hi ug community, i am from México and here EVERYTHING is at least at the list price from u.s.a but most of the time the guitars and amps cost about 20% than the list price (taxes). but to the point.
i am gonna upgrade my rig, because my jcm just die some weeks ago , and i turn my composition to kind of "djent-jazz" style, and my actual axes are more like "mother ****ing meta-killers bro" so, i need a rig a little bit more versatile.
i did go to my favorite store 1 week ago and tested some guitar and amps, i tested.
ibanez rg prestige 2250(or something like that IT WAS BLUE AND YELLOW) and holy god, the neck was a ****ing dream ultra fast,the strings were ****ing low it was almost like play without strings........ but BASSWOOD AND BOLT NECK ¬¬ are you ****ing kidding me the tone was kind of a lacking of "punch" and for a 25600 MXN guitar (about 2000 USD) was kind of crappy, and i didn't like the sustain it was kind of short for my taste.
schecter c-1 atx black jack this one, was pretty cheap because it has been in store for 1 year or more (about 1000USD) it have seymour duncan blackouts, most of the time i don't like the actives pick ups for 2 good reasons 1.-THE BATTERIES ARE FOR FLASHLIGHT NOT GUITARS and 2.- the EMGs kill the ****ing tone of the guitar and make them sound the same ¬¬, but i kind of like the blackout, i don't really know, they have kind of a more dynamic attack, the sustain was ****ing beatiful and fun, it was kind of "last long forever", it was more lite compare to the ibby, but compare to the ibby the action and neck weren't near as good, but i really liked the tone .
and finally the ltd m-1000 deluxe. the abalon look's so sexy but i didn´t tested at 100% it was like a 800 USD and pretty much looks awesome and the neck was pretty much like the ibby´s........ but i don't really like the EMGs.
the 3 guitar were tested through a peavy 6560+ (the replacement for my jcm).
which one should i buy?
PD:sorry of my english
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."

Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses
Last edited by guitarwarrior96 at Apr 9, 2012,
The ibanez is better then both those guitar by a great margin. Try raising the acting on it and it should fix the sustain and the punch problem. If the action is too low then the strings can't resonate properly
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
ibanez prestige agreeing and adding a far margin. to be honest the quality of Ibanez's team J-craft prestiges surpasses that of Trad/Trad+ Gibsons (not standard and not Gibson Custom) i was playing at GC. i have seven gibsons, two prestiges, all are excellent giuitars.

however i wouldn't compare a prestige over anything in its price range except maybe a tight comparison to the JP6 Music Man.

if you were to say Gibson or Prestige i would have to ask what serves you best, based on what you play, they are great.

JP6 again is another nice guitar.

i have a 3550MZ and a 2570EVSL for ibanez's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
ibanez prestige agreeing and adding a far margin. to be honest the quality of Ibanez's team J-craft prestiges surpasses that of Trad/Trad+ Gibsons (not standard and not Gibson Custom) i was playing at GC. i have seven gibsons, two prestiges, all are excellent giuitars.

however i wouldn't compare a prestige over anything in its price range except maybe a tight comparison to the JP6 Music Man.

if you were to say Gibson or Prestige i would have to ask what serves you best, based on what you play, they are great.

JP6 again is another nice guitar.

i have a 3550MZ and a 2570EVSL for ibanez's.

thanks to both, yeah i gave to agree with you the price/quality on the ibbys is supreme, but i just don't got it they are pretty expensive ,yeah i know that the quality isn't cheap, but basswood and bolt on on their flag ships? ¬¬, i can deal with the bolt on in deed i kind of like, but the tone from the basswood is not my style, yeah i know that there are more series with other woods, but here in México is like this: if you want anything else other than the RGs, you have to go to the ONLY OFFICIAL DEALER OF IBANEZ IN MÉXICO (veerkamp) ask for the model that you want pay it and wait 6 ****ING MONTHS UNTIL IT ARRIVES..... it suck mate.
and yeah i agree with you about the Music man, they have a jp (i can't remember the model) it was totally unreal, but it was 3500 U$D and here in México 1500U$D is a lot of diference
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."

Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses
Last edited by guitarwarrior96 at Apr 10, 2012,
I'd love a JP6 but they're too much money for me. I also will vouch for Ibanez's Team J Craft. My s5470q is flawless.
Its really nice basswood.
Sand that bitch down. Its not a bad wood by any means, just alot of cheaper guitars are made with really crappy peices of basswood. My cheapo mij rg470 is 1 solid peice of flawless basswood, I can imagine whats under my prestige's paint.
Some people prefer bolt on necks. Your predjudice against them is unjust.
Ibanez even uses them on the J-customs.

^ that one is mine. Ngd in a couple weeks.
Some of the best players use basswood guitars with bolt-on necks including Vai, EVH, Satriani, Petrucci, and Gilbert. Maybe you're just expecting something different than what the RG really does. And keep in mind that the Tone Zone and Air Norton aren't the punchiest pickups. They're made to add warmth and depth to a guitar. They're not super hot either.
ibanez
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I believe the ibanez is the highest quality of the 3, BUT you also have to consider that it has a floating trem. the sustain suck of that guitar was likely because it had a floyd and the really low action. if you want sustain and ease of use, go with the m1000. my experience with schecter tells me to not recommend it, they do very bad wiring on their active pickup guitars(as far as my V goes), and their sustain(if blackjack has floyd) SUCKS.

So, if I were to buy a guitar of those 3 Id get the LTD because Im lazy. If you want the best quality, the prestige is your best bet.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
İ can tell you that Ibanez craftmanship + wood quality is slightly better then ltd and shecter. Prestige ones are equal level to ESP japanese, except pickups. But if you change pickups or buy 2000+ series, it will be still cheaper then all and still higher quality. But as i said before they are same level with japanese ESP, the difference between those can be argued. But well ESP is little bit too expensive. Btw there are 2 species of basswood, one is cheap an low quality one used in low end series of some guitars, and the ones that mostly Ibanez and other big corporations use, which is kind of highest quality wood. it may lack some punch but well it is known for having the most natural sound. And with high gain pickups Ibanez has perfect sustain and tone. İ am pretty glad i bought my guitar for 500$ used ( we have more taxes then you) and it is better then a guitar i'd buy for 1500$ .
Last edited by cemges at Apr 11, 2012,
If you want something other than basswood, why not order a prestige Ibanez S series and wait it out? Those are mahogany.
Quote by anvil is god
If you want something other than basswood, why not order a prestige Ibanez S series and wait it out? Those are mahogany.

Cheapest new S prestige is $1500-1600, RG1570 is $$1050-1100. So that might be the reason to look at the basswood RGs.

Maybe look for a used RGA121, awesome guitar for around $600US?

And it really comes down to preference. You might not like the thin, flat and wide necks that the RG, RGA and S prestiges have. Personally, I absolutely love them. And I don't think I'd worry about the bolt on necks. IMO the AANJ is one of the best things since sliced bread :P Might not be important for someone who's only playing rhythm, but upper fret access is awesome with the AANJ.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
^

just in case aanj = all access neck joint on ibanez guitars
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Can you get pickups where you live? That may be the only problem with the Ibanez.

Generally, if the guitar feels good to you, that's grounds to get it. You can change pickups all day until you find something you like afterwards. But that argument is severely weakened depending on what is or isn't available to you.

But yeah, a D-Sonic/Liquifier set would most likely liven that Ibby right up. I'd do that if you can.

Quote by anvil is god

This is also good advice. Only thing is that the S body isn't for everyone, and that'd really suck if you got it and didn't dig it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the RG3570Z. That's the only blue and yellow RG. It comes with a Tone Zone, Air Norton, and True Velvet. It's only $100 cheaper than a S5470. I think his issue is actually ordering one, not price. But different pickups might be an option. In any case, the stock ones are good so it's not like you have to rush to get new ones.
Get the Schecter Blackjack. I got mine and my god, it's amazing. I have owned Vintage Gibson Flying V's from the 80's, modern Gibsons, and I have recorded with my buddy's PRS Custom 24... it blows them all away in my opinion.

The neck feels great, the Blackouts give it a gorgeous distortion tone and some really nice cleans as well. The cutaway makes it really easy for me to hit all 24 frets. The Floyd Rose is real nice on it. It stays in tune really, really well if you set it up right. I have used it to record some of my band's demos and it has a really nice, punchy and aggressive tone. I used to be against active pickups because they sound way too sterile but with the Blackouts, I have been converted

My only complaint is the lack of inlays but on the brightside, it shows off a beautiful ebony fretboard. Also, the paint on mine is a sexy Walnut Satin. Best guitar I have owned so far. Saving up for a Hellraiser Extreme now
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Last edited by xlRainlx at Apr 12, 2012,