I've been looking at a multitude of overdrive and fuzz pedals to dirty up my tone a bit when needed. I've heard that the best way to get a nice dirty tone but retain the bass end is to blend a clean signal with the dirty signal.
Now my question is, I saw that the EHX Big Bass Muff Pi has a dry and wet output; I have a Backline 600('till I can upgrade, naturally). Would I be able to use these two outputs to get this blended sound? By sending the wet signal into the effects loop of my amp and the dry into the regular input?
You could send the signals to two seperate amps.

Or just use the blend function that is on the Bass Muff Pi and not bother with anything like that.
Firstly - you're correct, some of the best driven tones are to be had by combining a clean signal with a distorted one (I usually like to blend two or three different driven signals underneath my clean but that can get more complicated).

Secondly - the EHX Bass Big Muff does have two outputs, but that isn't how you'd utilise them. To do that you'd need an amp with two inputs and a blend function, more than one amp, or an A+B - > Y type box. The easier option is to get a pedal that has a fully functional blend built in.

I own an EHX Bass Big Muff, and while it's a fantastic pedal that provides some amazing sounds, as a standalone unit I don't think that it excels at what you're trying to do. The pedal provides no interface for smoothly blending the dry and wet signals to your desire and as such, though I like to use it for that function in a studio environment where I can run more complicated signal chains, in a live setting I prefer to use my Big Muff as a full-on fuzz pedal for songs such as Hysteria, and get my slightly more subtle/blended sounds elsewhere.

One option worth looking into would be the MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe. This is a great pedal for this purpose. It has a separate wet and dry level control so you can properly blend the signals as you wish, and it also has a tone control that does not effect the clean signal which is an extremely useful function in my opinion.
I made a y box for like $3 out of radio shack stuff (they are still good for something!). The blend function is useful but not very common. Guitar center also sells y cables, just stick on in your guitar, one end going through dirt, the other clean wet etc, then use another y cable to link them and put them in the amp.

This is About $10 and gives you more dirt box options.
Quote by askrere
I made a y box for like $3 out of radio shack st ff (they are still good for something!). The blend function is useful but not very common. Guitar center also sells y cables, just stick on in your guitar, one end going through dirt, the other clean wet etc, then use another y cable to link them and put them in the amp.

This is About $10 and gives you more dirt box options.

Wouldn't that make my signal weak by the time it reaches my amp?

And thanks for the recommendation Ziphoblat! Hopefully I can find somewhere around here that has one I can try out.