Hey UG, a local singer/bass player has for sale a 1967 Traynor Bass Master Mark II 200W Amplifier for $100. Is this a good deal? Thanks!
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Yes, get it. Can very easily be made to sound similar to a Marshall super lead.
Quote by al112987
Yes, get it. Can very easily be made to sound similar to a Marshall super lead.

Do they usually go for around that price?
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Sounds like a bunch of stuck together vintage terms to me.

The only amps from around the '67 that would match that kind of outputis the YBA-3 Custom Special (130 watts) or the YBA-3A Super Custom Special (250 watts). The YBA-3A was only availiable starting in '68, though.

Al112987 was talking about the YBA-1 Bassmaster, which is 45 watts and close to the JTM45 circuit becasue both were ripped off/modified versions of the Bassman. The Bassman MKII was louder and rated at 90 watts, but thats still a ways off from 200. On top of that, the MKII wasn't made until '68.

Check it out regardless. If it's any kind of Bassmaster, its a steal at $100. But from the description and price, it sounds like a rip off. Don't be surprized if you show up and find out its a rackmount solid state bass head with a traynor sticker on it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
Sounds like a bunch of stuck together vintage terms to me.

The only amps from around the '67 that would match that kind of outputis the YBA-3 Custom Special (130 watts) or the YBA-3A Super Custom Special (250 watts). The YBA-3A was only availiable starting in '68, though.

Al112987 was talking about the YBA-1 Bassmaster, which is 45 watts and close to the JTM45 circuit becasue both were ripped off/modified versions of the Bassman. The Bassman MKII was louder and rated at 90 watts, but thats still a ways off from 200. On top of that, the MKII wasn't made until '68.

Check it out regardless. If it's any kind of Bassmaster, its a steal at $100. But from the description and price, it sounds like a rip off. Don't be surprized if you show up and find out its a rackmount solid state bass head with a traynor sticker on it.

Unfortunately it sold about 20 minutes after being posted. Thanks for all of the information! I have known the seller personally all of my life, I don't think she would sell a fake though.

If you wanted to see, here's the picture she posted of it (can't figure out how to get it larger): http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/540347_10150639006277536_718487535_9692832_1930315810_n.jpg
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
You really should have gone for it. There's a few people on here who have Traynor YBA amps of various shapes and sizes, great amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You really should have gone for it. There's a few people on here who have Traynor YBA amps of various shapes and sizes, great amps.

I tried She told me she'd call me if the guy didn't purchase it after trying it out, but I doubt he would pass on such a good deal
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE