Page 2 of 3
Genres: progy dream theatre stuff, stuff like between the buried and me, tech death, and melodic hardcore.

Guitars: Ltd ec400, Douglas 7 string with a dimarzio blaze in the bridge, Ltd alexi200 with a tone zone

Amps: 6505+ combo with a soldano x12000 speaker, jj tubes all the way, Randall rh200 through a Marshall cab loaded with eminence Texas heats.

Pedals: ns2, hardwire tube od, Morley bad horsier, ibanez dl7, boss eq, and sometimes a phase 90 and boss tremolo.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I removed the pic cause it puts my pics to shame a hundred times over
]

The dog is cute! Can I has him/her?
Primary Genre: Prog metal (and prog rock)

Guitar:
RG2228

Fully loaded EBMM JP6

Custom finished RG1527 with JB/'59

My old trusty C-1 Classic:

The rumble from down under:

1994 SR1010e:

SR1006EFM:

Got a 1993 SR800 and a Warwick Corvette $$ coming in the mail in a few days.

And because true prog needs clean/acoustic stuff, here's my 1984 Japanese Squier strat and Faith Eclipse:

Rig:
This:

Through these:

Desired Rig: More flashy guitars. A Darkglass B7K for bass grit.
Gregs, that pic makes me seasick :p
Something about the angle of the pic and the Champ leaning backwards I guess :p

I play around within a mixture of Dissection, Drudkh, Burzum, Gris, Morgul and Gris. So black metal of the atmospherical kind I guess. Oooooh and the occasional Immortal or Mörk Gryning seasoning

I use an Agile 3000M that I modded myself. Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, Tone Zone in the neck. Duncan triple shot mounting rings, individual volume pots and I'll be adding a shared Tbx tone control. I mostly keep it tuned in Eb. Gets me all sorts of interesting tones, distorted and clean.

For years I have used my Marshall Tsl60 combo with various pedals in all sorts of configurations. Most used where an Mxr 10-band, Korg tuner, Mxr Super Comp, Visualsound Jekyll & Hyde v2 and a Dragonfly Black Metal pedal as boost. Had a bunch of other pedals too, but these few are sure to stay.

Recently bought myself a Jvm410 with a Harley Benton 4x12 with Celestion V30's in it. I find myself using the pedals a bit less now :p

I could dream of better gear, but I think I already have more than I need
All I could use really is a nice secluded practice space and buttloads of free time to experiment some more and actually use my gear more, I don't get to play too often the last few years
Primary Genre: Some kind of mix between Progressive, Groove, Thrash, and plain old Heavy Metal.

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the Bridge and AlNiCo II Pro in the Neck (both uncovered). I've also added Schaller Strap Locks and a cool looking Gothic Cross on the Headstock. I've recently switched to the Ernie Ball Cobalt Power Slinkys for it.

Rig: Egnater Vengeance, Jet City JCA24S (2x12), I've got an MXR 10-Band in the loop with an ISP Decimator after it. I also have an Original Crybaby that has been modded some but needs more mods and a Hardwire TL-2 that doesn't see much use since I've bought my Vengeance.

Desired Rig: Just a few changes/additions. I want to add a Gibson Flying V to my arsenal and I'm thinking about throwing a BKP Cold Sweat in the bridge and a BKP VHII in the Neck. I still want to grab a boost. Probably between a Bad Monkey, TS9DX, and Green Rhino. The last changes I want to make is to swap the speakers in my Jet City cab to an Eminince Swamp Thang and Wizard, but I'm not certain on that yet. Then I want to get a 4x12 with V30s and K100s in an X pattern. Oh, and I want to get a new Wah pedal. I'm thinking I'm gonna have Greeny make me a new one. Maybe a wireless system, but that is a huge Maybe.
primary genre: prog/death/djent/ and your standard metal

Guitars:
1. Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top HSS, Tom Anderson pickups, currently in D standard usually in E standard tho.
2. Ibanez RG1527, Bareknuckle Cold Sweat pickups, in ADADGBE tuning.
3. ESP Ltd H-1000, EMG 81/85 pickups, currently in standard tuning.
4. Ibanez RG1570, stock pickups, standard tuning (for sale )

Rig: Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifier, sometimes use a Boss OD3 to boost it. usually running a TC Electronics Nova Delay through the loop. I use a clip on tuner, and have an Ibanez AF2 flanger and Dunlop Cry baby too. Cab is a Marshall 1936v 2x12 loaded with V30s

Desired Rig: Soon will be getting my AxeFx Ultra that I'll run into the Recto Power amp, but other than that all I really want is a load more high end guitars (Blackmachine, Mayones etc.) and a Mesa cab of some sort, but seeing as the cab I have right now has V30s there isnt much point in changing that for a while, the 1936v sounds really good. The only downside is that its A LOT bigger than any other 2x12 i've seen, it does help give a bit more lowend similar to a Mesa Cab tho which is nice.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Ippon

Thrash, Grunge, Dinosaur
SG, Strat, Tele, 7-strings
Soldano SLO100, Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet, Diezel VH4
Need a Fortin Satan

also, this post makes me want to kill myself. need basically all of that
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
^ +1

I'd say that is a good 'Desired Rig' for me

Primary Genres: Classic Heavy Metal, Thrash, Hair metal, Hardcore, Metalcore, Stoner, Doom, Sludge, etc

Guitars: Schecter C1+ and a modded Fat Strat

Rig 1: Splawn Quick Rod matching 212

Rig 2: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Pedals: Some of the pedal that I like to use for metal would be my Bad Monkey, Zakk OD, Russian Big Muff and my MXR EVH Phase 90. The EHX Clone Theory is cool too.

Primary Genre: Cover songs. Straight up metal.

Guitar: Modded Fender Strat- SSH EMG passive pick-ups/ESP H1000 Stock

Rig: Mesa Triple Rectifier with Recto 4x12.. Boss DD3 delay and a Boss 7-band EQ. Alt. Setup is a Marshall JCM800 1959 with a 4x12 JCM 800 1960A cab.. Same pedals with a Mesa Bottle Rocket for some OD.

Desired Rig: I'd like to try on an ENGL Fireball, but I'm content as I don't play much metal anymore.
well now that everyone else is posting pics... here you go

Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
We usually call it bastard metal.

Gear in sig, post pics later. Just let me say the XSr kicks ass.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
Gregs, that pic makes me seasick :p

well it has been known to induce vomiting.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Whats the shiny thing in the middle in the first pic?

Looks like a Vamp pro.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Primary Genre: Progressive Metal (with electronic/acoustic elements), Symphonic Metal

Main Guitar: Sumer Metal Driver
Rig: Blackstar HT-5, Boosted by a Boss SD-1

Basically, my rig needs a lot of work: Plans to build an amp for uni, maybe get a POD Pro and I need a wah, reverb/delay, EQ...

Poor Pics of the Guitar:

Will be changing the pups soon.

Everyone knows what a HT-5 and Boss pedals look like .

EDIT: Woah, my gear is so **** compared with some of you guys. Axe FX? Diezel!? I wish I had that much money.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by Emperor's Child
Primary Genre: Progressive Metal (with electronic/acoustic elements), Symphonic Metal

Main Guitar: Sumer Metal Driver
Rig: Blackstar HT-5, Boosted by a Boss SD-1

Basically, my rig needs a lot of work: Plans to build an amp for uni, maybe get a POD Pro and I need a wah, reverb/delay, EQ...

Poor Pics of the Guitar:

Will be changing the pups soon.

Everyone knows what a HT-5 and Boss pedals look like .

EDIT: Woah, my gear is so **** compared with some of you guys. Axe FX? Diezel!? I wish I had that much money.

Neat lookin' guitar though. And the Blackstar stuff seems to get some good reviews. Out of all my gear on the last page, I bet you I use my little 3/5 watt Blackheart the most.. Not that I don't like my other gear, but I like that little amp. Use my Mesa Bottle Rocket OD with it for some crunch. I usually use my Boss DD3 for some short delay in solos (and it boosts my volume a hair) and my Boss 7-Band eq to make my bridge pick-up sound a little more meaty for cleans. And I use my modded strato. Don't get down on your gear, you're on the right track man.
Last edited by ryantombasco at Apr 11, 2012,
Guitar only cost me £150 + old Pacifica as well .

I will say that the HT-5 is good but, I still find it a bit too loud (unless I use the clean channel) and there's not really much on the market that suits metal and is quieter.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Primary Genre: Progressive rock

Guitar: Ibanez RGA121 (LiquiFire in the neck, Super 3 in the bridge)

Rig: Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 combo, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Hardwire CR-7 chorus (mostly for cleans)

Desired Rig: PRS CE-22, Mesa Tremoverb head, Mesa 2x12 cabinet, TC Electronic G-Majow 2, Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

I like it simple now.
Quote by Emperor's Child
Guitar only cost me £150 + old Pacifica as well .

I will say that the HT-5 is good but, I still find it a bit too loud (unless I use the clean channel) and there's not really much on the market that suits metal and is quieter.

You could always get something like a line 6 pod for practicing on your own, and invest in some decent headphones. I'm not an amp modeling kinda guy, but I got a behringer vamp pro that I've been considering for quiet practicing.
Last edited by ryantombasco at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by ryantombasco
You could always get something like a line 6 pod for practicing on your own, and invest in some decent headphones. I'm not an amp modeling kinda guy, but I got a behringer vamp pro that I've been considering for quiet practicing.
That's where I was going with the POD Pro but I'm unsure if it's right for me. I already have Audio Technica ATH-M50s though.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Primary Genre: Death Metal (Influenced by swedish death, with hints of hardcore punk)

Main Guitar: B.C. Rich Mockingbird Pro X with Floyd Rose Tremolo, EMG 81 (Bridge) and EMG 60 (Neck) pickups, currently using Dean Markley JZ 12-54 Nickelsteel Electric Strings.

Rig: BOSS HM-2 Pedal, Peavey Bandit 120 Amp
I also have a BOSS DS-1 and DS-2 that I sometimes use on home recordings when layering guitars.
Our rehearsal room is also equipped with some low-end solid state Marshall stacks, so I use these instead of my Peavey most of the time.

Desired Rig: First a noise filter, because the HM-2 has some serious feedback issues so I should really get one, then a wah pedal that could also fit my bass, and an Ibanez DM-1100 Digital Delay rack, the same Piggy from Voivod used. I'm looking for a nice tube amp too, but I'm not sure what I should get to keep a nice and clean, warm buzzsaw sound, any other amp than my Bandit sounds too rough. Maybe a hardtail "backup" guitar too.

That's only my metal rig though. (Sorry, picture quality sucks, I took it with my iPhone)
If you do a search on the forums here, I'm sure you can find recommendations for a suitable amp for you.. For what you're looking for sound wise. I was always able to get heavy crunch out of my triple rec, and still get warm full cleans, dispite others having issues with that. I've been messing with mine for near 8 years now though. I have many hours into it, lol
My problem with most amps is basically that I end up sounding something like this when I want to sound like that.
Only my Peavey gave me the sound I want so far.
Though I'll definitely search for a (preferably high-end) Tube Amp that sounds right once I got the money.
Last edited by Messiah138 at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by Messiah138
My problem with most amps is basically that I end up sounding something like this when I want to sound like that.
Only my Peavey gave me the sound I want so far.
Though I'll definitely search for a (preferably high-end) Tube Amp that sounds right once I got the money.

Yea I know what you mean. I wasn't ever into THAT kind of metal too much even when I was younger., But I know your problem. I wasn't ever a fan of hi freq middy sounds. Always liked that darker mid freq. I hear the Peavey 5150's have a darker tone to them.. As do the Rectifiers. Anything along those lines will probably have more of the tone you're looking for.. A darker voiced amp more the less, is what it sounds like you're looking for.
I'm tending to be a classic metalhead myself with stuff ranging from Maiden to W.A.S.P to Leatherwolf and loads of European stuff like Helloween, Sonata Arctica and Hammerfall.

Guitars: Squier Vintage Modified in Sunburst (HSS), Dean Razorback, Jackson RR3

Amp Laney AOR 100w

Pedals Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss CE-3
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Paroxysm
Primary Genre: Progressive rock

Guitar: Ibanez RGA121 (LiquiFire in the neck, Super 3 in the bridge)

Rig: Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 combo, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Hardwire CR-7 chorus (mostly for cleans)

Desired Rig: PRS CE-22, Mesa Tremoverb head, Mesa 2x12 cabinet, TC Electronic G-Majow 2, Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

I like it simple now.
Not really a metal rig then is it?

I had dreams about PRS Guitars back when I was using one of the old Pacifica 112s. If it helps, the guitar I posted above is a pretty good (and cheap) substitute (quality and specs-wise), though that's if you ever come across one. Apparently, they just pop up in random parts of the UK and USA every now and then.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by Emperor's Child
That's where I was going with the POD Pro but I'm unsure if it's right for me. I already have Audio Technica ATH-M50s though.

I can heartily recommend the Pod HD series. I used it with headphones only for the first 6 months of having it(HD500) and it sounded fine with my headphones(I got a pair for around $150 that sound amazing so if you like yours keep them).

Since the HD series has come up multiple times in the thread as a topic, if anyone wants demos of specific amp models or whatever, just drop me a message. I can show you how they sound either through direct USB from the HD500 or mic'd from my DT50. Whichever you prefer.
Primary Genre: Some odd sort of symphonic melodeath

Guitar: Ibanez S420 (EADGBE) and Ibanez S7420(BEADGBE), both stock

Rig: At the moment, all I'm using a POD HD500 into my audio interface.

Desired Rig: I'd swap out the POD HD500 with a Mesa boogie triple rec with a dunlop standard crybaby, a maxon 808 with an ISP decimator and a boss DD-7 in the amps fx-loop. Preferably, I'd have some sort of rack to go with that so I could program channel-swapping with effects so I wouldn't have to tap-dance around my pedalboard.
For my guitars, I'd like another Ibanez 7 and put Dimarzio crunchlab7 and liquifire7s in them both.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Primary Genre: everything from Lamb of God type stuff, all the way to classic rock

Guitar: Carvin CT624 and Gibson LP Studio. Both stock pickups

Rig: TS-9 in front of a Mesa Mark IV through a 212 Recto cab. Thassit. I have a G major 2 for effects, but it hasn't even been hooked up since I moved, almost 5 months ago. I have a POD HD-500 that I don't use much. Got a good deal on it as part of a trade. It's a great backup if nothing else.

Desired Rig: I've really been wanting to check out the new 50w 5150 head. Aside from that I want a roadking II.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Primary genre: Guitar strings sound

Guitar: Ibanez RG 1570 with stock pickups

Rig: TriAmp MK1 with Framus 212 with v30's ( mark's )

Desired Rig: i wanna get a better guitar with the same feel, but with a set of AfterMath's ( prolly gonna get them once i am done with college )
Powerball 2 ( excellent response with the single coil pickup in my Ibby )
Some better 212 ( prolly a Mesa Stiletto )
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Apr 14, 2012,
Primary genre: Mostly progressive metal, shred metal, bits of thrash and melodic death here and there. I am also in a metalcore band.

Guitars: I use my Ibanez Prestige 2570Z for most of the prog/shred and my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser for most of the metalcore and melodeath.

Rig: I find that my current rig is pretty much perfect for what I play. I can tweak it so that it can do any of the above genres.

Peavey 6505 head
Marshall 1960AV cab
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
TS Electronic Petrucci Dreamscape
Boss NS2
Boss DD3
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

The only changes I see myself making any time soon are replacing the wah pedal with a Morley Bad Horsie 2, and adding a tuner pedal.