Have any of you had to deal with the death of a loved pet, or maybe had to put a pet up for adoption?

My family is emigrating in 2 weeks, and it's way too expensive to bring our dogs. We got the older one 10 years ago, when we moved out to the country. I had no friends at the time because I changed schools. She was the runt of the litter, and we got her for free. She became my best friend, and still is, so I had always feared the day when she would die, but now she's being given to a foster home on Wednesday . It probably sounds stupid to people who never had a dog before, like some of my friends

Any stories?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Had 3 cats die.

It's sad for a few days, but you get over it. Just get a new dog once you get settled again. I know it sounds like you're just replacing your old one, but honestly it's the best thing you could do.
I love my dog. Honestly I'll be more upset about her dying then a lot of people I know.

Man, that sounds really mean.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by daytripper75
Had 3 cats die.

It's sad for a few days, but you get over it. Just get a new dog once you get settled again. I know it sounds like you're just replacing your old one, but honestly it's the best thing you could do.

If you died would you want your hypothetical wife (husband?) to marry again?
Quote by RU Experienced?

Yes.
RIP Tom Searle.
I have two Red-eared turtles, and my brother wants to give them to a reserve because he thinks an aquarium makes them sad. That may be true, but i'm half sure that the reserve will euthanize them since there are too much of these turtles and they eat everything around....
Last edited by flaphead325 at Apr 9, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils
I love my dog. Honestly I'll be more upset about her dying then a lot of people I know.

That's how I feel too.
My first dog was put down when I was 9 on Christmas Eve. My parents were kind enough to tell me the day after Christmas. They just told me that he was going to be at the vet for 2 days. I loved that dog, but I was young, so it didn't take too long for me to move on.

My second dog was put down when I was 18. She was honestly a pain, but it still sucked. It actually kind of hit me more about a year or two later.

I have two dogs now. They're the sh*t, so when the inevitable comes it'll probably be terrible.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by WCPhils

Yeah, I'm the same... especially since she's been there, at my side, for all my teenage years.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by RU Experienced?

Of course. I'm dead anyway. What do I care?

If it means they're happy again then why wouldn't I want them to?
Quote by RU Experienced?

why would you not want them to be happy again?
My sister is really allergic to dogs. stillmy parents kept One till she was 6 . I dont know Why they werd that stupid.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I've had one dog die, we got him when I was about 4 and he died when I was 16. I was sad when he died but I was coping OK. It was on a school holiday that he died and the first time after the holiday that I came back from school was when it really hit me. Pretty much my entire life I'd come home and the first thing to happen was him running through the house and coming to see me, and we'd play together for a while. The first day that didn't happen it just absolutely tore me up. No more of him excitedly running through the house to see me, no more hugs, no more big, begging eyes. That day and the few after it were awful.

We've had our current dog a couple of years now. I'm moving abroad in August and the thing that's toughest for me to get over is that he won't be there. I can still talk to friends and family, phone, Skype and Facebook them but I can't do any of that with my dog. It's an awful prospect.
I've lost 4 dogs, 3 cats, and 3 birds. It's really hard, and doesn't get any easier. I think the only thing you can do really is to get another one. It's never the same but it helps. And then the cycle goes on...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by WCPhils

This reminds me of playing games like Call of Duty and feeling terrible for shooting the attack dogs, but not caring at all for unloading a clip into another person.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I've had my dog for nearly nine years. She's pretty much my best friend, and it's gonna be three/four years tops before it happens. It's going to absolutely kill me.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
I'll be moving back home for college and I'll be living in student accommodation... so no more pets for a few years
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by lfcagger
I've had my dog for nearly nine years. She's pretty much my best friend, and it's gonna be three/four years tops before it happens. It's going to absolutely kill me.

Did you lose your virginity to your dog?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Did you lose your virginity to your dog?

Not yet, even she wouldn't have me.

My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Had a cat, who was a stray. She went missing for a month and never recovered. I had to bury her myself.

Had 2 cats, but seperated from a girl. Gave the cats away and the stupid bitch who took them took their collars off and they went missing for 1 year.

Took in another stray cat last year. She was 19 deaf and on her last legs. Gave her a nice few weeks anyway.
My hamster died and I was really sad about it for like 2 months. I cried a lot. It was the only friend I had And all my ducks got killed in one night by a fox which suuuucked.
Quote by ilikepirates
My hamster died and I was really sad about it for like 2 months. I cried a lot. It was the only friend I had And all my ducks got killed in one night by a fox which suuuucked.

I had the fox thing happen twice with my chickens, foxes are bastards.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
This reminds me of playing games like Call of Duty and feeling terrible for shooting the attack dogs, but not caring at all for unloading a clip into another person.

I thought I was the only one.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...