple of pedals, a delay and compressor for sure, then I'd pretty much be content. Though,
a multifx more like the Pod HD Pro, Pod HD500 or Axe FX wouldn't hurt to have instead of dozens of pedals.
Primary Genre:Hard rock-Classic Heavy Metal-Speed Metal

Guitar:Custom Made Bullseye Charvel Star with one Bare Knuckle VHII

Current Rig: Modded Bugera 6262 - Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks - Line6 g30 wireless

Desired Rig: nothing,I'm good.
Primary Genre: Punk/Hardcore (80's style)

Guitars:
Primary: Gibson SG Special II w/Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayem Set (SH-6 Matched set)
Backup: Epiphone SG (exactly the same as the Gibby, but has a downgraded neck) SH-6 in the bridge position and a stock pup in the neck position

Gig Rig:
Egnator Armageddon w/Mesa Recto 4x12 Slant Cab.

Backup Amp:
5150 (60w Combo converted to Head) w/Maxon OD808

Desired Rig: None.
Last edited by 667 at Apr 9, 2012,
Quote by 667
5150 (60w Combo converted to Head) w/Maxon OD808

Not trying to hijack the thread, but how easy was it to turn your 5150 combo into a head? I've got a 5150 combo myself and have always been curious
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
Not trying to hijack the thread, but how easy was it to turn your 5150 combo into a head? I've got a 5150 combo myself and have always been curious

It was very easy. PM me and I will send you instructions.
i play 70s-early 80s style metal (i guess what is called classic metal these days) stuff like early Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult and Rainbow (dio era) and some of the NWOBHM bands like Diamond Head and Angel Witch.

Main Guitar : late 80s Fender Stratocaster Plus Deluxe with Lace Sensor pickups (blue, silver, silver).

Amp : Peavey Valveking 112

FX : Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive

Morley Classic Wah

Lovepedal Gen 5 Delay

Deltalab Phaser

of course this is the same gear i use to play other styles as well.
Awesome, I managed to start a good thread

Quote by Ett-tusen
Primary Genre: Symphonic Metal

Guitar: Primary a Schecter Demon 6 with duncan designed actives, but I also use a Jackson RR-3,
it too has duncan designed.

Current Rig: Currently using a Bugera 333 combo with a Line 6 Pod HD400 for most of my effects.

Desired Rig: I'd like to get a new amp, perhaps an Engl Invader together with an Engl E412 of some kind,
a couple of pedals, a delay and compressor for sure, then I'd pretty much be content. Though,
a multifx more like the Pod HD Pro, Pod HD500 or Axe FX wouldn't hurt to have instead of dozens of pedals.

Depending on your budget and what you need to do with it, I'd probably recommend sticking with the Pod HDs over the Axe FX. If you have money to spare, sure go for the Axe FX, it's awesome and I wish I had one, but the HDs are much cheaper and can still hold their own among high end gear. You might be fine just sticking with your HD400 though. I can't remember off the top of my head what effects it doesn't have that the HD500 does, but it isn't many. If you do a lot of weird experimental stuff you may want to upgrade to the HD500 though because it can use twice as many effects at a time.
Primary Genre: Progressive metal with elements of djent and ambient

Guitar: LTD H51 and MH100QM, all stock

Rig: RP500, Peavey KB4, pug.

Desired Rig: Ibanez RG2228, ESP Horizon 7, Fractal Audio Axe Fx II, some sort of flat SS poweramp/powered FRFR speakers, Mesa Boogie Roadking II with regular Recto 412 for teh mojo.
Primary genre: Alternative Metal (I'm influenced by lots of styles and genres).

Guitar: LTD Viper-500

Rig: Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic head, 2x15 Fender Bassman cab (borrowed), Jim Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, MXR Carbon Copy.

Desired rig: My 2x12 + 2x15 custom made cabinets loaded with Weber speakers, Charvel San Dimas Style 1 or a super-modified Fender Stratocaster.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Genre: Metal. (amon amarth, Pantera, other stuff)

Guitar: Schecter Damien fr (this guitar blows mad hard )

Rig: Peavey 5150 combo. Nice and Simple. Peavey vypyr W/Sanpera if I'm feeling frisky.

Desired Rig:Amfisound Routa Kelo, and either a Mark V or Recto.
Genre: technical metal-core and post-metal

Guitars: Maverick F-1 w/ Floyd Rose. Duncan Distortion in the bridge CGCFAD
Epiphone Les Paul (stock) EADGBE/DADGBE
Samick Flying V BF#BEG#C#

Rig: Marshall JVM410H to a Trace Elliot 4x10 bass cab
Marshall JCM800 2x12 combo
Boss TU2-> Morley Power Wah/ Volume-> Boss OC2-> Boss DS1-> Wee Fuzz-> EHX Micro Synth-> Boss NS2-> ABY Foot switch to amps. JVM effects loop: Boss PH3-> Ibanez CF7-> Boss CH1-> Boss DD20.

I want: lots more pedulz. MXR Dynacomp, Carbon Copy and Phase 90. EHX Little Big Muff. Ibanez Airplane flanger. Digitech Whammy. Boss EQ20 BD2 RV5 TR2 PS5 and some expression and foot pedals. Ernie Ball VP Junior. And some hand built pedals.

I want some bare knuckle miracle mans for both the V and les Paul. And I really really REALLY want an 8 string
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Primary Genre: Sludge/Doom

Guitars: Suhr Modern 7, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Suhr Classic T

Rig: CEC Brigand, Diezel Hagen, Diezel 412 and an assload of pedals.

Desired rig: Dumping the Hagen and 412. Wanna get a pair of Port City 212s instead.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Primary Genre: Heavy, Rock, Metal, Sludge, Doom

Guitar: Agile AL-3100 w/ BKP Aftermath bridge PU

Current Rig: Axe FX Standard -> Engl e530 -> Mesa 2:90 - > Mesa OS 4x12

Desired Rig: Pretty happy w/ my sound.. Maybe a few more heads to play with.
1. Axe FX II - > FRFR setup
2. Another Mark IV
3. ENGL SE 6l6
4. 5150
5. A flavor of orange
6. Choose whichever to play???
/rig
Primary Genre: Metal stuff like Amon Amarth, Assjack, Blood Stain Child, Deluhi, Iron Maiden, Metallica

Guitar: LTD Random Star, LTD F-50, Gibson Les Paul Standard

Rig: Peavey 6505 combo, Steve Vai wah, Boss Tuner and Flanger, and hopefully by the end of this week a Hughs and Kettner Tubemeister.

Desired Rig: ESP Crying Star Rebel ESP Custom Shop seven string, ESP MX220, ESP Cygnus Hughs and Ketter Switchblade, Marshall JCM 800 and probably an overdrive pedal or something
Genre: Hair/NWOBHM/Classic/Death Metal

Guitar: Kramer Striker (with Super Distortion) and Rhoads (EMG 60/81)

Rig: Crybaby, Baddass '78, Deltalab OD, ISP Decimator, H20 Chorus and Delay into a Valveking

Desired: Explorer with EMG 81/85, new neck for the Rhoads, a JCM800, and a better cab.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Apr 9, 2012,
Gibson lp with xn2 in bridge.
Boss super octave> dano transparent od v1, jekyll and hyde v1 (the red one), pro co turbo rat, voodoo lab micro vibe, bbe two timer, bbe sonic stomp, isp decimator.
ampeg v50 with randall 2x12.
Believe it or not It gets stupid brutal.

Upgrades I plan on getting a dyna comp, tc electronics trinity reverb for those weird stoner moments, voodoo lab trem, pharroh black fuzz or voodoo lab super fuzz because I like playing stoner/doom metal as well, a mxr ten band because I'm not sodomizing the front of my amp hard enough, maybe a tc electronics alter ego digital delay as well. And eventually a second ampeg v 50 because the aural spankings must be dished out in stereo.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Apr 9, 2012,
Genre: Groove/Speed/Thrash/NWOBHM/Shred/Metalcore/anything to get the heads bangin'

Guitars: Ibanez Universe UV777 (Drop A), Jackson Kelly KE3 (C-standard, JB/Jazz pickups), Carvin TL60 (Classic metal on single coils FTW!), and once I get it fixed, an Ibanez RG270 w/Crunch Lab & Liquifire.

Rig: Mogami/Monster cables, True Bypass Looper, Loop 1 to Crybaby 535q, Loop 2 to Blues Driver, Musket Fuzz, Keeley-modded TS9, and MXR Micro Amp, Boss DD20 Delay, Super Chorus, and ISP Decimator in FX loop, powered by a DC Brick; Amps: Splawn Quick Rod, Mesa Stiletto Ace, and Peavey Ultra+, all with a mix of vintage preamp tubes, on top of a Carvin Legacy 4x12 w/v30s, a Mesa 1x12 w/v30, or a Peavey 1x12 w/Celestion G12T100.

Desired Rig: Another 7-string, maybe a Carvin, J-Custom Ibanez, or some other high-end brand like Caparison or Suhr; Soldano SLO100, Mesa Road King II, and modifications to my Ultra and/or Stiletto; another True Bypass Looper, Fulltone OCD, Paul C Timmy OD, MXR/CAE power supply, MXR 10-band EQ; Splawn 2x12 w/Small Blocks, and a pair of either G12T75s or 16-ohm G12K100s for the Legacy Cab.

Anyone want to make a donation?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Last edited by BCKRedBaron at Apr 9, 2012,
Genre: Sludge/Doom
Guitar: Fender Foto Flame Strat w/EMG SA Pickups
Pedals: Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz V2, Boss BF-2 Flanger, TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with a Jet City 2x12 cab
Recording Gear: Shure SM57, Monster XLR Cables, Lexicon Interface, PreSonus Studio One Pro

Genre: Black/Progressive Metal
Guitar: Fender Foto Flame Strat w/EMG SA Pickups
Pedals: None
Amps: None
Software: Amplitube 3 Models (Dual Rectifier, Soldano SLO 100, Parametric EQ Rack)
Recording Gear: Lexicon Interface, PreSonus Studio One Pro
Genre: Stoner/sludge/drone/doom/post metal
Guitar: Reverend Club King HB Bb-F-Bb-Eb-G-C
Pedals: Jimi Hendrix signature wah, Tym Guitars Red Mudd, Strymon El Capistan
Amp: Orange Thunderverb 50, matching 2x12 closed back cab

Desired rig
Guitar: Reverend Manta Ray HB
Amps: Fender Bassman and Verellen loucks with Emperor 4x12
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Last edited by pbiggie at Apr 9, 2012,
This thread makes me happy that im not the only metal head that is pedal *****.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Genre: Hard Rock (but on the verge of metal), Ola Englund-esque type metal; biggest influences are RED, Disciple, Ola Englund, Dream Theater, August Burns Red; I have no idea how to classify it.

Guitar: PRS Custom 24 (x2--one for Drop D-C#, one for Drop C), PRS SE Mushok Baritone (Drop B-A). The CU24s would have Madhouse Design pickups, probably; the Mushok would have Blackouts.

Gear:
Amp: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster through a Rectifier 212 cab
Pedals: Green Rhino, FAB Chorus, ISP Decimator, NOVA Delay

Gear to add:
Amp: Two-Channel Dual Rectifier, Diezel Hagen, Mark V (if I'm dreaming, I would get them all; if I'm being practical, I'd go with the sub-$1000 Dual Rectifier). I'd also like to add a Roadster 212 (it's a bit smaller with less bass response). Throw in an Axe-FX, too.
Pedals: Korg Pitchblack (I need a pedal tuner), TCE Trinity Reverb, Empress Compressor

I think that's it. My GAS changes every once in a while.

The post above me makes me GASeous
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Last edited by bAngiel01 at Apr 9, 2012,
Primary Genre: All kinds of metal, all on the heavier side

Guitar: Mainly an Ibanez Universe UV777 tuned half step down, a Hello Kitty Strat with EMG 81X tuned to Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Bb or dropped Ab, or a Schecter Omen-7 with Diamrzio X2N and kill switch tuned half step down or in dropped Ab

Rig: Marshall JCM900 through a (Sunn?) 4x12 with Celestion 75's, Line 6 wireless, Morley Bad Horsie II, EHX Metal Muff, Digitech Whammy IV, and BBE Boosta Grande in front of the amp and a volume pedal in the FX loop.

Desired Rig: Swap the amp head for something with more gain on tap (probably an Engl) and drop the EHX Metal Muff and that's about it.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Primary Genres: Traditional black metal/ambient/melodic black metal; death metal (more on the European side -- think Opeth, At the Gates, Bloodbath); and thrash (Slayer, older Metallica). Really, I've been influenced by a lot of bands, but primarily the "darker" ones. I grew up in the 80's listening to eveything that was 'metal.'

Influences: Immortal, Windir, Enslaved, Emperor, Ensiferum/Wintersun, At the Gates, Opeth, Slayer, Metallica, and many, many more. I've even listened to some metalcore.

Rig: Peavey 6505+ combo, TS-9, Boss HM-2 for death metal tone, TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb and Flashback Delay for ambient/clean playing.

Running an Eminence Governor speaker, and all JJ tubes.

Desired Rig: Nothing too different; I really like the 6505 for all of the varying stuff I play. But I'll probably get the head version; maybe a 5150, I don't know. The 6505/5150 family of amps can really cover a lot of styles. I'd also like to get a high-end 212 cab, maybe a 412. Probably a 212, for portability. I'll add a lower-voiced Eminence speaker to compliment the upper mids of my Governor.

I'll probably also get an EQ of some sort as well.

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ a Dimarzio D-sonic in the bridge. It aint a bad guitar by any means, and the pickup really helped my metal tone. But I'll probably get a higher-end guitar someday. Probably an ESP. Maybe a Gibson Flying V.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Primary Genres: Hard rock, thrash metal, Death metal.

Guitar: Gibson Explorer EMG 81-85

Rig: Peavey 5150 (Block Letter) Rocktron Expression, BBE Sonic Maximizer, NS-2, DD-7, MXR EVH Phase 90, Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb, Voodoo Lab Ground Control
Mesa Boogie 4x12 and 5150 4x12 cabs

Desired Rig: Engl Fireball 100 and Axe-FX II
here goes mine. can cover most metal, more so i am melodic death/deathcore.

Amp: Splawn Nitro and Promod ran in stereo with an AB165 bassman for cleans. the cabs are Mesa Oversiced with 4xV30's, Randall 125 (2 T75's x12+1x15 Eminence Legend), and Avatar two EVH Celestion sigs, two V30's. switching pedals of course. nothing else though. splawns don't really need a TS out front

Guitars: Brotalized 2005 Gibson SG in C# std, Drop B, and a LP, with the addition of an Ibanez 3550MZ or 2570EVSL.

i certainly don't bring it all anywhere, but i could if i wanted to. but that would be way overkill. usually its just one splawn+Bassman or Splawn+Splawn sacrificing cleans a little bit. sometimes its just one of them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Primary Genre: 80s power/speed/trad/"heavy" metal(Savatage, Cirith Ungol, Crimson Glory, Sortilège, early Jag Panzer, that kinda stuff) with a little NWOBHM, stoner, thrash, epic doom, 80s hair and black metal tossed in...and I like Death too but I'm not really into any other death metal bands.

Guitar: Schecter Damien Elite FR in E, EMGs swapped for the time being(85 in bridge, 81 in neck just because the 85 was outright unusable in the neck because of all the bass. I'll be swapping them for passives soon though, either some DiMarzio Evos or a JB/'59 combo), and a Squier Strat which is due to have a JB put in it but is unplayable past the 12th fret so I've currently got her out of commission 'til I can afford to get that fixed.

Rig: I've got a Roland Cube 80XL in my room, and I've also got a Jet City JCA100 head and a Marshall 1960 Lead cab downstairs with a BOSS CE-5 Chorus and a Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion running through it.

Desired Rig: Well, the EMGs have got to go, that's for sure(the 85's just not my cup of tea, WAY too bassy for me. I can live with the 81, but the 85...), and I think I might upgrade my Floyd to an OFR.

I'd like an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah too, and either an overdrive that's a little less...compressed-sounding than the Valve Disto(it gets a REALLY nice tone for what I want, but when it comes on the whole rig gets this reeeeal compressed sound to it for some reason or another) or a T-Rex Bloody Mary(a little pricey, sure, and it's satin black, but...THE TONE). I might swap the Cube out for some other modeling amp too, maybe a Valvetronix or a Fender Mustang(they just seem to be nicer amps to me, the other Cubes I've tried have been fine but mine seems to be a little muddy, prolly due to the 12" speaker)

In the way of guitars I've got some Warmoth ideas(a Star or a V, not sure which yet), but otherwise, I'm more than happy with my rig.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Primary Genre: Progressive metal, melodic metal, etc.. Scale the Summit is the perfect example.

Guitar: -Agile Interceptor Pro 727, 7 string, EMG 707's, LFR, 27" scale. Kept in standard 7 tuning for Scale the Summit

-Ibanez RGA7, 7 string, stock actives (They're pretty meh), 25.5" scale. Used for other 7 tunings, primarily drop A.

Rig: Became a big fan of modelers. Use either a Line 6 Flextone II+ OR a Peavey Vypyr 75 with the Sanpera II. I own a few pedals, but I only use my MXR 10-band EQ.

Desired Rig: I would love an 8 string and a 6 string, a better amp, something to record with (An interface?), I'd love the RGA7 if it had better pickups.

Honestly I've thought about going the POD HD route, picking up an HD500 and only needing that for just about everything.
Quote by losing battle
This thread makes me happy that im not the only metal head that is pedal *****.

There's bound to be a few of us.
lulz. You don't even know what pedal ***** means until you've got 100+ lying on your floor and under your couch.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Apr 10, 2012,
Fine then I'm a pedal***** in training geeze.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Page 1 of 3