I traded my Ibanez GRG170DX on the weekend for a Jackson.

Included case

Fantastic neck, fast, and completely playable, easy fret access

Burgundy finish, Rhoads (obviously)

The black tape you see in the corner is there because I'm repainting it, and am experimenting with design ideas. Also, original owner swapped out the pickups for Ibanez V1 and V2's

Super lightweght, very comfortable to play sitting or standing.

Review time: I love this guitar. First V and Jackson I've ever owned. Super lightweight, durable, and has fantastic fret access.

Neck: Slim, smooth, playable. Easy fret access and very comfortable to hold. This is an old mid 90's (I believe) Performer series, PS-3, not complaints here. Minor dings in the back, but that's to expected. Tuners are Jackson, hold tuning very well, porbably won't replace unless absolutely needed. 22 frets, reminds me of the one on my Charvette, which is expected considering they're the same company, or were at one point.

Sound: This thing is a tank. First owner installed a pickup splitter for a coil tap kinda sound, I dig it. This guitar is super versatile, I can play anything from Trivium to Prince to Metallica and even Jim Croce. The V1 and V2 pickups are great for metal, I mostly use the neck pickup and rarely the bridge, but all in all they get the job done. This guitar brings out really warm cleans and leads on the bridge and very chunky tight lows and mids on the neck pick up. It's probably the best guitar I've owned thus far.

Body: Very durable, although there is a fair sized chip out of the shorter wing but i'll be filling it in when I repaint this thing. The finish is nice, and the wood is alder. The original owner had spray painted it black, so I took it off. Steel wool, sand paper, and a mr. clean scrubby were my tools of removal. They did a pretty good job, although they did scratch the finish around the pick ups but it was really built up around there. It'll be repainted and shined and polished and everything. Not much of an issue at this point.

All in all I have no complaints about this guitar. I'll try and post up some sound clips in the next couple days.
HNGD! What happened to the bridge pickup? Wow, you use the neck pickup more then the bridge? Whaaaat? For pretty much everybody it's the oppisite.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 9, 2012,
Quote by Dr Sixstring
HNGD! What happened to the bridge pickup? Wow, you use the neck pickup more then the bridge? Whaaaat? For pretty much everybody it's the oppisite.

Elaborate on "What happened to the bridge pickup" please, not quite following you.

I prefer the sound of the neck pickup, I play rhythm more often than not, and this provides tasty rhythm grooves and a fair bit of chunk. Just my personal preference I guess.
Quote by Charvel1995
Elaborate on "What happened to the bridge pickup" please, not quite following you.

I prefer the sound of the neck pickup, I play rhythm more often than not, and this provides tasty rhythm grooves and a fair bit of chunk. Just my personal preference I guess.

I just meant that it looks so scratch up in the light. Nothings wrong with it.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Dr Sixstring
I just meant that it looks so scratch up in the light. Nothings wrong with it.

Honeslty, I have no clue. It was like that when I got it. The guitar is 15 years old a least, so I'm assuming the pickups are fairly old as well, based on research I've done.
Ohh.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Dude, I don't want to patronise you, but I think you mixed up what the bridge pickup and the neck pickup is.

HNGD anyway.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Damn you!! I've been GASing a Jackson forever. I'm trying to find a white/black Matt Tuck sig...
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Damn you!! I've been GASing a Jackson forever. I'm trying to find a white/black Matt Tuck sig...

My friend has one in the silver sparkle finish. They stopped making them now that he's gone to B.C Rich. Good luck finding one, but thanks.

Dude, I don't want to patronise you, but I think you mixed up what the bridge pickup and the neck pickup is.

HNGD anyway. [/QUOTE

My bad aha. Thanks though
I know that, which sucks, as it's a signature but it ain't loud, like Syn Gates's one. Oh, hot damn! I forgot to congratulate you on your new axe! HNGD!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.