So basically, my flatmate who has been playing guitar for the past two years and he seems to have a problem breathing when he plays.

Its especially pronounced when he plays something difficult, but even when he plays songs he knows backwards he seems to have to hold his breath till to the end of the bar or whatever before breathing in and out really quick and holding it again.

What I wanted to know is, does anyone else do this/know someone that does?
It's not a problem for me, never has been, nor anybody else I know who plays guitar or any other instrument.

P.S. He doesn't have any medical conditions etc that would cause this.

P.P.S Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place!
I've caught myself doing this during really complicated solo's. But other than that, no
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Unless he often falls unconscious then it's not really a problem.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Apr 10, 2012,
He actually... forgets to breath when he plays guitar?

455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Yup. He's gonna die
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by cptcomet
He actually... forgets to breath when he plays guitar?

Bass guitar player.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
I know get him to learn Mastodon's "The Last Baron"

p.s. 13 minutes long
Quote by deathdrummer
Bass guitar player.

I usually find myself making weird faces when playing complicated solos.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Well the question is; do you like him?

If not and he forgets when playing something hard...tell him to take up Progressive Metal lead guitar and see what happens during th solos.

Otherwise he should probably take up Pop Punk in order to save his life...but is life then worth living?
The Ramones all had that problem
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Friend of mine was studying/practising piano once. And she got so into it that she forgot to breath and passed out. Her teacher almost called an ambulance haha.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Antis0cial
Friend of mine was studying/practising piano once. And she got so into it that she forgot to breath and passed out. Her teacher almost called an ambulance haha.

Hah, how can that even happen?

"Oh, I'm feeling faint headed. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? Nope, can't think of anything..."

*thud*

Well, strange things do happen I guess. I've got a friend who's a fantastic guitarist and plays many, many hours a day whenever he can. One time at uni, he fell asleep while playing. His flatmates found him, fast asleep - still playing guitar.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
The Ramones all had that problem

I think they also suffered from 'poker face' - no expression. And they were all paralyzed.
Smile when you say that.
Oh yea, OP, your flat mate will surely die. I get dibs on his picks.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat

Well, strange things do happen I guess. I've got a friend who's a fantastic guitarist and plays many, many hours a day whenever he can. One time at uni, he fell asleep while playing. His flatmates found him, fast asleep - still playing guitar.

HAHAHA.

TS, your friends going to die.
Quote by cip 123
I know get him to learn Mastodon's "The Last Baron"

p.s. 13 minutes long

What about Racecar by Periphery? A good 15 mins long and there's a lot of rhythm changes and stuff like that.
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Quote by Anchr
What about Racecar by Periphery? A good 15 mins long and there's a lot of rhythm changes and stuff like that.

Try the Odyssey by Symphony X. 24 minutes long.
Quote by drdoom8793
Try the Odyssey by Symphony X. 24 minutes long.

Please, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. About 45.
Oh, I wonder how long this is going to go on for?

Long song!

Longer song, you fool!

An even longer one than that!

Especially since the TS says that he breathes at the end of every bar rather than holding his breath for the whole song.

Quote by guitarxo
No, but I hold my breath when I swim.

Have you ever wondered whether you might be better off with gills?
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Apr 10, 2012,