Poll: Which is the best colour for the DiPinto Galaxie 4?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is the best colour for the DiPinto Galaxie 4?
Silver with Gold pickguard
12 38%
Orange with White pickguard
2 6%
Sunburst with Red/Brown pickguard
11 34%
Pink with White pickguard
7 22%
Voters: 32.
Page 1 of 2
Toggle switches are good ideas I've no idea why anyone thinks they can improve on them.
SMILE!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
Toggle switches are good ideas I've no idea why anyone thinks they can improve on them.

Who thinks they can improve on them?
"Which road do I take"? she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" was his response.
"I don't know", Alice answered.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by Telecaster7
They look like toys.

Is that because of the 4 red detonation buttons? Dunno where you come from but don't let kids have bombs is a good suggestion.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by BadBanshee
Who thinks they can improve on them?

The makers of the guitar who decided to use crazy buttons instead of a toggle?
SMILE!
Quote by PsiGuy60
Not sure if I like the buttons.

Out of curiosity: seriously why not? I suppose you don't like the headstock either. When I first started out looking at guitars I would find nuances about every guitar that wasn't a simple single cutaway or a simple superstrat that I didn't like. And by don't like I mean recoil in horror the same way when an ugly girl tries to chat you up. Now I look at guitars like they're are pieces of art and I'm talking about cubist and surrealist art... something unique, something different.

Like Jyrgen said: one word: funky.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
The makers of the guitar who decided to use crazy buttons instead of a toggle?

erroneous use of the word instead.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
that is almost the most hideous guitar I've ever seen

almost

Oh come on, it doesn't even look that different to a Fender Jazzmaster..

EDIT: you also must not have seen many guitars then either.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Last edited by BadBanshee at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by BadBanshee
Out of curiosity: seriously why not? I suppose you don't like the headstock either. When I first started out looking at guitars I would find nuances about every guitar that wasn't a simple single cutaway or a simple superstrat that I didn't like. And by don't like I mean recoil in horror the same way when an ugly girl tries to chat you up. Now I look at guitars like they're are pieces of art and I'm talking about cubist and surrealist art... something unique, something different.

Like Jyrgen said: one word: funky.

Meh. I just think the buttons make it look overly complex. I'm a bit utilitarian when it comes to instruments - the fewer controls visible, the better. If there was a guitar where almost every control was hidden in some way, I'd be all over that.

However, the rest of that guitar does look good, and I bet you can get some really nice sounds out of the 4 pickups.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by PsiGuy60
Meh. I just think the buttons make it look overly complex. I'm a bit utilitarian when it comes to instruments - the fewer controls visible, the better. If there was a guitar where almost every control was hidden in some way, I'd be all over that.

However, the rest of that guitar does look good, and I bet you can get some really nice sounds out of the 4 pickups.

Which colour do you prefer out of all of them if you don't mind me asking? From "I'm a bit utilitarian" I would guess the sunburst, am I right?
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by BadBanshee
Which colour do you prefer out of all of them if you don't mind me asking? From "I'm a bit utilitarian" I would guess the sunburst, am I right?

You guessed correctly.
Quote by PsiGuy60
You guessed correctly.

I do like the sunburst as it happens. I admire the fusion between back-to-the-future style quackiness (shape and features) and vintage style sobriety (colour).

If I had one I would go play post-punk stuff at some disco.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Orange!
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by BadBanshee
I do like the sunburst as it happens. I admire the fusion between back-to-the-future style quackiness (shape and features) and vintage style sobriety (colour).

If I had one I would go play post-punk stuff at some disco.

If I had one of those I'd spend the first year experimenting with pickup combinations and amp settings just to find every single tone that I like.
Then I'd probably go do the exact same thing.
Quote by BadBanshee
erroneous use of the word instead.

A toggle is a sensible mechanism that 90% of guitar makers use, you could say it's the normal form of pickup selection so instead of the established norm they went for insane non-sense.

And where do you work in DiPinto?
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
A toggle is a sensible mechanism that 90% of guitar makers use, you could say it's the normal form of pickup selection so instead of the established norm they went for insane non-sense.

And where do you work in DiPinto?

So you decided you don't like this guitar when you haven't even looked at it properly.

The fact that when you clicked on this thread your attention was immediately drawn exclusively towards what you don't like, combined with what you have chosen as your avatar, suggests to me that you are a Negative Creep

Oh, and no, I actually saw this guitar in a book my sister bought me for Xmas called 500 Guitars A-Z. Looked interesting so I youtubed it and googled for reviews and I'm overall impressed, but just wondering what people think of the looks and which colour is most appetizing.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by BadBanshee
So you decided you don't like this guitar when you haven't even looked at it properly.

The fact that when you clicked on this thread your attention was immediately drawn exclusively towards what you don't like, combined with what you have chosen as your avatar, suggests to me that you are a Negative Creep

Why what have I missed?

But for the record I do like the guitar it sufficiently whacky that if I hadn't just ordered a Jazzmaster I might have been tempted, but that control system still is impractical.
SMILE!
I think if you get a guitar like that, you might as well get an interesting colour. Therefore orange.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Imagine how it would dound if you managed to stuff 4 p90's into that it would soind insane
I'M FAT!!!!
Quote by afatguitarist
Imagine how it would dound if you managed to stuff 4 p90's into that it would soind insane

Re-route it for 4 humbuckers and it would be Nigel Tufnel approved.
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
Why what have I missed?

But for the record I do like the guitar it sufficiently whacky that if I hadn't just ordered a Jazzmaster I might have been tempted, but that control system still is impractical.

Actually, you might not have missed anything. I read on the official specs on the website that it has a 5 way switch selector so assumed that thing under the knobs is the selector but it might be the input.

Either way, I've not seen models without those 4 buttons so I'm assuming the 5 way switch is somewhere on there for your convenience

Which Jazzmaster have you ordered? Tbh, I've never ever looked at a Fender that isn't a strat or tele before, despite being a massive Nirvana fan, so I know nothing about them.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by Stugg334
I think if you get a guitar like that, you might as well get an interesting colour. Therefore orange.

For me it's between the Sunburst and the Orange.

Isn't that just sexy?
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by BadBanshee
Actually, you might not have missed anything. I read on the official specs on the website that it has a 5 way switch selector so assumed that thing under the knobs is the selector but it might be the input.

Either way, I've not seen models without those 4 buttons so I'm assuming the 5 way switch is somewhere on there for your convenience

Which Jazzmaster have you ordered? Tbh, I've never ever looked at a Fender that isn't a strat or tele before, despite being a massive Nirvana fan, so I know nothing about them.

I assume that as no selector switch visible the 4 buttons are literally on off switches for each pick up but I may be wrong. I ordered a Jazzmaster Classic Player but Kurt as far as I can tell never played a Jazzmaster he played a Jaguar because he liked the short scale length I think, as well as some other guitars like the mustang and stratocaster. Fender have just put out two Kurt Cobain signature models you might want to look at.

I would have liked a Jaguar because I do like Nirvana but the Jazzmaster has the cool shape and controls that suit me better.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by BadBanshee
For me it's between the Sunburst and the Orange.

(Invalid img)

Isn't that just sexy?

It looks like it should smell orangey, and taste of something orangey if you lick it. It's so damn pop
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I think it's a pretty silly looking guitar (looks like a 5-year old tried to draw a Fender) so you should go for a silly colour scheme. Silver sparkle + gold pickguard just suits it for some reason.

Orange is my second choice.
I love everything about those except for the star inlays on some of them. Everything else is beautiful though.
They're purposely trying to be outrageous "look at me" guitars. I kinda get the style they're going for but it's just too flashy. Not a fan.
I usually like subtle things; darker coloured cars, dark blue jeans, ambient music...

So for those reasons: Orange.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
what pit did you dig that abysmal thing up from?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
To be honest, when I first saw it I thought it was a heap of extravagant rubbish from Jupiter.

Then the reviews proved me wrong about the "rubbish" part.

Then I looked closer at the Fender Jaguar and Jazzmaster and suddenly... this doesn't look THAT in-your-face anymore... especially if you go for the sunburst.

The silver and the pink one make it look mad. The sunburst looks just conventional with perhaps a dash of edge, and the orange just makes it look out-there but trendy nevertheless.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Last edited by BadBanshee at Apr 11, 2012,
Looking at this thread again makes me have severe GAS for an "out-there" guitar like this.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Looking at this thread again makes me have severe GAS for an "out-there" guitar like this.

*LIKE*

I've actually just recently developed a craving for something new and inspired. For quite a while now I've been leaning towards purchasing a Fender Baja Telecaster in this particular colour:

Although I do love playing the American Vintage 52 (but can't bring myself to splash out on it):

The thing is, although I love that unruly bridge pickup (because it's full to the brim with attackiness), and although I think the looks are "neat", it does look rather bland, or so I've been told by friends and family. Their opinion is starting to rub off on me though. I can actually see myself purchasing it and then lacking the inspiration to pick it up and play as much as I could if I bought a really unique looking guitar. Sad, I know, but looks matter at the end of the day :/
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
in this thread: judging a book by its cover.

i think these guitars look cool because they look weird and different (no, i'm not a hipster). Kinda like the opposite of PRS, imo.

nevermind the looks though, i think how they sound is probably the most important thing. the switching system sure is strange, but i'll bet you can get some interesting tones out of it. definitely the kind of guitar i'd quickly throw a set of flatwound strings on.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
in this thread: judging a book by its cover.

i think these guitars look cool because they look weird and different (no, i'm not a hipster). Kinda like the opposite of PRS, imo.

nevermind the looks though, i think how they sound is probably the most important thing. the switching system sure is strange, but i'll bet you can get some interesting tones out of it. definitely the kind of guitar i'd quickly throw a set of flatwound strings on.

I went through a phase of adoring PRS guitars once. They look very sleek and expensive. PRS = Tuxedos, DiPinto = The clothes Andre 3000 wears.

Why flatwound strings by the way?
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Page 1 of 2