He just got an Ibanez RG, and likes music from classic rock all the way to Iron Maiden and Dragonforce. H/S/H configuration.
That's a little bit vague... assuming he's got a good amp, something like a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge is a fairly safe bet for what you want.
Some kind of PAF variant in the neck is a pretty safe bet as well.
As for middle, I don't know really...it probably wont matter that much for what you want it for tbh.

Perhaps all he needs is a...yeah...new amp?
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Something like a JB/Jazz combo for the humbuckers, maybe? Not sure about the single coil. Medium output though I would have thought.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Medium output though I would have thought.

High output I'd say - DF use dimarzio evolutions and Maiden use super distortions/Duncan hot rails.

Maybe some sort of dimarzio evo/paf pro would work well, with a rail style single from either dimarzio or duncan
Yo hommie, needs some new pickups fo rizzle mah shizzle. You dig it? HXC motha****a!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
You definitely wont need high-out put pick-ups for Iron Maiden.

Not being funny, but if your 'homie' can play dragonforce on guitar, how the hell does he not have his own knowledge + opinion of pick ups.

I think you should get a Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge and just get rid of the single coil in the middle.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Does your "homie" have a means of electric amplification?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Super Distortion in the bridge and PAF Pro in the neck, perhaps. He probably doesn't need to worry about the single coil.

What amp does he have?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
my home-nigz defo haz gee. Is allgud in that hood yo.

keep them suggestions coming like a filipino prostitute fo shizzle yo!
Quote by gman128
High output I'd say - DF use dimarzio evolutions and Maiden use super distortions/Duncan hot rails.

Maybe some sort of dimarzio evo/paf pro would work well, with a rail style single from either dimarzio or duncan
Except he also plays classic rock etc... It sounds like he wants a fairly versatile guitar.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Spaztikko
my home-nigz defo haz gee. Is allgud in that hood yo.

keep them suggestions coming like a filipino prostitute fo shizzle yo!

What in the hell are you typing?

Make yourself out to be an idiot, and people are going to treat you like an idiot. This will happen for the rest of your life.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."