I'm in a tricky position, I bought myself a nice guitar, but I only have Vox Pathfinder 15r. I play mostly trash, ye oldie Metallica, a bit of 80s rock and such. Thing is, the guitar left me pretty broke.
I'm looking to buy a decent amp, maybe even valve, but seeing that's not gonna happen any time soon, I've started to look for alternatives.
I ran into an ad of a dude selling Boss MT-2 for about 40 euros (store prices are more than 100 where I live), and from what I understood, it's a very good metal pedal. Now that I've put my firefighter panties on, lemme explain - I know full well it won't give me a Metallica sound. I'm merely thinking about a cheap workaround, in order to give my amp a couple more months of use. Pathfinder is not a metal amp by far, it's distortion is good for, say 70s rock, surf, maybe dirty (VERY dirty) blues, but that's it.
So my question is - will that, or any other pedal for that matter, give me a bit better distortion on my particular amp?
My guitar is Dean Dimebag.
Last edited by Casull454 at Apr 9, 2012,
I'd say get the pedal cause it's cheap, but find a way to get a new amp quick.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
i'd give the mt-2 a 6/10

It's not bad. but you have to sit there for a long time to get a sound you like. and when you do get a sound you like, you realise it's still not that great so you look for another.

do you think that with a booster/tubescreamer pedal you could get more gain and more metal sound? because most metal pedals in my experience dont quite do the trick
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
i'd give the mt-2 a 6/10

It's not bad. but you have to sit there for a long time to get a sound you like. and when you do get a sound you like, you realise it's still not that great so you look for another.

do you think that with a booster/tubescreamer pedal you could get more gain and more metal sound? because most metal pedals in my experience dont quite do the trick

See that's the problem, I have practically zero experience with pedals of any kind. I bought some cheap-ass Behringer disto a couple of years back, threw 20 euros on it, broke down immediately, dumped it since it had no warranty, never looked back again.
Now I have absolutely no idea where to go or what to look for now. If what you said about booster/tubescreamer is true, then I need to do my homework first... and if any of those things cost more than say 50 euros, then it won't be worth it...
Get the MT2. It's no where near the best pedal out there but it will sort you out for a while. I had one for years. But you need to get a good amp.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2