Anyone have this? Looks half decent

Heard they've made it so you can invite 25 friends for week trials, anyone wanna hook us up for a week?
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
It's WoW, with a Star Wars skin.

I've played it a decent amount, go 2 chars up past lvl 20, and honestly it really does feel that way. If you want to play a decent MMO, play Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, or TERA.
Quote by jbridge90
It's WoW, with a Star Wars skin.

I've played it a decent amount, go 2 chars up past lvl 20, and honestly it really does feel that way. If you want to play a decent MMO, play Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, or TERA.

All of this. Can't wait for GW2
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
lol, as if you'd seriously consider playing anything other than Runescape.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by jbridge90
High five!

Quote by Represent
Quote by Anchr

GW2 available for pre-order today, buying in a few hours.
This thread is now about: GW2.

I want to get it but im positive i'd have to upgrade my computer before i can play it without raging constantly because of frame skipping
Wasn't there already a Star Wars MMORPG?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Wasn't there already a Star Wars MMORPG?

Galaxies, yeah. It was decently popular until they released a controversial update that basically made it into a different game, combat wise(possibly other mechanics, but I've never played SWG).

Swtor is a much higher budget game, developed by Bioware, and they basically took all of the best features of WoW and coupled that with an immersive storyline. The problem is the combat is the exact same as WoW so after awhile you will feel like you are playing the same exact game.
I still play it a little, seems like no one is on anymore though.

Hate to say I prefer WoW a little better.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by jbridge90
Galaxies, yeah. It was decently popular until they released a controversial update that basically made it into a different game, combat wise(possibly other mechanics, but I've never played SWG).

Swtor is a much higher budget game, developed by Bioware, and they basically took all of the best features of WoW and coupled that with an immersive storyline. The problem is the combat is the exact same as WoW so after awhile you will feel like you are playing the same exact game.

Oh ok, I remember SWG now, it was quite hyped. I hope SWOR is fun.

I installed Star Trek Online the other week but haven't had the time to play it. It better be good
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I playedSWG pre-patch and it was my favorite MMO experience ever (I'm not even a big star wars fan and still felt that way).

Every single item and action in the game had to be crafted/performed by a real person. You could only buy items from other people who crafted them, not vendors, and if you needed your moral or HP healed, you had to go to town or make a campfire and have another real human being play music or dance or perform medicine on you. It was really cool in that regard.

It was also the best-balanced in terms of low-level/high level experience--you could have the skills to build yourself a badass home within a week (and there were random building spots all over the galaxy where you can form a neighborhood with your friends if you liked). Likewise, you could solo combat and still have a fun time at low levels because your increasing skills kept unlocking a ton of new stuff pretty quickly without forcing you into grind madness.

I quit when I went away to college, which happened to be a few months before the controversial patch so I never experienced the nerfed game. I was pretty disappointed when I found out TOR was just a WoW in space because I had such a great experience with SWG.

edit* on the subject of sci-fi games, my nerdy ass also loved Tabula Rasa, but I can acknowledge that there was actually a lot wrong with that game. I still loved the actual gameplay of it compared to most MMOs.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by Aralingh
GW2 available for pre-order today, buying in a few hours.

Where ? Giev link nao
Quote by Represent
Quote by Aralingh
Official website

Could've / Should've thought about that
Quote by Represent
Quote by Kensai
Oh ok, I remember SWG now, it was quite hyped. I hope SWOR is fun.

I installed Star Trek Online the other week but haven't had the time to play it. It better be good

SWTOR is OK, but I cancelled my sub after completing the Jedi Knight and Commando storylines. Felt I was going to get stuck on yet another gear treadmill.
Might resub when there's more story stuff, but will wait and see.

In any event, **** GW2.
Mechwarrior Online ftw.
I played up to level 49, and did a few others up to level 10.

My main reasons for unsubbing was that it really did feel like a single player game. The story was very good, but there was barely any MMO feeling there. Also the planets were very 'static', there would be vehicles on the roads that just sat there as part of the scenery, they never did anything etc.

Also my laptop didn't run it particularly well, and I knew only two people who played the game as well, so I have gone back to WoW.

Will be checking out GW2 when it comes out though.
its fun. its very well made, good stories and voice work etc.

i like to take massive games slowly, which gets annoying when you pay by the month. so i prefer things like ff.

I'm taking a break from gaming till diablo 3. cause i know that my summer will spent on that.
now extra flamey
It's in trouble isn't it, wait a couple of months and they might make it free to play.
Best mmo is age of Conan. Shits brutal with fatalities and such. I love star wars but swtor felt nothing like it. Its more like a gross offspring of wow and mass effect. Boring game.
Quote by Spaztikko
screw it.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC FOR THE WIN.

**** playing with others.

Yeah man. Fuck Bioware for not making a third KOTOR.

I played The Old Republic for a little while and I really liked it. I cancelled my subscription until Summer though.
I played it a lot during the beta and the first month it came out. Got pretty old fast, especially when they ****ed up pvp. Might start playing again later on in the year. I am interested in some of the content they're coming out with.

For now though ill stick with runescape.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by BurningStarlV
Yeah man. Fuck Bioware for not making a third KOTOR.

I played The Old Republic for a little while and I really liked it. I cancelled my subscription until Summer though.

TBH, SWTOR is KOTOR III.
Quote by Spaztikko
screw it.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC FOR THE WIN.

**** playing with others.

this
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
TBH, SWTOR is KOTOR III.

In that case, I wish they didn't make KotOr 3.
Quote by Jackintehbox
In that case, I wish they didn't make KotOr 3.

You're never happy. What are you, a woman?
I would have much rather had a KOTOR 3. MMOs bore me.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I have an account, I have a lot of fun. This raid tier was way too easy thought, hopefully 1.2 will bring a reasonable challenge.

Overall I thought it was a fantastic leveling experience, especially over the more boring and monotonous traditional MMO questing systems. After having played WoW for 5 years I still can't tell you why my Shaman was in the Arathi Highlands, but I can tell you every nuance of Nar Shadaa in SWTOR after just a few months.

The game's biggest downfall is the endgame content. 4-man group stuff was fine but raiding and endgame PvP was no where near ready for release. Hopefully these issues are addressed in the upcoming content patches.
Last edited by Seref at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by BurningStarlV
lol, nah

In the run-up to beta, multiple dev interviews stated that SWTOR was KOTOR III. And IV, V, VI, VII and so on.
Speaking as someone who was a day 1 registration on the official forum, lol, yeah.
I have it, biggest problem with it is the fact that the server I play on is dead and Bioware haven't migrated the servers yet.

And I've lost all motivation to play it...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100