Page 1 of 2
This is kind of a superficial question - but have you ever plain seen something and regardless of how it sounds you can't stomach having it in your set up? One example for me is this thing : I know it's meant to be great but I knew it would never sit on my pedalboard unless I went blind

mostly guitars(looking at you! bc rich) i wouldnt play a guitar i thought looked stupid i
probably wouldnt enjoy it
but pedals i could care less especially sinc eno one will see it and enclosures could be easily replaces

and i would never use that fuzzz face...it snot pedal board freidly at all with its circular shape
i built a fuzz face clone into an actual stop box seemed to fix that problem
Definitely when it comes to guitars. Even if they sound great, I would likely never buy a "Metal" looking guitar. Probably nothing too bright and colorful either.
I like my Destroyer. Sure, it took a while for it to grow on me, but now I <3 explorer body shapes. Kinda want a V too.

If it looks funky, that's even better.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
^I would buy one, for the tonez. Needs a retolexing though...
I wouldn't buy anything cause it looks killer, but I would NOT buy something if it looked ridiculous.

I do care what my guitar looks like, but I'm quite easy on it and my current guitar (Personally) is my favourite finish, shape etc. So that made buying it feel like a massive success.

Pedals you shouldn't care, no-one will see it really, and all you do is stamp on it, essentially.

I think its hard for a guitar amp to look dumb, unless its one of those custom Mesa Boogies with a sea blue coral finish and a gold grill or some other putrid combination.

With pedals its all about tone. If you like the sound of it, get it, that's all that matters.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Pointy guitars. Black acoustics repulse me for some reason too.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Nope. Well I'm not buying a penis guitar
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Red stratocasters.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer

Nope. Not in a million years. Not if it was a single guitar design on the planet. Not even if it instantly gave me Steve Vai/Hellen/Slash/whoever skills just by touching it, I wouldn't even touch it. They have one in my music store, it's in the lols corner. I avoid it like it could give me leprosy. Yesterday, it made one of the kids cry and go "mommy mommy, someone killed this guitar, took it's head off!"
If I was buying an amp, and some poor soul tried to give me THAT guitar to test it out, I'd take my Dimebag Black Bolt out of the case and shove it right up his ass. Well, at least he could later say he rode the lightning!
Headless guitars rock, you philistine. Granted, those ones don't look as good as a real Steinberger but still......
You don't realise how much the headstock gets in the way until you've gigged with a Steiny.

And anyway - you play a Dean Black Bolt? People, stones, glass houses ........
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 9, 2012,
Gibson les Paul's and teles.

I'm serious. They're ugly IMO.

The only guitars I actually like the look of are strats.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Apr 9, 2012,
I like everything...

=/
Quote by Remnest
Love their sound but utterly despise the look of the Teles....

I like neither.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I have a blue/purple tie-dye strat with matching headstock...so the answer to your question appears to be no.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by kutless999
I like neither.

I love both

To each their own though
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Yeah, I gotta say Orange Amps too. When I was looking for an amp I never even tried the Oranges because they looked so godamn bad. Now if there had been a black one I may have paid it some attention but then there is still that Fischer Price graphics on the front panel.
They just look bad. Like an oversized child's toy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I always thought it was kinda dumb when people built amps in things not meant for amps. You know, lunch boxes and the such.

:p
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
These... things.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
All the time. I've very picky. I think that what you choose to play says a bit about you as a person, generally.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
All the time. I've very picky. I think that what you choose to play says a bit about you as a person, generally.

I have been playing my knees as drums.

Hooray.
Quote by Casull454

Nope. Not in a million years. Not if it was a single guitar design on the planet. Not even if it instantly gave me Steve Vai/Hellen/Slash/whoever skills just by touching it, I wouldn't even touch it. They have one in my music store, it's in the lols corner. I avoid it like it could give me leprosy. Yesterday, it made one of the kids cry and go "mommy mommy, someone killed this guitar, took it's head off!"
If I was buying an amp, and some poor soul tried to give me THAT guitar to test it out, I'd take my Dimebag Black Bolt out of the case and shove it right up his ass. Well, at least he could later say he rode the lightning!

I can't tell whether or not you're saying a Dimebag signature guitar looks better than that...a

Quote by kutless999
Gibson les Paul's and teles.

I'm serious. They're ugly IMO.

The only guitars I actually like the look of are strats.

Well, you're wrong. Tele's are the greatest thing ever put on this earth.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs

Coolest. Guitar. Evar.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Apr 10, 2012,
Resized for your viewing pleasure!
I think she's mad cause her balls are about to touch.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yeah, what's with the control layout on the girly guitar? They look like they'd be hard to use.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
He modified it; they have one volume stock.
Does that thing have an EMG 85?

I'm going to be slightly pissed off if Hello Kitties guitar is better than mine.

*facepalm*
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Well, I would not be caught dead playing a telecaster. I've found that when a band turns up and gets out a telecaster, indie 'music' will follow. Indies always play telecasters, and as such, I'll give it a miss.

I would never play a Dimebag Darrell signature. Not because I dislike Dimebag, he's great, but because of the kinda brain dead metal heads who worship him as a god and believe that anything baring his name is the pinnacle of tone.

Also, any guitar with pictures of demons or stuff on it is just repulsive.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
I actually have a guitar on my wall, which was painted by some guy. I got it for like £200, it's a rubbish guitar (A GIO Ibanez) and I could probably off-load it to some 15 year old scene kid for nearly the same.

But it's a 1 of a kind design, Just hangs there on my wall, and I can't let go haha. If I can be bothered, I'll get some pictures up today.

It's basically got Swirling oceans + an octopus hiding in the corner under some corals/seaweed.
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978

I ask many questions.
Quote by Raijouta
These... things.

This. They look so ugly and....incomplete. I don't care how good they sound I hate em.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by AgentOrange...
Well, I would not be caught dead playing a telecaster. I've found that when a band turns up and gets out a telecaster, indie 'music' will follow. Indies always play telecasters, and as such, I'll give it a miss.

Indie, huh?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Page 1 of 2