Hey guys so im decently new when it comes to buying guitars. I wanted to know what sort of stuff should i be looking for when it comes to buying an electric guitar like neck size and type. I have smaller hands so Im not sure what would be best. And same thing for an acoustic since ive never bought one but plan on it soon. What would you guys recommend looking for?
It's hard to recommend anything. How the neck feels is really up to you. The only advice I can give is to go and play lots of guitars and see what feels and plays the best.

Something that you should look for is good fretwork. No sharp edges, everything leveled and polished, smooth to the touch. That kind of stuff is more important than the size/shape of the neck.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
It also depends entirely on your budget and what music you play the most.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Buying a guitar, whether it be acoustic or electric, is best done by taking the hands on approach and trying out as many as possible at your local music store. A few things to keep in mind when buying a guitar is that there are many pros and cons to electric vs. acoustic instruments.

First, if you are newer to guitar and are looking for a no frills instrument that doesn't require any setup (other than tuning) then I would think about buying an acoustic. For many people, an acoustic can be the most cost effective type of guitar because it doesn't require accessories such as an amplifier, patch chords, effect pedals, etc. However, if you have smaller hands and are newer to the guitar, an acoustic presents certain challenges than an electric does not. First, an acoustic requires heavier gauge strings which will cause more finger irritation and blisters when practicing. Also, an acoustic is more difficult to play because the distance from the strings to fretboard is greater and requires more downward force.

If your interested in practicing scales I would say always go for an electric guitar, as it is much easier to finger, the strings are closer to the fretboard, and the instrument uses lighter strings.

These are some of the major things to consider. You should also ask yourself whether or not you intend on playing live music. If so, I would suggest an electric guitar.