The last NGD I had was 2 years ago with the purchase of my Gretsch.

Now, after tough times resisting the temptations of buying more affordable amps like a Fender HRD/Blues Deluxe, Blackstar, Bugera, Jet City, etc... I could finally afford the amp for me. It's not much of a surprise since my name is, well, RGallagherFan.

Vox AC30C2!!!! Feels good, man.

Group photos!!!

This brand new amp was brought into my local music store, and the day after it came I rented it for a couple of days. I played it outside today at my band's practice and it was freakin' amazing. Kept up with the other guys' Twin Reverb like a boss. Then I knew I had to have it. I bought it at retail price ($980 CAN), which is a bit of a drag, but they did throw in a footswitch that doesn't come with the amp. Meh. At least I know it's "the one".

Review:
OK so this amp is loud. Which is good, I like loud. At practice today I was at about 9-10 o'clock with my fuzz/drive pedal on. Cuts through the mix extremely well.

I REALLY like the normal channel. It's uncomplicated, and it's really good with pedals. The Top Boost channel is good with pedals, but the EQ knobs are quite finnicky and even the slightest move of them could make a HUGE difference in the overall sound. Great results can be had with the TB channel when the time is taken. Both channels sound phenomenal when clean. It's punchy and warm (not too warm) and has tons and tons of unique flavours to mess with.

The tone cut knob is a very nice touch. Even more options are there thanks to this magic dial. The tremelo is very sweet (I played Crimson and Clover for a good while ha ha). The reverb is ok, I haven't totally taken the time to go through the tone control for it. I used it at practice and it was nice.

The master volume is neat to mess with to get distortion, but I always just keep is cranked and leave it to my pedals.

With my Vox AD50VT, I would always get screeching feedback from my Gretsch. This is no longer a problem with the AC30. I was getting feedback of course, but GOOOOOD gutteral feedback that I could control.

My Gretsch is perfect for rhythm playing, but I can play great solos with it as well. I have to "fight" the AC30 a lot more than I had to with my AD50VT. But it sounds sooo much better that it's worth it.

With my Strat I can be a soloing machine. My strat loves my pedals and loves the amp. It sounds AMAZING.

Stuff I'm looking at next: Pickups for Gretsch, Blue Alnico speakers, fret dressing for Strat, 50's/treble bleed mod for my Les Paul (when I clean up with the volume knob I lose tone), and maybe a Treble Booster (...bwahahahahaha).
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Good luck to you!!! These are amazing amps!!!
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Thanks everybody!

and yeah I do plan on getting TV Jones Classics sometime.
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
wtf? i thought treble booster would be first.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Oh it wasn't in order. I'm probably going to get the fret dressing and Les Paul mod done first. It's going to be a long LONG time before I can get anything else.
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Ohhhh, super sexy. I'm getting a Peavey Classic 30 as soon as I have the cash (or a crate V series idk yet). Very cool amps.

HNAD!

So jelly...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
^^Yeah I always hear great things about the Classic 30.

^With time, Rory brother. With time. ha ha ha ha.
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
i mean for most applications today its going to be relatively cleaner. these amps are made to be cranked to get those classic rock tones like brian may or something.

but one of the best tones i ever heard live was with a handwired series ac-30 and a OCD pedal into it. man that was sexy.
Right ****ing on man.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Is that a road worn stratocaster? Or a original?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
It's a Highway One Stratocaster with nitrocellulose finish. From the day I got it 3 years ago I've played it nonstop. It's why I need to get my frets levelled/dressed as well. I've made big indents into them.
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec

Thanks!
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Good choice man. Among the best amps out there. That's a beautiful set up you got there. That Les Paul looks gorgeous.
Thank you!

The Les Paul really is nice, I just wish I could roll off the volume and keep the highs, though. Whenever I try rolling off the volume like it is now, I just end up sounding like Santana (which is a cool sound, but not what I'm going for).

This all started when I put the new DiMarzio 36th Ann. pickups in there.

I heard about doing a 50's mod on it where the tone pot is wired to the volume pot's centre lug (where usually it's soldered to the input lug). I don't know if I could do it...I could TRY but I don't want to screw anything up ha ha ha.
Guitars:
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
Boss Blues-Driver
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec