Hi guys,

Ive decided to sell my Peavey Vypyr 30 and the Sanpera 1 pedal with it.Ive decided that amps with built in effects are not for me,so its got to go.

So ill be looking at another amp,which will only need to be 15 watts and an effects unit which would preferably be able to link into my computer(pod etc)

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee
Don't understand.

You don't want digital modellers.

But you want an amp with USB or line outs.

So you want to go from something quite good, to something quite shit?

Fill this out - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Sorry pal.

I suppose what i mean was something that doesnt have as many on board effects as the Vypyr and something which is smaller,and obviously not as loud.I cant use the full power of the amp and it never goes above 3.Ive been looking at smaller standard amps,and would like a recording interface to go with it which could go thought my computer for recording-so no,i dont really need a USB amp,assuming i can link an interface through it anyway.
Last edited by Tayron27 at Apr 10, 2012,
But seriously, if you want us to help you out with a new amp fill this out - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Nothing wrong with wanting a new amp, but if you're doing it just for the sake of it or getting something of equal or less quality, doesn't seem like much point does it?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Budget? - £150-£200

Genres? - all sorts really.Mainly rock,metal and blues.

New or Used? - either

Home or Gig? - home player

Closest City? - Luton(near London) England.

Current Gear? - Peavey Vypyr 30,Sanpera 1 pedal.Tremonti SE and Jackson dinky.
Probably not going to get much better than what you have with that budget. Best advice would be to save up a little more and buy something that'll last a little while. But if you're desperate for something else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-watt-all-valve-Laney-VC30-210-guitar-amplifier-great-clean-sound-/220995214057?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3374575ae9#ht_500wt_1287 Would need to pair a boost or a distortion pedal for metal with this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-6505-112-Combo-Guitar-Amp-Footswitch-/200740062972?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item2ebd0a46fc#ht_500wt_1287 Isn't bad for rock, great for metal but would suck for blues. (Will have to expand your budget a bit on this one).

Really unless you expand your budget a bit higher, there isn't much available.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Not sure I'd recommend a 6505 1x12 combo for someone that wants less loud. You're not really going to get a whole more out of a new amp than you have with your vypyr 30. And I'm not sure I'd ever want to use one of the smaller amps that only have 8/10" speakers.

If you like the amp models in your vypyr 30, but don't like the effects, why not just disable the on board effects and buy a multi-fx pedal? You'll be hard pressed to find a better metal tone than what the vypyr delivers.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I'm a little confused at what, exactly, you want to accomplish here?

A 15 watt amp isn't going to be markedly less loud than your current amp?

Why do you care if you can only turn it to 3?

Not trying to be a jerk, but I truly don't understand what it is you are attempting to do?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
How about instead of getting a new amp you just buy some recording software and equipment?
I pride myself on my humility.