For my final for my last english college course I have to take, I have to write an arguement, about ANYTHING I want. However, I just don't know what to write about. So I need some suggestions Pit!

Keep in mind, while I am able to write about whatever I want, I MUST INCLUDE evidence. So I can't argue something without a mass amount of proof. Also, it needs to be something I Ace. I have a C- and I must bring it up to a B, so getting an A on this paper would suffice.

One last thing, I CANNOT do the legalization of weed/any other drug, my professor said he grew tired of seeing the same argument so he wants something other than that.
We need to abolish the penny. The metals that go into making a single penny cost more than the single cent the penny is worth. We lose money by continually minting new pennies. Utterly ridiculous coin.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Argue evolution. It's rather easy to see the evidence to support evolution and there's also a lot of people that are young earth creationists. I would go for that.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Argue that the world is round. Hopefully there's enough evidence to prove that.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Argue that the world is round. Hopefully there's enough evidence to prove that.

It's actually a cube, but it rotates really fast so it looks like a sphere from space.

True story.
Quote by sashki
It's actually a cube, but it rotates really fast so it looks like a sphere from space.

True story.

Argue that sashki's a nerd and took my suggestion too seriously

Because this is the truth
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Argue that Jewish people should be institutionalised and exterminated because of the Zionist conspiracy.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Minimum wage should be abolished in the US in order to prevent outsourcing manufacturing to third world countries, creating jobs to help recover the economy, driving down prices on goods, and promoting more industrialization domestically.

Quote by captaincrunk
Argue that rape should be legal if the victim is really, really hot.

Or alternatively if the assailant is really, really hot.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Minimum wage should be abolished in the US in order to prevent outsourcing manufacturing to third world countries, creating jobs to help recover the economy, driving down prices on goods, and promoting more industrialization domestically.

Or alternatively if the assailant is really, really hot.

If both participants are hot, it must be filmed in HD.
Quote by captaincrunk
If both participants are hot, it must be filmed in HD.

And subsequently screened in kindergartens across the nation.
Quote by RU Experienced?
And subsequently screened in kindergartens across the nation.

Definitely. If you're going to rape a kindergarten teacher in front of her students, they should at least get a copy of the DVD.
Argue that the portrayal of women in the media unfairly skews beauty as a measurement of their value while simultaneously distorting the image of female beauty. The consequences can include culture bound eating disorders such as anorexia nervosia (only exists in the Western world) and a lack of representation of women in politics. What is beauty? What role does the media play in society and what obligations does it have? What role do ordinary men and women play in the perpetuation of the values? Recommended material: Miss Representation video documentary.

Argue that the portrayal of men in the media revolves too narrowly around power and hierarchical social status and that the media's portrayal of male characters achieving those ends through violence and guns is responsible for many school shootings (when's the last time a girl shot up a school?) and the inflated incarceration rate that afflicts men. Recommended material: Tough Guise video documentary.

Argue that the concentration of media into massive conglomerates (especially in the USA) and their profit motive creates a bias in mainstream media which prevents all sides of a story to be shown to the greater public. See how protest groups are stereotyped and marginalized while Marxist perspectives are massively ignored in favour of perspectives which legitimize the position of those in power. How much is this bias a consequence of public demand; is this the type of news the majority want to watch? What kind of ethical guidelines should these media conglomerates adhere to? How can we get different opinions and perspectives on current events to more of the public? Recommended material: Manufacturing Consent book/video documentary.

Detail the history of global inequality and argue whether the first world deserves its majority of the planet's wealth. Recommended material: Guns, Germs, and Steel book/video documentary.

Argue whether Marx's theories of class struggles are still relevant today. Does social class exist? Are we simply a group of haves and yet to haves? Is there such a thing as the middle class; is it growing or getting smaller? What does the future hold for small business? Recommended material: The Communist Manifesto by Marx and Engels.

Basically, find a documentary you like and expand on it with more of your own research.