Poll: Do you like One Direction?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like One Direction?
Yes
15 7%
No
116 53%
Don't care
88 40%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 5
They've become insanely popular, people at my school have been fangirl-ing since September.

look at their annoying-ass donkeydicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E

93 million views ಠ_ಠ

Personally I don't really care but I was wondering if there were any directionaters or whatever on UG
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I saw them on Saturday Night Live and thought it was a skit at first it was so bad.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
saw them on youtube by accident. pressed the dislike button. left.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Bieber was much better
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
This is the first I've heard of them and I already want it to be the last.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
I try to ignore them but they are everywhere it's annoying as hell. I hope to never hear one of their songs.
They make me feel beautiful...
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Obama FTW
They make me feel beautiful...

Even though I previously didn't know it.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Nobody really knows about them here. The people I know who do think they're a joke
I saw an ad or something on youtube for them once and I can honestly say they're the most forced pop group I have ever seen in my entire life. Everything about them screams "corporate product" haha
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
I listen to One Direction and feel like I'm the only girl in the world.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Never heard of them until now. The amount of ****s I don't give is truly profound.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Never heard of them until now. The amount of ****s I don't give is truly profound.

This.
*listens for a few seconds*

Annnd back to Opeth.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
The guy on the right looks like Beiber
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
I have to say that the one on the top row, second to left, looks like a Billy Joe Armstrong wannabe. The guy on the right looks like a 5 month old fetus.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

You know what the only thing I hate about them is? When you search "Up All Night" on Google, you almost ONLY get One Direction lyrics, as if the hit song by Blink 182 off their reunion album doesn't exist anymore.

There's a picture of them crossing Abbey Road, and a news article saying "Why One Direction is better than The Beatles".

Being a popular today does not mean that you're "better" than a band from back then, and music is subjective anyway.
Really? A news article had the testicular capacity to compare them to the Beatles? I listened to one of their songs, just for the sake of it, and that's laughable. Must be some pop teen 'zine.

edit: However, I am glad to see multiple layers of vocal harmonizing, like The Beatles. That's something I liked about classic rock/pop, and I'd like to see a noticeable return of it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by Twist of fate
You know what the only thing I hate about them is? When you search "Up All Night" on Google, you almost ONLY get One Direction lyrics, as if the hit song by Blink 182 off their reunion album doesn't exist anymore.

Surely Blink 182 fans who stumble upon One Direction are having their music tastes improved.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
well this band is going in one direction....:3
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I wonder which one is the CEO...
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Every ****ing Australian news program this morning was plastered with them. They landed here to do a couple of shows and every channel had a live feed at the airport to watch them arrive and do interviews with 14 year old girls about how this band "changed their lives" and "how deep and meaningful the lyrics are".
Quote by eGraham
Really? A news article had the testicular capacity to compare them to the Beatles? I listened to one of their songs, just for the sake of it, and that's laughable. Must be some pop teen 'zine.

edit: However, I am glad to see multiple layers of vocal harmonizing, like The Beatles. That's something I liked about classic rock/pop, and I'd like to see a noticeable return of it.

There's been a few articles like that over the years saying Beiber is better than the Beatles, The Jonas Brothers are better than the Beatles, etc. etc. I remember that the Jonas Brothers one caused a bit of an outcry a few years back.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
That could've been me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It's pop. It is what it is; there's is no use complaining about it. One Direction is sold on looks and a brand as well as music. No one pretends that they are a hit because of their musical merits. Give it a year and they will be a faded memory.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Apr 10, 2012,
The one on the left looks like a retarded version of a kid I used to know and the one next to him in the back looks like a flamboyantly gay version of Ian from Billy Talent.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Quote by bradulator
That could've been me.

In your dreams, m8.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by daytripper75
Why do you hate my band so much?

I thought you were dead...
Quote by AnEvilWalrus
Nobody really knows about them here. The people I know who do think they're a joke
I saw an ad or something on youtube for them once and I can honestly say they're the most forced pop group I have ever seen in my entire life. Everything about them screams "corporate product" haha
Yeah that's probably what I really dislike about them. If they were just regular musicians making music they really care about and just happened to get famous, then sure. But these guys were blatantly picked up by big producers who made it their sole aim to turn One Direction into the next 'heart-throb boy band'. I've only listened to one of their songs and I could easily describe it as a prime example of processed pop artists: marketed for good looks and branding rather than the music.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Apr 10, 2012,
I've never heard of them before. What is this?!!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I've heard of them, but not heard them. Are none of these girls smart enough to realize "music" like this is a corporate product? I think that's the problem in today's music age. Young people are too busy trying to listen to what they're supposed to like, that they leave all other acts out of mind. Like my 16-year-old cousin for example, she tries to act "country" and everything but all she does is talk about how much she "loves" every next country artist. I'll admit, Scotty McCreary does have a good voice, but if start liking every single band in nowaday's country genre, then you must be easily manipulated, or a big fan of pop music with a slide guitar in the background.
Now I know that One Direction isn't "country" and ^ was a bit of a rant, but my main point is that many young people are too easily manipulated by media that it actually scares me sometimes.
Page 1 of 5