So I've been looking for an amp that I can really squeeze some good sound out of and the tiny terror seems to fit the bill for me. I play a lot of blues-rock, and some van halen type stuff and this amp seems to get that tone, a nice dirty(er) type of clean to full out saturation.

So tell me why I shouldn't buy it. Point out its biggest flaws and let downs.

I really am digging this amp at the moment, so it seems more logical to see what peoples biggest problems with it are, instead of everything else about it. If it matters I play a strat and I'm pretty fond of using minimal effects pedals (OD, delay, reverb at most).
My gripes with it were that it sounded fizzy and thin at high volumes and didn't have much in the way of versatility or headroom.
If you don't need FX loop, pristine cleans and built-in reverb and you are not gonna gig with it in big venues then there's no reason you should not get it. You like it? BUY IT?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by GS LEAD 5
If you like Van Halen, a 6505/5150 is the obvious choice
That said, if you like it, buy it. And what ^ said. No pristine cleans, not much headroom, limited EQ as well. IIRC its only got gain and tone knobs?

Evh was pure poweramp distortion, not preamp distortion. Getting a 5150 to crack is going cause an earthquake in your bedroom. 5150 = not good for evh crunch, even if it is his 'signature' amp
A buddy of mine's band played Red Rocks. Their rhythm/everything else guitarist uses a Tiny Terror. He loves it. They mic the crap out of his Marshall 4x12. That's the way to go. If you're not micing, then you're probably SOL. It sounded good to me up to a point, but as mentioned it gets fizzy. If clean is not your concern then it works.

Since you didn't mention budget... Look into the Bogner Brixton. This is the "Tiny Terror for someone serious" type amp IMO. Its got vol, gain, voice and a deep/normal switch, runs 6v6's at 12 watts (with half power) and doesn't get all fizzy IMO. Plugged into a 12" at GC they asked me to turn down while I was putting it through its paces. They also said it sounded good. Got from John Mayer fat gritty clean to metal sounds I'd never use. It's more expensive but IMO its worth it. They sell for $1250 new I think and are comparable to the TT if you can find used.
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
BTW Fizzy is not a bad thing, is just a matter of tastes. My Mesa Royal Atlantic has a kind-of-fizzy overdrive and I dig it a lot! Most Oranges have a fizzy/fuzzy sounding overdrive.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
True that fizzy isn't a bad thing - the Silver Jubilee gets kind of fizzy when it's cranked and it sounds great doing it. That said, I think the 'fizz' I experienced with the TT was very different than you get with the Jubilee. The Marshall gets fizzy in a frothy, notes-smashed-together sort of way that is really ferocious. The TT just buzzed and sounded thinner, like it couldn't handle the volume.
Granted, thin sounding amp for sure. I'm not a fan of the Terror series, but I still think those are great amps anyway, just a matter of taste.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by Perverockstar69
... and you are not gonna gig with it in big venues...

Big venues mic amps - wattage makes no difference at all when play at 'proper' shows with decent PA as everything will be mic'd. I gig practically every weekend with a 15W tube amp and two 5W tube amps, everything goes through PA and sounds wonderful.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Still, I prefer more wattage, the character of the amp improves a lot.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by Perverockstar69
Still, I prefer more wattage, the character of the amp improves a lot.

I downsized my amps for the opposite of that reason, I'd rather have a non-master volume amp cranked right up for a huge overdrive sound than fizzy preamp gain cranked to 10 with the master volume at 2, it just never sounds as 'big' to my ears.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
The fizzy/thin character at high volume with the TT is likely due to the design of its power section, which uses EL84's. EL84's are finnicky valves, having a ton of gain with next to no drive requirements. I would bet the TT would benefit greatly from a corrective filter in the power section. But that's not a task for the faint of heart.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
i wouldn't want a tt for VH
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?